Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2020, 03:02 PM
Server GM

Petition boxers if you see them. It's a perma ban on Green with no discretion to lessen the sentence.
Old 07-23-2020, 03:14 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kief [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Probably because Jai is on Keeth and im on Loudog right now. And for someone who's stalked me for months and has come to the "consensus" of RMT - you clearly don't realize i've given 200k+ in gear out to friends and random players in the community.

You are just a jerk along with the retard Frost whatever that did Efreeti with Falwen and us. We've been box tested - the GM's do pay attention. You guys are just stupid.

Anyway, I don't use these forums unless some assholes are being hostile. Your attitude needs readjustment brother. It's a game.

Bless and love,
Kief.
I like this fella.
<Ad Nauseum>

Xwing @aliciousness 60 Hierophant
<Dial a Port>
Old 07-23-2020, 04:35 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by galach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Petition boxers if you see them. It's a perma ban on Green with no discretion to lessen the sentence.
aaaaaaah a few things about that statement. Not to call you out man, i came to post about something else on the TLP and the title caught my eye. I don't actually see anybody doing it.(banning them)

- At least 75% of the people in EC are botting merchants and porters and have been since day one of blue's launch.
- You can go this very second no matter when you read this and find somebody clearly botting at one of these spots- last floor of befallen, 3 way in UGuk, bonecracker tunnels in Najena. I wont even mention the higher end zones.

Since this whole thing got started its been enforced less and less. I understand the staff is voluntary, but lets be honest about the situation
Old 07-23-2020, 05:43 PM
Kobold

ODDYSEY FROM CALAMITOUS INTENT IS A BOXXER
Old 07-23-2020, 06:15 PM
Banned

Ban and strip them galach
Old 07-23-2020, 06:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Couple of thoughts:

- If you see boxers and don’t report them you are part of the problem

- I wouldn’t always assume that people who log on to buff are boxing. On both Blue and Green I’ve seen people ask a guildy or friend in discord if they’d be willing to hop on. The person logs on the character, buffs quickly, and then goes back to what they were doing. Not all buff situations are someone using a boxed toon to do it.

- For anyone questioning whether the staff enforce boxing because you think you see it happening I would say a couple of things. One, sometimes what looks like boxing isn’t; I’ve petitioned multiple people over the years who I was very sure were boxing only to have a staff member test them and have them be fine. Two, just because you see people boxing doesn’t mean the staff aren’t trying to enforce it; they’re volunteers with limited time doing what they can so unless they’re online to see it happening at that time there’s no a lot they can do. When I was CSR back on live we’d occasionally be asked to try and crack down on boxing under zone disruption theories whenever it was getting out of hand; you have to catch it live...you can have all the data you want showing IPs and computer IDs and other trends, but you have to catch them at it live which means there will always be some you miss.
I know what boxing looks like. The cases I'm talking about are ones where their movements and behaviors were highly indicative of boxing beyond a reasonable doubt.

Funny enough while people do have friends park their high lvls nearby and log in to buff, it can't be nearly as common as I encounter this situation in-game. Nevertheless it doesn't scream boxing to me til i watch their movements.
Old 07-23-2020, 06:52 PM
Kobold

A classic boxing scenario with the sweet banhammer coming down hard.
https://youtu.be/NfvADznhTQA
Old 07-23-2020, 07:15 PM
Planar Protector

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXTNqaxWjqY
Old 07-23-2020, 08:57 PM
Planar Protector

I find it hard to believe that all of those friendly clerics I've seen over the years just hanging around in newbie zones to dish out rezzes and buffs for hours aren't just good citizens of norrath.
Old 07-23-2020, 09:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimstrike [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A classic boxing scenario with the sweet banhammer coming down hard.
https://youtu.be/NfvADznhTQA
lol this owns hard
Closed Thread