Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 02-08-2022, 04:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What does one do if they can't get groups? Like if they play a wizard, or just don't have much in the way of connections at all?
I had a druid main on live early 2000's and one of the best things I learned was just to be the one who forms the group.

And as a teleportation class, you have a built in advantage of being able to offer a lift to anyone you are trying to pull from your /who all's. I'll try to explain the best way I can, because I think I've seen you express this problem on another thread.

How to get a group as a Teleporter. DIY method.
==================================

Lets say you're low 40's and you go into solb and you ooc "camp check" and there's no one doing Champion/Priest. If I remember correctly, it's a good camp for 40-48 range.

Ideally you want a cleric, a tank, a cc, and 3 dps. So you slot yourself into one of the DPS slots and try to recruit the most important class first- a cleric.

/who all cleric 40 48

Do not add "lfg" to your search, you don't need to: Look at what zone they are in instead. Are they in guk or another exp zone? Probably already grouped. Have a LFG tag? Perfect, ask them first. Otherwise, just look for who isn't in an exp zone and shoot them a tell. Shoot every single one a tell without waiting for a response, starting with the person who looks the most promising level.

/tell cleric "Hey! Interested in a solb Priest/Champ group? I can give you a lift." . If someone says Yes, then just tell anyone else who replies "sorry, already found someone =(" or "Just found someone, Sorry. Ty for replying though =("

Once you have the cleric, just repeat, but mention that you have a cleric.

/who all war 40 48
/who all pal 40 48
/who all shad 40 48

Look at the zones, send tells to everyone who seems promising, but /tell Tank "Hey! Interested in forming up a solb Priest/Champ group? Got a cleric already, and I can give you a lift." or "/tell Tank "interested in a priest/champ group? Got a cleric, and can port"

Again, you are sending a tell to everyone who might be interested (is not in an exp zone already) in a rocket-fire fashion. Not waiting for a reply before sending the next one. If you can't find a traditional tank, a monk on the higher end of the level-span is great too.

Once you have the cleric/tank..

/who all enchanter 40 48
/who all bard 40 48

/tell Crowdcontrol "Hey! Forming up a Priest/Champ group in solb. Have cleric, warrior and evac/dps so far, filling other spots. Interested? I can pick you up."

/who all monk 40 48
/who all rogue 40 48
/who all shaman 40 48
etc, etc

/tell DPS "Hey! Forming up a Priest/Champ group in solb. Have cleric, tank, enc, evac/dps so far.. looking for another dps. Want to join us? I can pick you up"

Now you have your group, and you are in it, because you formed it. It formed quickly, because you advertised what classes you already had as you sent tells and people felt safer saying 'yes'. As people leave and get replaced from your group, if they did a good job - shoot them a tell saying so and asking if you may add them to your friends list. Most of the time, they'll say "Sure!" or "Thank you! added you too".

==================================

Thank you for coming to my how-to-get-groups-as-a-teleporter Ted talk.
Last edited by Aeaolena; 02-08-2022 at 04:35 PM..
Old 02-08-2022, 04:44 PM
Sarnak

Oh!

And don't forget your worth as an evac class. Everyone's biggest fear while leveling is that the group won't be good, and they'll spend half their available time doing a long CR. In certain zones like Sebilis CR's are a pain in the neck. You provide the group a "get out of jail free" card - so make sure you mention that if you try OOC'ing that you're LFG first.

/ooc 57 Wiz (Evac/DPS) LFG

Good luck !
Old 02-08-2022, 07:15 PM
Banned

intro to how to make elf pals 101
Old 02-08-2022, 09:44 PM
Banned

I dont port people because it takes too long and the tips are horrible

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-24-2022, 02:58 AM
Aviak

1. Don't start as an Enchanter.
2. Don't get frustrated with your day 1 enchanter and try to swap to a Troll Shadowknight because OH BOY you forgot about class and race XP penalties.
Old 02-24-2022, 08:09 AM
Skeleton

Use GINA,
a great timer utility. It can time spell durations, mob spawns and just about anything else. It takes a little bit of time to configure but it's worth it.

Use ZlizEQMap
a great map program.

Both of these programs use the log files so they are allowed on P1999.
Old 02-24-2022, 03:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRusty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. Don't start as an Enchanter.
2. Don't get frustrated with your day 1 enchanter and try to swap to a Troll Shadowknight because OH BOY you forgot about class and race XP penalties.
Why not chanter though?

Welcome in all groups.
Can solo, can solo VERY well post 30ish.
Can farm cash camps and it's not too stressful either in Classic.
Need no gear

Sure, you lack goblin ring but eh.
Old 02-25-2022, 10:57 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why not chanter though?

Welcome in all groups.
Can solo, can solo VERY well post 30ish.
Can farm cash camps and it's not too stressful either in Classic.
Need no gear

Sure, you lack goblin ring but eh.
No Breeze and no clarity = no fun time for chanter.
Old 02-25-2022, 11:01 AM
Aviak

The biggest thing that I learned about Green is that you really should just roll a Necro or Mage when you start. Once that toon is 50, you then start your real toon.
Old 02-25-2022, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delekhan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The biggest thing that I learned about Green is that you really should just roll a Necro or Mage when you start. Once that toon is 50, you then start your real toon.
Haha yea, level 39 mages complaining about how broken the pet spell system was and how they could barely kill blues (and in fairness pet research was broken in early classic) ... meanwhile I’m on my level 12 melee with a combine longsword getting killed by greens with three times the /played like “you guys can solo xp?!”

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung