Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-30-2018, 08:26 PM
Aviak

Default Ring War Desynch

Searched the forums and I couldn't find a thread about this. I know other people have issues on ring wars and I was wondering if anyone had found a solution that wasn't just buying a better pc. I've tried /log off, clip plane down, particle effects off, fps. It doesnt seem to matter if there's a lot going on on screen or if it's a small or large raid or whatever. I get a lot higher pc loads during say a AoW fight or during a full fear kite than I do on a ring war so I'm not sure why this happens.

If anyone can point me to a thread, or has any suggestions it would be very much appreciated. TY!
9 Erudite Magician - Adisa
Old 01-31-2018, 12:36 AM
Fire Giant

Yeah, I never had issues with Ring war in the past. But, today, I was desyncing every 5 minutes it seemed. It was super aggravating. I chalked it up to an ISP issue, but maybe it was a game issue.
Old 01-31-2018, 12:41 AM
Fire Giant

This guy’s issue from the server chat thread described me issue to the letter.

Yeah, took a 6-8 month break and came back to intermittent packet loss down to 95%, everything stops updating client side as it slowly crawls down over ~5 seconds, people walk into walls, spells won't cast. It hit's 95% PL and reverts back every time to 100... fast forwarding everything and usually ending up in me being dead, happens randomly multiple times per hour in some cases, never gone LD yet with the "You have been disconnected message" it always self corrects. Also getting crashing when zoning or logging now too, EJ was particularly bad but it's indiscriminate and random as well. Only thing that has changed was updated spell files for the last server patch.