Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 11-21-2022, 11:18 AM
Skeleton

People are complaining about it for good reason, it might not be 'game breaking' but it certainly has made playing P99 odious. Hopefully we will get a hotfix for this. If we are talking weeks, I think server population will quite quickly start to decline.
Old 11-22-2022, 02:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiderpunk2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People are complaining about it for good reason, it might not be 'game breaking' but it certainly has made playing P99 odious. Hopefully we will get a hotfix for this. If we are talking weeks, I think server population will quite quickly start to decline.
It's pretty rough as a Troll Shaman, LOL. I use the snare necklace, root and a bunch of DoTs etc. and not being able to tell when they wear off is dangerous since I stay at low HP at all times because of cannibalize :P

like in the past mobs would look like they running towards you when they were actually still rooted, and I learned to play around it. Now I can't tell LOL.
Old 11-22-2022, 11:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WokeCat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's pretty rough as a Troll Shaman, LOL. I use the snare necklace, root and a bunch of DoTs etc. and not being able to tell when they wear off is dangerous since I stay at low HP at all times because of cannibalize :P

like in the past mobs would look like they running towards you when they were actually still rooted, and I learned to play around it. Now I can't tell LOL.
It sounds bad on paper, but when playing, you get used to it fairly quickly.

You'll get a feeling for which dots to use and the mob's health when those dots stop ticking.

It's very similar to how people got used to not seeing the damage ticks on dots. You adapt a lot faster than you'd think.
Old 11-22-2022, 11:50 AM
Sarnak

If you quit p99 over this, you deserve to take a break.
Old 11-22-2022, 02:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was prepared to accept it as intentional but if it was unintentional then thank goodness because how do you play the big dotting classes later on without that message.
Dots are easy,make a Gina trigger that fires as you cast.
Root/mez are the challenge. Has been annoying on my enchanter but not terrible
Old 11-22-2022, 08:58 PM
Skeleton

Bigger question is why they were removing the charm wear off message? I don't understand focusing on trivial stuff like this when this is clearly a custom server. Why make quality of life worse when you have limited point black AE to 25, inflated recharge rate, broken monk FD, buffed raid content, rooted dragons, linear movement on spell interrupt, Ivandyr's Hoop, etc...

Bring back buff timers, unrestricted AE, regular vendor prices, and throw in a raid window, please, while you're at it.
Last edited by funry; 11-22-2022 at 09:01 PM..
Old 11-22-2022, 10:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by funry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bigger question is why they were removing the charm wear off message? I don't understand focusing on trivial stuff like this when this is clearly a custom server. Why make quality of life worse when you have limited point black AE to 25, inflated recharge rate, broken monk FD, buffed raid content, rooted dragons, linear movement on spell interrupt, Ivandyr's Hoop, etc...

Bring back buff timers, unrestricted AE, regular vendor prices, and throw in a raid window, please, while you're at it.
They weren't trying to remove the charm wear off message. They had those patch notes in there to remind themselves and others when the charm wear off message to be added in the timeline, when they spin up another classic server in the future.

It caused a lot of confusion though. And the prep work for that future change may have caused the current bug.
Old 11-23-2022, 12:11 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hopefully it’s asap because that’s a pretty game breaking issue
HAHAHAHA
Old 11-23-2022, 02:32 AM
Kobold

it took them literally a year to ship the last patch

strap in, i wouldn't expect a fix for this for a while
Old 11-23-2022, 08:29 AM
Orc

Be patient. It's a free game and they devs are not paid for it. If it's game breaking for you then play another game while they work on the fix.