Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 10-11-2022, 05:18 AM
Large Bat

Default Require assistance from community

Good P99,

A nice player named Zapphin (i'm pretty sure) had lent me an FBSS one evening while we were grouped in Unrest. I ended up AFK for a long time after getting pulled away IRL. When I came back, I spent the entire day contacting other people I had friended in the group and tried to contact Zapphin himself but he never logged on. A person in FoH, who's name is on my friend list but I dont remember, would I think vouch for me that I was nothing but terrified about having someone elses FBSS and didn't have any means of getting it back to him. This is my first post on this forum, and I will now look through these pages in case he reached out to me here.

I've never tried to do anything bad on p99. Literally made an ikky monk and grinded up bone chips to vend in EC. Met nice people along the way who gave me some hand me downs. An FBSS is a treasured item to someone who played actual EQ. I was honored, and I'm very sad to have tried to log in today now that I have some time and seek out zapphin. However, my account is banned. I don't know what to do, and I am very saddened by this. I had tried for 2 days, and have him on my friend list specifically because I try to find him when I'm online. I only play when IRL allows me, but every time since that night that I've been on I've done a /friends a least 100 times to no avail...

My character name is Presque. I just dinged 25 and I was so happy. I don't know why this is happening, I've tried my best to always be a good group member and nostalgic enthusiastic person for p99. This really sucks man
Old 10-11-2022, 08:22 PM
Planar Protector

Sometimes that stuff happens. If he hasn’t petitioned you and claimed you stole his item just relax. You’ll find him eventually
Old 10-11-2022, 09:27 PM
Banned

/q o-o-o-o-o-ps!
Old 10-11-2022, 10:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/q o-o-o-o-o-ps!
That's exactly what I was thinking. Typical entitled thief. I'm so sorry, now that I'm banned.... But did you make a thread before you were forcibly removed from the server? No.

Sad the levels people like you go through to steal from someone who was trying to help you. Maybe try to reroll and don't be a scumbag this time.
Old 10-12-2022, 01:00 AM
Planar Protector

one time back in the day I was getting an OT hammer MQ for an alt. I paid for the use of puppet strings, and I went LD while I had the mob charmed.

I logged back on 5 min later, and the owner of the puppet strings was no longer online.

I too went nuts trying to contact this person, then like 2 days later I found them online, and returned the puppet strings ez pz.

If you're legit, and this was all an accident, then you're gonna end up on the right side. Mods and devs take trade scams super serious. All trades and transfers are ultimately enforced by staff.
Old 10-12-2022, 01:32 AM
Fire Giant

It's why I'm reluctant to help people with transfers in this game. I've gotten power outages over here and I'd get DCed as a result. The idea of accidently holding someone else's stuff after they've trusted me with it honestly makes me anxious.
Old 10-12-2022, 10:17 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airplanethemonk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good P99,

A nice player named Zapphin (i'm pretty sure) had lent me an FBSS one evening while we were grouped in Unrest. I ended up AFK for a long time after getting pulled away IRL. When I came back, I spent the entire day contacting other people I had friended in the group and tried to contact Zapphin himself but he never logged on. A person in FoH, who's name is on my friend list but I dont remember, would I think vouch for me that I was nothing but terrified about having someone elses FBSS and didn't have any means of getting it back to him. This is my first post on this forum, and I will now look through these pages in case he reached out to me here.

I've never tried to do anything bad on p99. Literally made an ikky monk and grinded up bone chips to vend in EC. Met nice people along the way who gave me some hand me downs. An FBSS is a treasured item to someone who played actual EQ. I was honored, and I'm very sad to have tried to log in today now that I have some time and seek out zapphin. However, my account is banned. I don't know what to do, and I am very saddened by this. I had tried for 2 days, and have him on my friend list specifically because I try to find him when I'm online. I only play when IRL allows me, but every time since that night that I've been on I've done a /friends a least 100 times to no avail...

My character name is Presque. I just dinged 25 and I was so happy. I don't know why this is happening, I've tried my best to always be a good group member and nostalgic enthusiastic person for p99. This really sucks man
Petition on the forums under Bugs/Petitions to see why you were banned. The GMs will explain why it happened.

I doubt they would shadow-ban you for logging with someones item. My friend lent someone a Thick Banded Belt, and then they "accidentally sold it to a vendor." GM told my friend something along the lines of "Unless that person logged into your account and traded the Thick Banded Belt without your consent, we can't ban someone for accepting an item for free. Next time be careful who you trade with."
Old 10-12-2022, 10:40 AM
Large Bat

I did post a thread on the ban forum there last night. I don't know what /q o-o-o-p-s means and I've never really been active on any forums most of my life. This is my only character and I'm really not whatever you are making me out to be. I'm just a 35yr old dude who wanted to play EQ again for most likely the same reasons as everyone else here. I really meant no harm, and did actively try to seek him/her out EVERYTIME i was online. I was never active on forums and I just log in to play and contribute in the ways I can through being an active player.

You guys are burning down the wrong guy on this one, this sucks.
Old 10-12-2022, 10:44 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-12-2022, 10:50 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
honestly, i do this far too often. sorry bad groups. its especially easy on monk. feign death and /exit.