Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-16-2022, 12:01 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabcor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Lastly (and probably most easily) you can just get it precompiled, here's mine, I compiled it on manjaro (the .txt extension was necessary to be able to upload the file, just download it, remove .txt, make it executable (chmod +x) and run it if you want to use it):
I actually was in the correct directory, I was just lazy and copied and pasted this error from someone else who had the same issue as me.

Thank you for posting the precompiled script, I'm going to try that next. I've seen it suggested to install build essential libraries for arch linux, but that also threw back the same error w/ the .h file.

Fingers crossed!
Old 09-16-2022, 12:11 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Installing base-devel still results in the same error on makefile. I tried using your and my own precompiled file and that throws an error on GLIBC_2.34 not found. For now, tethering to my phone works on steamdeck, but I'd like to get this compiled for arch linux (steam os).
Have you tried any combination of VPNs? Hardware/software?
Old 09-16-2022, 12:12 PM
Planar Protector

I thought I would have to use this, but I just tried p99 anyway and my server select is populating fine on the deck on both my fios and my 4g hotspot. I'm visiting some family this weekend so I'll try from their connection but so far it doesn't seem necessary.

-Mcoy
Old 10-27-2022, 09:39 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I installed Project 99 in kubuntu 22.10 and used the p99-login-middlemand. The servers now show up and I made sure to use the latest Spell files. But I'm getting the spells file is out of date error. I have no issues on windows but sadly NZXT put a bad update and now my CPU cooler pump doesn't work under windows. So I resorted to using linux, can anyone provide any feedback?
Old 10-28-2022, 07:37 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8bitbang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I installed Project 99 in kubuntu 22.10 and used the p99-login-middlemand. The servers now show up and I made sure to use the latest Spell files. But I'm getting the spells file is out of date error. I have no issues on windows but sadly NZXT put a bad update and now my CPU cooler pump doesn't work under windows. So I resorted to using linux, can anyone provide any feedback?
Figured it out, delete my post
Old 11-07-2022, 02:15 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Post No compilation fix for empty server list

Here's a repo with a python script that replicates Zaela's fix. No build tool chain required so it can run on the Steam Deck with minimal effort. Also has some beginner friendly instructions to setup Project 1999 on Steam Deck Gaming mode.

https://github.com/rtrajano/p99_login_helper
Old 12-02-2022, 03:42 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanopino [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here's a repo with a python script that replicates Zaela's fix. No build tool chain required so it can run on the Steam Deck with minimal effort. Also has some beginner friendly instructions to setup Project 1999 on Steam Deck Gaming mode.

https://github.com/rtrajano/p99_login_helper wordle
Thanks a lot for this support, I already know and already have my own strategy.
Old 12-06-2022, 11:43 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanopino [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

https://github.com/rtrajano/p99_login_helper
Thanks for this. Any idea why I cant connect to login server after changing the eqhost? Pretty sure I followed instructions exactly. Prior to eqhost change I was able to login with no servers listed.

Only thing I did differently is install it to an SD card instead of home directly. Not sure why that would matter.
Last edited by Muchew; 12-06-2022 at 11:53 AM..
Old 12-21-2022, 02:58 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muchew [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for this. Any idea why I cant connect to login server after changing the eqhost? Pretty sure I followed instructions exactly. Prior to eqhost change I was able to login with no servers listed.

Only thing I did differently is install it to an SD card instead of home directly. Not sure why that would matter.
In desktop mode, try running the script in a separate terminal. Navigate to where the script lives and type ./login_helper.py

Leave it running and start EQ with the eqhost.txt pointed at localhost:5998

The Launch Options might be hiding the error or if you followed the instructions exactly, you will have only 1 minute to login before the script kills itself. Modify the Launch Options to be 5m or more instead of the 1m that was suggested.
Old 12-21-2022, 11:32 AM
Kobold

Quote:
In desktop mode, try running the script in a separate terminal. Navigate to where the script lives and type ./login_helper.py

Leave it running and start EQ with the eqhost.txt pointed at localhost:5998

The Launch Options might be hiding the error or if you followed the instructions exactly, you will have only 1 minute to login before the script kills itself. Modify the Launch Options to be 5m or more instead of the 1m that was suggested.
Appreciate it. Was able to fix it, but then I accidentally tried to log into a different server. Now I can't connect to the login server for some reason lol. Not clicking the "quick connect" button.
Last edited by Muchew; 12-21-2022 at 11:41 AM.. Reason: nm: got it!