Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 10-14-2022, 11:22 AM
Planar Protector

characters would only live 1 year and all their items would decay after 1 year, would be 1 extra database entry for each table. Would just check timestamps on login and poof they go away.
Old 10-14-2022, 01:38 PM
Planar Protector

An attempt to replicate actual 1999 pvp server would be really cool with good and bad. Red should have been rallos rule set or at least vallon or tallon to be classic and had egg shaped pumices and all the actual classic stuff, just for the full mayhem.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-14-2022, 01:39 PM
Planar Protector

To be more in line with the vision TM

I’m just hoping if rogean and Nilbog get legit tired of running p99 they can make the amazing work this project has done ez mode turnkey for people to make similar excellent servers without re doing all the work.

Ideally this excellent team simply chooses to
Support the pvp community again.
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 10-14-2022 at 01:41 PM..
Old 10-14-2022, 01:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To be more in line with the vision TM

I’m just hoping if rogean and Nilbog get legit tired of running p99 they can make the amazing work this project has done ez mode turnkey for people to make similar excellent servers without re doing all the work.

Ideally this excellent team simply chooses to
Support the pvp community again.
aye

my big deal where i dont like the other servers is they are just wierd custom/accelerated timelines stuff like that they dont hang around in vanilla with classic rallos rules so much
Old 11-02-2022, 09:02 PM
Fire Giant

At those levels, the paladin would automatically win due to lay hands. They'll each have 600ish hit points, but a level 20 harmtouch only does about 130 damage in PvP while lay hands heals you fully. The paladin will also have enough mana to heal for about 400 total, which is pretty easy to do against a level 20 shadowknight who's not going to be sitting on you with fast attacks. Meanwhile, the SK's spells are largely irrelevant. He can lifetap for a total of, what, 100ish on a full mana bar? Clinging darkness does practically no damage and being snared isn't much of a disadvantage against another melee class at level 20 since they can do nothing relevant from range.

If 72-minute cooldowns aren't up, I still suspect the paladin would win due to self-heals, but it would be a lot closer. Depending on the parameters of the fight, it would technically be possible for the troll to just run around waiting for regen and slowly whittle the paladin down with melee jousting, but it would take so long to benefit from this that it doesn't apply to any real fight where nobody will stand there for twenty minutes like an idiot.
Old 11-02-2022, 09:50 PM
Planar Protector

Bows even crappy ones delete troll regen like I said. Paladin would wittle troll down. Troll has the easiest time escaping. Butt can only be scary. Not really a threat.

Also troll has tiny mana pool lol.