Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 10:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
statistical guesswork
a crude way of saying "Induction" - that is the definition of Science.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumdumm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this is one of the 95,462 false or otherwise misleading statements in RnF alone
12 out of 13 statistics are made up.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:24 PM
VIP / Contributor

Induction: any form of reasoning in which the conclusion, though supported by the premises, does not follow from them necessarily.

That's not the definition of science. That's the definition of an "educated guess" which may or may not be right, like I said. If you're going to correct someone, it helps if you're correct.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:34 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Truth Send a message via AIM to Truth Send a message via MSN to Truth Send a message via Yahoo to Truth

whenever some1 try to troll me I am reminded of jay and silent bob where they read ppl talkin shit on the internet then find them and beat them up

i am an internet addict with a comp sci degree BUT you are all nerds posting on EQ forums
Old 12-18-2011, 11:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Induction: any form of reasoning in which the conclusion, though supported by the premises, does not follow from them necessarily.

That's not the definition of science. That's the definition of an "educated guess" which may or may not be right, like I said. If you're going to correct someone, it helps if you're correct.
time to do some learning, courtesy of google
Old 12-18-2011, 11:47 PM
Fire Giant

the scientific method and inductive method are synonyms. must be one huge fucking coincidence, lol.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:50 PM
Kobold

Quote:
What kind of event?
A "ban Richgirl" event. You ban the account and then hide all of the plat/loot on various mobs in the old world.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:15 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled_heretic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the scientific method and inductive method are synonyms. must be one huge fucking coincidence, lol.
I've applied the scientific method to development. That doesn't make everquest a science. You can barely wield a dictionary, don't even attempt to scuffle with me on comprehension. The best you can hope for is to be wrong in a loud voice.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:31 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I've applied the scientific method to development. That doesn't make everquest a science. You can barely wield a dictionary, don't even attempt to scuffle with me on comprehension. The best you can hope for is to be wrong in a loud voice.
what are you even talking about now? does anyone know but you?
Closed Thread