Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 10-27-2022, 08:37 AM
Planar Protector

Sounds like you should roll a necro.
Old 10-27-2022, 09:22 AM
Fire Giant

You are not enjoying it because this game is designed to be group focused. Everybody supports other classes somehow. But you already knew that. Yearly or bi-yearly server reset could help enforce this concept.
Old 10-27-2022, 09:46 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Thanks for all the replies.

I'm just going to accept I need to pick different names for my characters so I can have multiple classes. Does anyone know if you can have the same surname on different classes? Are they unique, or per account unique etc?

I might recreate my druid from old live and role play as a helper again, rather than limit myself to the same arcane caster I've been playing recently in other games.
Old 10-27-2022, 09:52 AM
Planar Protector

If u don't delete and just bounce from character to character eventually u will get one to a decent lvl and accrue some pixels too. Doesn't hurt to have 3 wizards if u can't decide what race u want either. Or just enjoy the challenge of a fresh toon.

Yes u can use the same surname across characters.

U can literally play a druid like a wizard spec evoke even and still be good at off healing or animal charming. U have literally like a 2% difference in mana efficiency between druid and wizard nukes. Literally like 15% diff in burst dps at 60. And about the same sustainable dps. Or better with dots-charm. Don't let ppl stop u from playing how u want that is the beauty of eq.
Last edited by magnetaress; 10-27-2022 at 09:56 AM..
Old 10-27-2022, 10:33 AM
Orc

I main a wizard and my experience has been that most folks want an efficient, fast paced group. Personally, it's difficult to keep up with sustained DPS from rogues, monks, etc, when they can keep outputting damage and I eventually have to med.

I knew this going in however having played one back in the 99 time frame. If you're ok with these expectations going in, you won't set yourself up for disappointment. That's my 2c. I enjoy the concept of an all powerful damage dealing caster.
Old 10-27-2022, 11:45 AM
Sarnak

Sounds like your suffering from ocpd
Old 10-27-2022, 11:53 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philistine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree with the comments that most classes don't start feeling unique until their 20sish and don't have the majority of their skills/critical spells until their 30s.

I feel like most of them are about identical 1-10.

I'd consider looking at what each does at 60 and deciding which looks most fun to you, then trying to get one into its 20s or so before really deciding.

Honestly I kind of hate most of the classes below 20 - such a slog!

As others have mentioned, sham seems like it may be a good fit.
Very true. The ranger felt so meh until lvl 22 spells where it finally started to feel like a hybrid class. Then came sow with the lvl 30 spells and suddenly felt like a fun and viable class.
Old 10-27-2022, 12:01 PM
Sarnak

I ended up getting to level 35 in every single class before I found one I wanted to take to 60. When I first played EQ on live, I think I did the same thing from lvl 1-12 over and over again until I had thousands of plat saved up.

I did a DE warrior in full crafted and 2x ykesha and literally could carry like 20 pounds of loot I was so close to encumbered. This was right after kunark so Yaks were 900p.

Definitely do not delete your cha, or strip them of gear. Just take a break, and get back to it later.

Surname can be the same no issues. You could even have the first name be related to the class, then the surname be your "perm name"

I found that if I stripped a char, geared a new char, I would quickly get bored, having nothing to do but level. If you start from scratch and keep your gear separate, its a better experience.

I really enjoyed my ranger self gearing, hunting down lesser known mobs for crappy weapons.

The best part, as others have said, about EQ,

1. playing with other people
2. character upgrades *only with levels*
3. gear upgrades (avoid gearing IMO as it really ruins the fun of upgrades)
Old 10-27-2022, 12:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by l0053g0053 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I found that if I stripped a char, geared a new char, I would quickly get bored, having nothing to do but level. If you start from scratch and keep your gear separate, its a better experience.

I really enjoyed my ranger self gearing, hunting down lesser known mobs for crappy weapons.
Seconded

Brad bless!
Old 10-27-2022, 01:05 PM
Banned

bro hasnt even got to the part of the classes where leveling is fun

he has just been auto attacking and casting burst of flame then switches to the next

class

you can't make this shit up lol