Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2020, 09:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llandris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To merge or not to merge
Do it
Old 01-09-2020, 09:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llandris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To merge or not to merge
Y'all should've listened to me. Don't split, but if you do, make sure to remerge within 2 weeks.

But noooooooooo.
Old 01-09-2020, 10:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawqueue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Alternative perspective to consider: It's very rare on this project to have two equally viable guilds competing for raid mobs at one time. Even when there's competition, it's usually a scrappy upstart with a strong core, not a fully-capable second mega-guild that's just as geared and experienced as the top team. However, because of the Green/Teal split we are finally going to see that happen when the merge occurs. Two guilds, both geared out relatively uncontested in Classic, entrenched with loyal members who aren't going to so easily abandon ship, ready to duke it out in Kunark. We're setting up a far more interesting future now by letting Kingdom and Seal Team flourish early.
I can get behind this sentiment

Though I will say loyalty will only go so far if one the top teams is clearly winning and denying the other mega guild lots of pixels

When the servers do merge someone should host the first contested raid as a PPV event on Twitch
Old 01-09-2020, 10:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
To merge or not to merge
no
Old 01-09-2020, 10:38 PM
Banned

I prefer to have population
Old 01-09-2020, 10:40 PM
Planar Protector

Loyalty means nothing when bis pixels are on the line, just watch these losers go
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 01-09-2020, 11:43 PM
Sarnak

Guild loyalty will mean little when one side offers the other's clerics free gear to switch sides. Once one side has few support roles the rest of the guild will jump ship or push for a merge.
Old 01-10-2020, 12:03 AM
Sarnak

placing my loyalty bid at 2 manastones and 3 rubi bp pst
Old 01-10-2020, 07:22 AM
Planar Protector

Every time someone petitions over a raid mob or a camp start a new server until everyone has their own box.
Old 01-10-2020, 02:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
To merge or not to merge
Pls god no.

The only people who want a merge are green, because they don't know what it's like to have a server with a low asshole-ratio. I don't feel the server is underpopulated.