Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 11-15-2022, 01:41 AM
Skeleton

Default Perma Camping mob that has key quest item

Rarely do I get upset with the community, or the ruleset that's been established for this game - and generally everyone is pretty reasonable, but just ran into a one of the biggest douchebags I've ever encountered on both Blue and Green in the past 9 years I've played.

Ssips - Green server necro. Perma camping Xalgoz for the staff of dreaded gaze - which ok it's a hard drop rate, so I get it. Even further to this, getting one to drop and having a "friend" log-in next to you so you can pass it off to them and keep going with the camp - whatever. It's your time, your prerogative. I come down into Kaesora tonight to try and see if I can get the fang so I can finally get into HS, as I keep getting invited but no key. I show up, and Xalgoz was recently killed - there's two necros here in his room. One is AFK other is semi-actively killing adds in the room. Semi-active nice guy, says feel free to snag a fang if it drops while he's here - tells me the spawn time of mob, and we chat for a bit about how Ssips has been owning this camp forever. Fast forward, mob pops and Ssips takes it (apparently it's his camp even though he's been afk since I arrived). I ask him in tell if I can snag a fang when he kills, and the response is 1k.

What? 1K for an item that is about to rot? I tell him no, I'm not going to pay that. "Whatcha got then" - well I'm asking if I can have one because they rot.... 'Okay I'll give you a discount, 250p". Then, without letting any time go - he runs up to me sits in front of me, and starts emojing 'Ssips coughs at Xalgoz', 'Ssips extends his palm awaiting payment', 'Ssips coughs at you'... then boom 'Times up' runs over loots the fang before corpse opens and destroys it.

Who the fuck is this person, and why is he rotten? How is it this is acceptable behavior on this server? I mean... surely there has to be some ruleset against this ? How can players circumvent asshats who ruin the game for rest of community?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ssips.jpg (24.0 KB, 198 views)
Old 11-15-2022, 01:48 AM
Kobold

Sorry you're poor
Old 11-15-2022, 01:49 AM
Banned

I dunno why everyone is dogging on Chortles lately

He really looks up to most of you guys. In fact he’s one of the most down to earth guys I’ve met here
Old 11-15-2022, 02:44 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-15-2022, 02:49 AM
Banned

My boy Chortles bout to come riding in here like…
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C27F05D2-ADDB-40C9-955C-F78B6CAE265D.jpg (24.0 KB, 3 views)
Old 11-15-2022, 06:05 AM
Planar Protector

Shrewd investment decision to keep that 250pp rotting in bank doing nothing instead of letting you explore HS.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 11-15-2022, 10:19 AM
Banned

your noob ass trained our group in dalnir and you had the audacity to yell at me
yes, i remembered

sorry you didn't keyed come back next week
Old 11-15-2022, 10:24 AM
Fire Giant

To be fair ssips hasn't been permacamping that very long,he's been in chardok for weeks.
Old 11-15-2022, 10:26 AM
Planar Protector

biGlY sSiPs

tips fedora in your direction
Old 11-15-2022, 10:26 AM
Sarnak

Don't like it? Stop playing. Shit's classic. Good day.