Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 03-30-2022, 09:13 AM
Kobold

Default First character question...

So, my buddy and I want start playing again, we usually team up and do our own thing.

He plays a Warrior and I play a Druid. The team-up usually works out well.

This time around, my GF wants to try playing the game with us. She’s not sure what her first character should be.

What would work best with a Druid and a Warrior? An Enchanter? Or perhaps a Bard?
Old 03-30-2022, 09:32 AM
Sarnak

Default enchanter

Enchanter is the most powerful class in this era, period. Adding one would exponentially increase your power ceiling.
Old 03-30-2022, 09:42 AM
Planar Protector

Bard could work if she wants to deal with twisting songs. Shaman could work because you’ll need the extra healing when you get to higher level and the slow/haste will be highly beneficial. In the same vain about needing healing when you get to higher levels, a cleric could be good if she wants a more chill class just to heal stuff.
Old 03-30-2022, 10:30 AM
Planar Protector

I'd say Bard or Enchanter.

Probably Enchanter because of the slows and pet dps.

Bard can do similar things, but are less effective and do less dps than an enchanter pet. Also, there's a ceiling in terms of which mobs a bard can charm due to level and it's also kind of a pain to keep them charmed as well. The charm songs only last for 10-15 seconds.

Having said that, if it were me, I'd want to play bard but that's only because it's my favorite class by far.
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 03-30-2022, 10:58 AM
Planar Protector

Asking a GF to hop right in and play an enchanter with zero experience isn't going to end well unless shes already a proven gamer.

Stick her on a cleric. You play the enchanter. Catch up to your friends warrior. Now you have the god tier trio.

She can do her thing...doesn't have to be 100% focused. Just heal the war, you, your pet, etc...throw some roots around when needed and buff.

When she inevitably quits shortly after realizing how stupid EQ is at least you'll have a cleric bot around for rezzes. Make sure you've got 1 char per account.
Last edited by Toxigen; 03-30-2022 at 11:01 AM..
Old 03-30-2022, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Asking a GF to hop right in and play an enchanter with zero experience isn't going to end well unless shes already a proven gamer.

Stick her on a cleric. You play the enchanter. Catch up to your friends warrior. Now you have the god tier trio.

She can do her thing...doesn't have to be 100% focused. Just heal the war, you, your pet, etc...throw some roots around when needed and buff.

When she inevitably quits shortly after realizing how stupid EQ is at least you'll have a cleric bot around for rezzes. Make sure you've got 1 char per account.
Is good pt
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 03-30-2022, 12:00 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Your reply really has me thinking...

On one hand, leveling up my enchanter would be fun, but would it be worth giving up SoW and Druid teleports.

On the other hand, my GF is an experienced gamer, but she mostly plays fps games like Borderlands. Would that gaming skill-set translate well to EQ?
Old 03-30-2022, 12:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dural_Levant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your reply really has me thinking...

On one hand, leveling up my enchanter would be fun, but would it be worth giving up SoW and Druid teleports.

On the other hand, my GF is an experienced gamer, but she mostly plays fps games like Borderlands. Would that gaming skill-set translate well to EQ?
No, not at all. FPS skills do not transfer to EQ in any way that I can think of.

I take that back, maybe her reaction time would be better than some who weren't FPS players. Other than that I doubt her experience would compare to Counter-Strike or Borderlands etc.
Old 03-30-2022, 12:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dural_Levant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes.

Put her on an enchanter.

Source: Am girl who plays an enchanter in a raiding guild, among other types of games.
Last edited by Aeaolena; 03-30-2022 at 12:42 PM..
Old 03-30-2022, 12:44 PM
Sarnak

Remember: All that really matters is if she will have fun.

If she's used to the fast-pace of a FPS, the enchanter won't bore her to death.

If she's not bored, she'll be more likely to play. If she's more likely to play, playing EQ will become a bonding activity. One bonding activity leads to other bonding activities, if ya know what I mean. Plus who wouldn't want to charm a fae drake hatchling as their pet? This is the easiest decision in the world, my dude. Good luck to you!