Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2016, 07:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because it prevents you from using the real BiS legs for a priest. The nightcaller legs from Blob2.

The issue of healing on live is almost never the amount healed. It's the speed at which you land the heals.

Sacrificing your leg slot to a 23% heal Focus versus the typical IH3 20% is a total waste, when you consider the Blob2 legs. The best beneficial spell haste focus in era is 30% on the nightcaller legs, which leads to 2.6s spot heals versus 3.8s spot heals. The next best spell haste is 18% generic on mask (and any priest would want AHR mana pres mask over the generic haste mask, meaning most have just boring 15% spell haste 3 focus). This 0.6s difference in the cast time of your spot heals is the difference between life and death of many tanks and DPS in fights. I guarantee you the 3% healing focus difference is never going to count for shit over your PD cloak or Yael ranged.

Basically. Speed > power for EQ healing almost every time. Prioritize the spell haste focus over the potency of the healing, otherwise you're an idiot who doesn't understand what EQ healing is about.

Come PoP only 2 items replace the Blob2 legs. Fennin Ro Belt and something in PoTime with the same focus (30% beneficial haste focus). But every single priest class gets a raw 25% heal focus on their arms in EP armor allowing you to cover that focus need easily. Not to mention the Xegony ring and Quarm shield focii.

Be smart as a priest. Get blob2 legs or be a shitty priest with slow heals and continue to let DPS die because your heals don't land fast enough.
AHR legs are also 18 more AC 40 more mana 5 more all resist and not stupid fucking leather. Fashionquest man. 90%+ of my healing is CH or clicky pant heals which aren't effected my spellhaste focus anyway. Pants gain the benefit from healing focus though. Situations where .6 seconds off my divine/ethereal light is make or break are honestly pretty rare.
Old 11-24-2016, 07:56 PM
Planar Protector

So my only point with my previous comment was: doesn't this combination of out of era mechanics that hugely favor players and massive amounts of raid gear make all non-raid content trivial? I mean, Daybreak had to give bosses *double* HP and damage or some nonsense just to make the encounters vaguely challenging. But all of the normal XP content does not get this buff, right? So this is how you can rack up 50 AA per hour or clear Vex Thal in 3 hours or whatnot. 95% of the time you're playing on half difficulty.
Old 11-24-2016, 07:57 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So my only point with my previous comment was: doesn't this combination of out of era mechanics that hugely favor players and massive amounts of raid gear make all non-raid content trivial? I mean, Daybreak had to give bosses *double* HP and damage or some nonsense just to make the encounters vaguely challenging. But all of the normal XP content does not get this buff, right? So this is how you can rack up 50 AA per hour or clear Vex Thal in 3 hours or whatnot. 95% of the time you're playing on half difficulty.
This isint a classic server. I'm not sure why that's so hard to get through your small little skull.
Old 11-24-2016, 07:58 PM
Planar Protector

Not that Project 1999 dungeons are the epitome of challenge, but at least DN/Sirens aren't trivial in a 2-3 man group.
Old 11-24-2016, 08:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbard1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This isint a classic server. I'm not sure why that's so hard to get through your small little skull.
It's ironic that your post questions my reading comprehension when yours is so bad. I'm not discussing whether or not Phinigel is classic or not, but whether it's ezmode 95% of the time when the Mighty buffs aren't involved. It seems for better balance everything should get them.
Old 11-24-2016, 08:00 PM
Planar Protector

extra post because bigbard interrupted my triple post as I push this thread onward towards page 1000
Old 11-24-2016, 08:02 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's ironic that your post questions my reading comprehension when yours is so bad. I'm not discussing whether or not Phinigel is classic or not, but whether it's ezmode 95% of the time when the Mighty buffs aren't involved. It seems for better balance everything should get them.
Everquest is trivial for a long time. You are acting like 15 year old content when everyone knows the strats is hard.
Old 11-24-2016, 08:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
They nerfed exp gain and mobs reset if you get too far away from them without actiively holding aggro. So you get about 2-3% AA exp a kill and can't really pull a whole zone without parts of it reseting. But people do AE groups that make a couple AA a pull.
Old 11-24-2016, 08:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
To be fair. If I cared a lot about group content being difficult I probably wouldn't play on Phinigel. It's true that in most cases its easier than group content on P99. I'm here for raids first and foremost and as it stands Phinigel is the only place to experience EQ raiding that doesn't suck imo.
Old 11-24-2016, 09:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We've got two monk/bst fangs, one kalsh, three bloodfrenzys, and we just got that Khati Sha dagger last night. Got that emp offhand sword as well for a rogue.
we have had 2 emp offhands... bards got both lol. went for cheap too

4 bloodfrenzy and 3 hategivers
Closed Thread