Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 03-06-2022, 05:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Solo, because this game isn't like the others that play like a piano. While other games reward you for pressing buttons real fast, the best players on p99 are pressing as few as possible.
I'm going to gather up gems like this one day and publish a "Philosophers of EverQuest" collection.

-Mcoy
Old 03-06-2022, 08:40 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by long.liam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a Massively Mulitplayer Online Role Playing. Why would spend a significant amount of time playing Muliplayer game all by yourself. If you want to play by yourself, why not just play a Single Player game? Like Skyrim, or Morrowind, or really any single player modern, or old game that will have a much better Single Player experience than a Mulitplayer game.
They do everyone thing solo, outside of eq, so its just easier for them.
Old 03-06-2022, 09:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Solo, because this game isn't like the others that play like a piano. While other games reward you for pressing buttons real fast, the best players on p99 are pressing as few as possible.
Yeah WoW got really bad during TBC/WotLk when they just kept adding new shit to classes. Especially if you wanted to be responsive at pvp, you needed not only everything hotkeyed, but also macros made as well

The worst ever was I had ~50 hotkeys. All the letters around wasd, all the letters up to 2 spots away from those (distance proportional to frequency of that hotkey use), then shift + all those then control + all those again. And I had to be fluid on it

EQ it’s so easy to have everything bound
Old 03-07-2022, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I'm not really sure what to make of that. Am I the best mage on the server because I use an assist and petattack 1 button maco ?

The game already sits at like 7 apm so like , what are these good players doing to go from 7 to 4
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 03-07-2022, 05:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not really sure what to make of that. Am I the best mage on the server because I use an assist and petattack 1 button maco ?

The game already sits at like 7 apm so like , what are these good players doing to go from 7 to 4
Best mage has their coth button set to F3. Target and summon a non anchor group member in a button press.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 03-07-2022, 07:01 PM
Kobold

/LFG on

because life is boring without other people

even though sometimes other people suck
Old 03-08-2022, 11:08 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercalif [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The biggest difference is that many of us have families, kids, jobs and other responsibilities that prevent long gaming sessions that are required to find a good group to play with. Sometimes it’s just easier to solo for less than an hour or two.
Yep - doesn't mean that person doesn't enjoy 6 hour grouping sessions when they can, just means that in order to not fall behind with the friends they have made during those rare sessions - they have to take advantage of smaller windows of time to keep ground or catch up.

Also raids are a multiplayer experience, which require levels. Sometimes people want to get max level as soon as possible for that, so solo'ing is a means to an end that fits into their life.
Old 03-08-2022, 11:18 AM
Aviak

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeaolena [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep - doesn't mean that person doesn't enjoy 6 hour grouping sessions when they can, just means that in order to not fall behind with the friends they have made during those rare sessions - they have to take advantage of smaller windows of time to keep ground or catch up.

Also raids are a multiplayer experience, which require levels. Sometimes people want to get max level as soon as possible for that, so solo'ing is a means to an end that fits into their life.
Yes[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.], and good to see you again Aeaolena
Old 03-08-2022, 01:38 PM
Banned

the whole point of eq is to level to 60 as quick as possible and team up with 80 people

to kill dragons

kek
Old 03-08-2022, 02:11 PM
Kobold

I have RL responsibilities so I rarely can sit and play for an hour without having to afk. This doesn't lend itself to grouping.