Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

View Poll Results: Would you quit your job to play EQ full time?
Absolutely not 67 28.88%
I am already considering it 36 15.52%
Currently a full time EQ player 47 20.26%
Bush/Towers 82 35.34%
Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 11:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I get that. But it seems like a huge waste to work hard to retire just so you can sit around and do nothing. What happened to that urge to work hard that led you to retirement? Don't you ever think "man, as a member of society and the human race, I should try to help others with my free time. I should give back to the community in some way."? Or is the top priority every day a video game?
better than top priority voting republican.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I get that. But it seems like a huge waste to work hard to retire just so you can sit around and do nothing. What happened to that urge to work hard that led you to retirement? Don't you ever think "man, as a member of society and the human race, I should try to help others with my free time. I should give back to the community in some way."? Or is the top priority every day a video game?
No offense but fuck everyone else. I'm in it for me. Only things i can do for my children is pass on the knowledge i've learned over the years. Then its up to them to deal with fucked up society we live in. I hold the door for people, i help people carry shit up their steps. I put in air conditioners for my old neighbors but you are not going to see me out building a house for Habitat for Humanity or anything.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:54 PM
Banned

lawled at
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I put in air conditioners for my old neighbors
Old 05-22-2015, 12:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathWalking [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol
Old 05-22-2015, 01:23 AM
Banned

Agreed Thulack.
Old 05-22-2015, 04:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No offense but fuck everyone else. ]
This.

On a serious note, if you arent selfish youre going nowhere in this world. If thats cool with you, so be it. If you are ambitious, then you must be selfish for the most part; gotta look out for number one.

I at one point dropped out of high school to pwn EQ all day. Shit was legit... for like a year. Then i realized how awesome drugs and women were...for like 3 years. Then i realized that instant gratification(EQ, drugs, women, motorcycles, cars, whatever) is only cool for so long. You have to build something. I then pwnd life; ie went to one of the toughest military academies in the country and got a respectable GPA in Physics. I now travel the world working and loving life, but none the less building something as well. Your life should be more than a series of moments of rapture; it should amount to something. Create your legacy.

At least thats what i think, and i work very hard on that almost every day. Having said that, you have to enjoy life too; just in moderation. I play EQ more than a filthy casual, i enjoy reading the forums, i ride motorcycles every day, i get laid a lot(yea, im a mac), and i party with my friends when i can. All in moderation, and never as an end goal.

All that shits cool, but when you get really high and look at yourself in the mirror, and really think about who you are, are you satisfied with how you've lived your life so far, and more importantly, where your going in life?

/Pointless rant off
Old 05-22-2015, 05:39 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Altho, if it is blackness for eternity Ill feel less guilty for wasting my life playing EQ and not jumping out of airplanes.
since we don't know, it's smarter to not take risk and jump out of airplanes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-22-2015, 05:39 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archalen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This thread has received Archalen's LOL seal of approval.
agree with that seal btw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-22-2015, 07:35 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookieson [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This.

On a serious note, if you arent selfish youre going nowhere in this world. If thats cool with you, so be it. If you are ambitious, then you must be selfish for the most part; gotta look out for number one.

I at one point dropped out of high school to pwn EQ all day. Shit was legit... for like a year. Then i realized how awesome drugs and women were...for like 3 years. Then i realized that instant gratification(EQ, drugs, women, motorcycles, cars, whatever) is only cool for so long. You have to build something. I then pwnd life; ie went to one of the toughest military academies in the country and got a respectable GPA in Physics. I now travel the world working and loving life, but none the less building something as well. Your life should be more than a series of moments of rapture; it should amount to something. Create your legacy.

At least thats what i think, and i work very hard on that almost every day. Having said that, you have to enjoy life too; just in moderation. I play EQ more than a filthy casual, i enjoy reading the forums, i ride motorcycles every day, i get laid a lot(yea, im a mac), and i party with my friends when i can. All in moderation, and never as an end goal.

All that shits cool, but when you get really high and look at yourself in the mirror, and really think about who you are, are you satisfied with how you've lived your life so far, and more importantly, where your going in life?

/Pointless rant off

Whose the original author of this fantasy story?
High school drop out to mysterious military academy with a degree in "Physics" without a high school diploma. Who then uses his "Physics" degree to travel the world having lots of sex and riding motorcycles. r u my African prince too?
Old 05-22-2015, 08:12 AM
Banned

^^chortled heartily but you'd be surprised how many of us are playboy millionares that happen to enjoy classic EQ in addition to being awesome IRL
Closed Thread