Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 09-30-2022, 05:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm alive, around, and well =) But thanks for your concern. I just don't play very often - not as fun as it used to be.

The jealousy and negative hopium... delicious.
Do you think that's because you've just played it too long, or you have so much plat that nothing is ever really out of reach and it feels pointless to play the game because you have nothing to look forward to?
Old 09-30-2022, 08:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kich867 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you think that's because you've just played it too long, or you have so much plat that nothing is ever really out of reach and it feels pointless to play the game because you have nothing to look forward to?
Video games tend to get boring when you cheat at them to gain enormous power and/or wealth
Old 10-01-2022, 10:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kich867 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's 2 of the reasons.

Loot is Trivial
You can buy the ultimate twink loadout for any toon for under 1 mil plat. Anything that gives a meaningful upgrade is buyable, even epics. You can spend 40 hours-week to get marginal super high-end upgrades, but raid scene is pretty boring after going through it once for nostalgia. Not worth it. People that spent 40-hours/week for a few years to get "warder loot" are laughable. The very same people I need to reach with my meme persona, but also some of the lowest IQ people who don't get the meme or the lesson therein (see quote below)

Progression is Meaningless
It's all been done before. Just zerg guilds and elven lawyers bantering over who gets to insta-pwn the rooted dragon.

Challenge is Absent
The game itself is not challenging. I had to create some for myself. This is not the sandbox we played when we were younger. It's a dead, boring museum of what once was.

Quote:
1 The words of the Preacher, the son of David, king in Jerusalem.

2 Vanity of vanities, says the Preacher,
vanity of vanities! All is vanity.
3 What does man gain by all the toil
at which he toils under the sun?
4 A generation goes, and a generation comes,
but the earth remains forever.
5 The sun rises, and the sun goes down,
and hastens to the place where it rises.
6 The wind blows to the south
and goes around to the north;
around and around goes the wind,
and on its circuits the wind returns.
7 All streams run to the sea,
but the sea is not full;
to the place where the streams flow,
there they flow again.
8 All things are full of weariness;
a man cannot utter it;
the eye is not satisfied with seeing,
nor the ear filled with hearing.
9 What has been is what will be,
and what has been done is what will be done,
and there is nothing new under the sun.
10 Is there a thing of which it is said,
“See, this is new”?
It has been already
in the ages before us.
11 There is no remembrance of former things,
nor will there be any remembrance
of later things yet to be
among those who come after.
Last edited by Castle2.0; 10-01-2022 at 11:10 AM..
Old 10-01-2022, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Video games tend to get boring when you cheat at them to gain enormous power and/or wealth
Castle the scripter
Old 10-01-2022, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Castle the scripter
Seedy, I am shocked hearing this coming from you. You have always been a big fan over the years: never jealous, always supportive. Tsk tsk. I guess my awesomeness finally got you in the worst way.
Old 10-01-2022, 07:42 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's 2 of the reasons.

Loot is Trivial
You can buy the ultimate twink loadout for any toon for under 1 mil plat. Anything that gives a meaningful upgrade is buyable, even epics. You can spend 40 hours-week to get marginal super high-end upgrades, but raid scene is pretty boring after going through it once for nostalgia. Not worth it. People that spent 40-hours/week for a few years to get "warder loot" are laughable. The very same people I need to reach with my meme persona, but also some of the lowest IQ people who don't get the meme or the lesson therein (see quote below)

Progression is Meaningless
It's all been done before. Just zerg guilds and elven lawyers bantering over who gets to insta-pwn the rooted dragon.

Challenge is Absent
The game itself is not challenging. I had to create some for myself. This is not the sandbox we played when we were younger. It's a dead, boring museum of what once was.
easy challenge just give me a manastone. best challenge in the game
Old 10-07-2022, 07:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They were awesome for leveling clerics when the hole still had people in it.
Why doesn't The Hole have people in it? The exp mod there is by far the best for a high level zone with many things to hunt.
Old 10-08-2022, 12:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why doesn't The Hole have people in it? The exp mod there is by far the best for a high level zone with many things to hunt.
ZEMs were adjusted a few months back. A lot of other places are higher ZEM than before (still less than the Hole), but access is much easier.
Old 10-09-2022, 04:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ZEMs were adjusted a few months back. A lot of other places are higher ZEM than before (still less than the Hole), but access is much easier.
I know the ZEM's were adjusted, but it was only small increases/decreases. The Hole still has a far better exp mod than other dungeons and access shouldn't be a problem? It's very close to Wizard port-in (Druid port-in isn't too much further either). People trying to level to 60 should definitely be congregating around this zone.
Old 10-09-2022, 05:43 PM
Sarnak

To be honest, I think if you really plan to quit and/or not play -- then my suggestion would be to go through your logs back when you had your Lightstone/Scroll project, and shower the folks who helped you just for the sake of being good bros. The folks that helped you rez and re-corpse just to be nice.

If that doesn't sound appealing, there's always blowing it on Elvish Hookers and Clarity.