Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2021, 12:10 PM
Banned

This is the most handicapped community I have ever known.

Disability is real tho. So is psychological disability (hehe let me show you, teach you, actually don't, because I don't have time for you).

But like disability is a slur. Disabled is a slur. Until you lose everything and all your mastery, skill and strength. Shut the fuck up though.

I don't wish disability on anyone. Not even the slightest social anxiety that keeps you locked in a min wage job scrubbing floors. Living in total isolation.

We live in a bountiful land of extremely decadent wealth and luxury. If you have to punch down at someone living in their recliner or stuck in bed 16 hrs a day. Fuck you. Get a hobby. Maybe a real job.
Old 04-21-2021, 12:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the most handicapped community I have ever known.

Disability is real tho. So is psychological disability (hehe let me show you, teach you, actually don't, because I don't have time for you).

But like disability is a slur. Disabled is a slur. Until you lose everything and all your mastery, skill and strength. Shut the fuck up though.

I don't wish disability on anyone. Not even the slightest social anxiety that keeps you locked in a min wage job scrubbing floors. Living in total isolation.

We live in a bountiful land of extremely decadent wealth and luxury. If you have to punch down at someone living in their recliner or stuck in bed 16 hrs a day. Fuck you. Get a hobby. Maybe a real job.
I really think this game attracts people who later in life were prone to addiction and/or other mental health issues.

Three of my childhood friends who loved EverQuest even more than I did committed suicide before their 30th birthdays. One of the girls I met on this game recently committed suicide... my longest lasting friendship... of over 20 years.

Gets so depressing sometimes, but when I first came back to P99... I had so many flashbacks from all of those people... like I remember things they said or did in certain zones... was a surreal experience.

Also noticed that there is a disproportionate number of transgender folks on P99.
Old 04-21-2021, 01:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really think this game attracts people who later in life were prone to addiction and/or other mental health issues.

Three of my childhood friends who loved EverQuest even more than I did committed suicide before their 30th birthdays. One of the girls I met on this game recently committed suicide... my longest lasting friendship... of over 20 years.

Gets so depressing sometimes, but when I first came back to P99... I had so many flashbacks from all of those people... like I remember things they said or did in certain zones... was a surreal experience.

Also noticed that there is a disproportionate number of transgender folks on P99.
This is the last stop before hale bop for most, lets at least skillfully acknowledge that without being assholes? I mean it's a real thing. And our civilization doesn't offer opportunities to people unless we have a certain set of traits/personality quirks.

Really sensitive, loving, innocent people. Well. I feel like they come here, and some put on a front of psychoraiderDKPchief, but they really just get hurt to easily IRL by the brutal nature of, y'know, nature. And humanity. Which is hardly nurturing without some real intention and effort.

I will tell u what, I'm afraid to talk about this game to my IRL aquaintances because I'm afraid of either getting them in here or outing myself as one of these people. This game is really good though, and there are worse fates. Addiction is the right word, but people can be addicted to running. I mean I got addicted to starvation. So... the door can swing many ways. Removing a coping mechanism that is less harmful, than say, opiates, or hard crack, or strapping a kevlar vest and AR15 on and going to a rally, is like not always a good idea. So I have to have a lot of respect for people who are here out of personal experience, because I've tried to kill myself several times (unreleated to forum drama or the game). So like. EQ is a good thing for me. Lets be honest there too, I probalby wouldn't be here without it or people telling me to be smart and strong and get a job. I love you all.
Old 04-21-2021, 04:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by karadin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A guild can be wildly successful with 10-20 people doing virtually all of the heavy lifting while the rest just respond to batphones to just tank/heal/dps. People with 10% raid attendance are incredibly valuable and can do that with a job/family. One just needs to temper expectations from getting full best in slot to the much cheaper 2nd/3rd best items.
Nobody is arguing about who should get what loot on this point. The point is anyone who thinks raiding won't affect their social/educational/work lives is deluding themselves. Anyone who has raided for any amount of time on this server has at some point and probably many points put something else more important on hold to do it.
Old 04-21-2021, 05:10 PM
Aviak

Woah jeeze this thread turned into some huge fucking bummer really quick.
Old 04-21-2021, 07:59 PM
Planar Protector

Are we having fun playing Everquest yet?