Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 06:27 PM
Fire Giant

Default Is there a %t for pets?

I feel like I have seen someone else do this before in a hotkey, unless they just changed the name of their pet in the hotkey every time the summoned... but is there a shorthand way to just name your pet? For example if I wanted to say

"Jobober is attacking %t."

A way to where I don't have to change the pet's name every time, but rather it would just fill it in the way %t does for whatever you have targeted. %pet and %p do not work.

Thanks
Old 01-21-2011, 07:26 PM
Large Rat

Solution: Don't make such retarded and unnecessary hotkeys. You make hotkeys to communicate quickly. Telling your group members which mob you're attacking by spamming group chat is a total noob move and its redundant. You shouldn't have to tell your group you're attacking so and so mob with your pet, it should be done automatically.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnavox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Solution: Don't make such retarded and unnecessary hotkeys. You make hotkeys to communicate quickly. Telling your group members which mob you're attacking by spamming group chat is a total noob move and its redundant. You shouldn't have to tell your group you're attacking so and so mob with your pet, it should be done automatically.
Yeah, you shouldn't have to tell your group that you're healing them either, or during raids you shouldn't have to have a message when you're doing a CH chain either. Good logic.

Seriously, every time I see a fucking thread like this OH MYGOD THEY HAD 14 PEOPLE ITS OUR MOB LOL OURS OURS OURS YESSS I just want to fucking deathtouch the entire guild and despawn the mob.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnavox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
come at me bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Hahaha, that is awesome. Right up there with...that one guy's....boat service before the boats worked.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:25 PM
Fire Giant

It's %m obv ~ <3

At least I think it is. If you have the mob on target then your key macro would be something like this: /g %m is attacking %t!
Last edited by Zereh; 01-21-2011 at 08:38 PM..
Old 01-21-2011, 09:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorgetrapper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, you shouldn't have to tell your group that you're healing them either, or during raids you shouldn't have to have a message when you're doing a CH chain either. Good logic.
Once again you show you have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to EverQuest.

The benefit of announcing heals is so that others don't overheal, and thus waste their mana.

The benefit of announcing within a CH chain is to communicate your timing to the next cleric in the chain.

The benefit of announcing what mob your pet is attacking is.... there is no benefit.

lol wut
Old 01-21-2011, 09:09 PM
Fire Giant

You have failed at detecting sarcasm!
Old 01-21-2011, 09:10 PM
Planar Protector

Uhh... I detected his sarcasm, and disagreed with the point he was trying to make. Same back at ya?

lol wut
Old 01-21-2011, 09:20 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorgetrapper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hence the word redundant and "quick communication." you have to communicate healing to avoid multiple clerics healing and wasting mana, derp derp noob. Hotkeying "/g Xober attacking %t" doesn't have any benefits.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:22 PM
Large Rat

have you ever thought why there isn't a %t command for pets? because the creators realized that ever having to say your pets name would be totally fkn worthless.
Closed Thread