Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 08:16 PM
Skeleton

Default Velious launch GM Event

Well, looks like I locked myself out, so I'll start a thread here about the (currently ongoing) GM event.

It started snowing across all zones around 1:30PM PST. At sometime around 3PM, a few system-wide messages went out. It said a combined research effort by gnomes and dark elves lead to portals opening in West Commons, West Karana, Feerott and a zone in Faydwer (someone else can clarify that).
The messages mentioned that giants and dwarves had emerged from the portals.

Running over to WC, halfway between the ZL and Befallen I found an encampment of Velious dwarves. There was a Coldain Loremaster, an Explorer, a Vendor and some un-named warriors and priests. A huge group of players were crowding around them killing the warriors and priests- it seemed the named NPCs could not be engaged. The warriors and priests did not leave corpses.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I later learned that there was an identical encampment of Velious giants near the kith zone. Each encampment was spawning the warriors and priests which began pathing towards the other side and attacking each other. At one point I saw a group of giants reach the other side, having killed all of the warriors. They left the fixed NPCs alone and despawned.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Each encampment was giving quests. (posting now to add details in edits)
Last edited by Crass; 08-02-2015 at 08:22 PM..
Old 08-02-2015, 08:26 PM
Kobold

Was basically unplayable for me. I have had ZERO problems with this server until today. I basically had to just log and forget about it.
Old 08-02-2015, 08:36 PM
Large Rat

I checked it out but all the giants/coldains were way too high level for my 11 cleric... unless there was information I was missing for lower level chars to participate. I missed the opening announcements.
Old 08-02-2015, 08:38 PM
Fire Giant

Due to nature of mobs that can drop items

I found myself able to gather 16 different faction items from the gobos in Gorge of King Xorb.

The mudites and mino where not droping the required items.

Was fun for me overall got 3 items for my 16 turn ins nothing amazing red wand , scaled wolf gloves and a golden stud .

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Old 08-02-2015, 08:39 PM
Skeleton

It was a great way to get lvl 50+ players camping all of the low-level humanoid camps. It made participating by low-levels virtually impossible. It also made most hunting for low-levels very difficult.
Old 08-02-2015, 08:40 PM
Kobold

I tried going with a hunch to hunt kerrans. Yielded nothing.
Old 08-02-2015, 08:42 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yippee38 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was a great way to get lvl 50+ players camping all of the low-level humanoid camps. It made participating by low-levels virtually impossible. It also made most hunting for low-levels very difficult.
This.

The dwarves and giants should have been like, level 50. Then they'd be easy enough that high levels wouldn't have a reason to steal everything.
Old 08-02-2015, 08:50 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by keysmash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This.

The dwarves and giants should have been like, level 50. Then they'd be easy enough that high levels wouldn't have a reason to steal everything.
Would not have made a difference. There was a guy in EC camping the first orc camp. He claimed to have gotten 50+ turn-ins.

The drops should have been level limited or something like that.
Old 08-02-2015, 08:55 PM
Banned

We killed giants and got max faction after like 4 or 5 of them or at least faction enough to port me to Vel immediately. I saw no rewards for heads however which was sad.. overall we killed like 10 or 15 giants and got about 1 head for every 4 giants.

A lot of people focused on the humanoid mobs to get loots.. like best loot i saw was rubi grieves (which makes me believe that they did have a guise or other legacy items on the loot table).. I got a seahorse scale cloak and some other crappy stuff..

I saw no Guise of the Deceiver on red, not sure if anyone got one on Blue yet? Would like to know.

Was disappointed it wasn't raining guise's but whatever, that's why Ill play recycle i guess heh.

But as for the event? I thought it was great.. it took about 1 hour for everyone to have it figured out and doing turnins successfully.. MOST of the gm events ive been a part of were more confusing than they were easy to understand, I thought this one worked well for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yippee38 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dont imagine anything would be fun on blue tho, too many people. On red it was greaaaat we had some huge PVP battles and were also able to find humanoids..

At one point I ran on foot from feerrrott, all the way to WC, to decide there were not as many humanoids available there, so I ran all the way back to feerrott and still was able to do about 20 turnins.. I even went to rathe mounts and ran through the place.. Funny enough though, i killed all the paladins at the camp and got nothing.. and how does it get more human than paladins, human npcs!

Would love to hear of a guise though.. actually no Id rather sleep easy knowing that I wasnt unlucky, but that none dropped [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by iruinedyourday; 08-02-2015 at 08:57 PM..
Old 08-02-2015, 09:10 PM
Sarnak

While idling in Greater Fay, someone posted they got a Guise of the Deceiver from a turn-in, but not sure how legitimate that was.
Closed Thread