Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2015, 04:06 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
opinions are like assholes, so are luclin models
My point has been proven by your comment. Thanks sir.. carry on.
Old 08-01-2015, 04:07 PM
Fire Giant

Ok how about another angle.

It does not matter what YOU want, all that matter to the devs is to get as close to classic as they can. Danth in another post earlier explained it very clearly.

Since it not YOURS, MINE , or others server we follow the rules and CHANGES the dev wish to enforce here.

Stay , go , take a break the server will still be here and people will continue to enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol let's make the game look like shit rather than using luclin models (which most people got the game from a torrent) and praise classic.. like I just don't get it.. ok u want classic mechanics I do too.. but.. why do u prefer shit triangle graphics when u can have decent looking models while keeping classic eq gameplay and mechanics.. its mind boggling how u classic worshipers bash others who prefer somewhat better graphics.. smh

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Old 08-01-2015, 04:10 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol let's make the game look like shit rather than using luclin models (which most people got the game from a torrent) and praise classic.. like I just don't get it.. ok u want classic mechanics I do too.. but.. why do u prefer shit triangle graphics when u can have decent looking models while keeping classic eq gameplay and mechanics.. its mind boggling how u classic worshipers bash others who prefer somewhat better graphics.. smh
You have a point. Classic EQ could be vastly improved by a few important changes: slightly better graphics, slightly better UI, maps, etc.

I really, really, truly crave a server that's basically just Classic EQ mechanics with a few simple Quality of Life Improvements.

Unfortunately, that server does not exist or isn't as popular as P99.

If you crave that ClassicEQ+QoL Improvements, make it. Go out there and do it.

The guys who run this show have a goal, and it's not to make ClassicEQ+QoL Improvements. They don't charge you money to play here, and they put in a lot of work to keep the lights on. They want you to play and have a good time, but not at the expense of their goal.
Old 08-01-2015, 04:11 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you've been here awhile you saw this coming. Folks who have a recent join date can be forgiven for not seeing this coming, so here's the short version: Staff here has always maintained, since 2009, that they'll make the server as classic as realistically possible, like it or not. Given a chance they'd revert us to the old UI, dark night time, single chat window, spellbook meditating, and other old features. In most cases the only reason we don't have this stuff already is because they can't find a practical means of enforcing it on the Titanium client used by eq-emulator. Every now and then some developer makes a breakthrough on a specific item and it gets "fixed."

When P1999 opened we started at 200 sense heading. We had a visible compass, target rings, /con color in target window, we could cast spells from sitting, and a host of other conveniences. All of these things have since been removed one by one. Some of them lasted years. You don't have to like everything about old-time EQ--I certainly don't!--but if you play here you accept that such things may be enforced at some point and deal with it as it arrives. In most cases you'll find that after a week or so you adjust to the new normal and stop noticing.

Danth

said best right there

I used luclin models most of the time
Old 08-01-2015, 04:12 PM
Fire Giant

thanks criddopher was going to post that but ya beat me to it.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Old 08-01-2015, 04:34 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryachart [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have a point. Classic EQ could be vastly improved by a few important changes: slightly better graphics, slightly better UI, maps, etc.

I really, really, truly crave a server that's basically just Classic EQ mechanics with a few simple Quality of Life Improvements.

Unfortunately, that server does not exist or isn't as popular as P99.

If you crave that ClassicEQ+QoL Improvements, make it. Go out there and do it.

The guys who run this show have a goal, and it's not to make ClassicEQ+QoL Improvements. They don't charge you money to play here, and they put in a lot of work to keep the lights on. They want you to play and have a good time, but not at the expense of their goal.
I agree 100% and in no way am I bashing the devs for what they do.. on the contrary.. I appreciate them giving us this opportunity to enjoy this as it was/is my favorite mmo ever.. but some things like not allowing luclin models just seems silly to me. Either way I will adapt to the classic models.. I don't get why anyone would quit over models.. the thing is I installed this game with the luclin models.. have played with them ever since.. not used to classic models.. haven't seen them since 1999.. my thoughts is if the luclin models were gonna be blocked then why allow people to use them in the first place.. its on the forums still.. lol
Old 08-01-2015, 04:36 PM
Aviak

Quote:
I agree 100% and in no way am I bashing the devs for what they do.. on the contrary.. I appreciate them giving us this opportunity to enjoy this as it was/is my favorite mmo ever.. but some things like not allowing luclin models just seems silly to me. Either way I will adapt to the classic models.. I don't get why anyone would quit over models.. the thing is I installed this game with the luclin models.. have played with them ever since.. not used to classic models.. haven't seen them since 1999.. my thoughts is if the luclin models were gonna be blocked then why allow people to use them in the first place.. its on the forums still.. lol
The reason they allowed them in the first place was a technical limitation. Basically, they didn't have a way to NOT allow them.

As of today they do.
Old 08-01-2015, 04:38 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buellen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To all you waaaa I'm leaving!!! (throws lollipop to floor) people.

1. I respect this so much that it is in my sig.

Nilbog:

2. You small amount of folks throwing a tantrum is not going to change the server admins views, guess what THEY have seen young person tantrums before and they will see them again its nothing new .
I doubt very much that many "young persons" are actually playing P99. We may have been young in '99, but now.......
Old 08-01-2015, 04:45 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Its not about whether Luclin models are good/bad/ugly, they aren't classic. This server is about recreating classic Everquest with all its good/bad/ugly.

MMOs fixed/improved on lots of EQ concepts and they also ruined/omitted others. Taking the bad with the good is part of the classic EQ experience.

Just simmer down and enjoy in all its pixelated glory.
Old 08-01-2015, 05:01 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappytwotoes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its not about whether Luclin models are good/bad/ugly, they aren't classic. This server is about recreating classic Everquest with all its good/bad/ugly.

MMOs fixed/improved on lots of EQ concepts and they also ruined/omitted others. Taking the bad with the good is part of the classic EQ experience.

Just simmer down and enjoy in all its pixelated glory.
I guess I will bro. I love eq since 1999 really not much will stop me from playing.. just thought id speak my mind with the luclin models being blocked but if u love eq you put up with it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread