Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2015, 03:50 PM
Large Rat

Default 31 ogre sk looking to gear up

I still have some banded armor including Helm, mask, gorget, mantle, belt and a bracer. I have the Chitlin armor and bronze greaves. I have 4 pieces of Blood Ember Boots, Bracer gauntlets and vambracer. I have Sarnak earring of station and 2 plat fire wedding rings. I am using a poison wind censer. I also have Circlet of Shadows in inventory.

Not sure what I should look to next. Should I invest in something like FBSS or should I look to update out of banded. Don't have a ton of plat right now. Have been slowly updating the gear from my Shaman. Was thinking of putting around 4-6k more in.
Old 10-04-2015, 05:14 PM
Fire Giant

Hooded black cloak
orc fang or diamondine earring
Darkforge greaves
darkforge bp
skull shaped barbute

PWC will do ok for now but youll want to upgrade it before 50, green jade halberd is a good upgrade.

SK dps is shit already so I would make a haste item low on your priority list. For the same amount of money it would cost to get an FBSS or SCHW you can pick up a jboot mq instead.
Old 10-05-2015, 08:44 PM
Large Rat

I ended up picking up a few sentient pieces bp, greaves, and a bracer. Also grabbed a dark forge helm. all those cost 1100. Figure they may help me with being able to cast more since i am an ogre.

Have not seen much for a weapon that i want except a couple really good 1 handers, but prefer to stick with 2 handed for now. Would it be worth while just to go after really good 2 hander like Granite Face Grinder?
Old 10-06-2015, 03:20 PM
Kobold

sell pwc, buy deathbringer's rod or aforementioned gjh and you will turn a profit and have a better weapon.

everyone always says to not bother with bought haste on hybrid tanks but i blew my fat wad on an fbss and it suits me fine, but i do a lot of fear kiting. also i already had pretty good weaps (noct/atr and db rod) and as an iksar i didn't have many other upgrade options that didn't cost a billion dollars so there's that.
Last edited by skulldudes; 10-06-2015 at 03:22 PM..
Closed Thread