Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 11:16 PM
Planar Protector

Thanks. I'm packing to move tomorrow and I'm bored. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorgetrapper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You gain experience.
You gain experience.
You gain experience.
You gain experience.
You gain experience.
You gain experience.
You gain experience.
You gain experience.
You gain experience.
You gain experience.
You gain experience.
You gain experience.
You gain experience.
Boy I do love that too.

lol wut
Old 01-21-2011, 11:20 PM
Kobold

Knowing which mob a pet is attacking can be useful when crowd controlling. However, the mobs need to have different names, and the pet has to not switch targets(it will if its being attacked by 2 mobs).

Is there anyway to use assist on a character but assist their pet instead of the owner? When I play with an enchanter, the animation pet attacks who it wants to so you have to let the animation pick the targets to kill. I end up assisting the pet a lot. I could make a macro /assist joboboer or whatever but sometimes you resummon the pet and I don't want to change the macro too frequently.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:25 PM
Planar Protector

You have to make an /assist <petname> macro and change the pet's name each time. OR double F-button and then hit a normal /assist hotkey. For example, if a mage is the second member of a group hit F3 and then F3 to target the mage's pet, and then /assist.

All pet classes however should just have one simple hotkey:
/pet back off
/assist {MA}
/pet attack

And spam that. Obviously this doesn't work for an enchanter using the generic animation pets, unfortunately.

lol wut
Old 01-21-2011, 11:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks. I'm packing to move tomorrow and I'm bored. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Boy I do love that too.
lolol

I'll award you several internet points for succesfuly getting a bite and having the courtesy to leave the trolling at that instead of drawing it out [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-22-2011, 03:06 AM
Fire Giant

Like said above, it's useful in crowd controlling, or in a group full of mages with multiple mobs to kill, it's nice to know which pet is on what. And I didn't say I would put it on my pet attack key or anything so I don't see where you got "spam" from. stfu please

and ty uuur for the white-knighting <3
Old 01-22-2011, 06:46 AM
Orc

I find it amazing that people can get so worked up over such a mundane thing as a chat macro. If someone in my group were to call out what target their pet is engaged with, so be it, it might even be useful if you're out pulling that you know your group is occupied with a mob
Old 01-22-2011, 08:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Once again you show you have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to EverQuest.

The benefit of announcing heals is so that others don't overheal, and thus waste their mana.

The benefit of announcing within a CH chain is to communicate your timing to the next cleric in the chain.

The benefit of announcing what mob your pet is attacking is.... there is no benefit.

I expect more knowledge and expierence out of you Mardur. I am fairly dissapointed.

This is very useful. Everyone knows who to blame when the pet breaks the mez. Let alone its the same thing as /assisting on %T , accept your doing it a pet. Often times the caster can get confused and or pet depending on the zone. Kedge etc for example. Therefore It lets you know what the caster has his pets on. Lets say the pet is offtanking something and the pull was say 5 mobs? Well bard is trying to mez them one at a time. This lets the bard know which one not to mez possibly if the names are different or he can visibily see the pet attacking. There by allowing him to mez the remaining of the mobs and for the caster to reassist with the /pet now attacking %T , bard can now mez. Since bard mez is on a pulse. Nuthing is worse then mezzing a mob to find a pet was on it and you missed that pulse now I have to wait 6 seconds to mez a damn mob again , meanwhile bard gets beat on for however much damage. Therefore this can be useful is utilize properly.
Do I think its necessary? No , but it can have its uses like all things.

As well guilds that know strat. Know that mage pets are great offtanks if you have a decent number of them you can take a buntch of mobs down. If you don't know whose pet is who and your suppose to pull your pet off after one of the 3 or 7 mobs is snared. The enchanter mind find it better to communicate which pet is on which mob etc. Everyone who knows strat knows that Water , Earth , Fire, Air pets combined differently can be a very lethal force. Especially when pet Oting/swarm kite. Theres plenty of instances you could apply this macro too. Whether or not it fits the groups / raids role at the time is determined by its player and or leader.
Last edited by Pycoba_rng; 01-22-2011 at 08:35 AM..
Old 01-22-2011, 08:35 AM
Planar Protector

As a raid forager, I find it useful to have a hotkey such as:

Yendor tells the guild, 'FORAGING FOR >>> rabbit meat <<< PLEASE KEEP MOBS OFF ME!'

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Closed Thread