Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2019, 09:13 AM
Sarnak

Default <Drunken Bandits> A Bristlebane guild now recruiting.

In 2001 on the Bristlebane server a group of adventures, drunks, jokesters and misfits got together and formed a guild called Drunken Bandits. Many a good times and wild crazy nights were had, usually fueled by heavy drinking and late night killing. Led by Tandata, we made a name for ourselves all across Norrath as a bunch of fun loving wise cracking adventurers. Then life happened. We grew up, moved on to other games, real life jobs and families. It was all just a great memory in our gamming careers. Fond memories to be had of the past and how nothing ever compared to the adventures and follies we shared in a game called Everquest.

Fast forward 18 years to a little game called Project 1999, and a chance meeting between two old friends in the desert of Oasis in the same group killing crocodiles. The names were the same, Helbit and Renlaan. Stories were shared and many a laughs from our misadventures of the past were had. And there the seed was replanted for the Drunken Bandits to once again thrive and blossom into existence.

We are a mature guild of adults looking for more like minded players. The leader, Helbit/Hoaty is former United States Army. Myself, Renlaan/Semperfii, am a Untied States Marine. We are low level, early 20's, recruiting all level and classes for our long way to the top again. We eventually would like to get into the end game raids and planes, but until then we will strive and grow to be the best we can. We have families and jobs so our play time isn't what it used to be. Usually limited to a few evenings during the week and some on the weekends.

We are a mature guild, think Rated R. We cuss like sailors and drink like fish. We will tell dirty jokes, no matter how bad. We don't however tolerate racism, kill/spawn steeling, ninja looting or anything that's against the 'Play nice policy' set forth by the GM's of this server. All looting will be done on a need before greed system. Basically anything that would give us a bad name or reputation is a no go and will not be tolerated. I've had characters in Dawn Believers and Castle and have much respect for those guilds and would like to see future friendships with them and other like minded guilds for raids and the such. Maybe even future alliances, who knows?

If you're interested in getting in on the ground level of a new guild for some casual gamming please give us a /tell or leave your name here and we will look for you in game. Maybe you're new to the game and your current guild doesn't have much in the way of groups for you because everyone is level 50+. We may be a better fit as we will be actively recruiting levels 8-22 because that's where we are now. Higher levels are more than welcome because you have the knowledge of the game that after years of killing brain cells we may have forgotten.

Thank you for reading and please look for Helbit/Hoaty/Renlaan/Semperfii for an invite to the guild. We will also be adding Officers after a trial period to further our expansion into the world of Norrath.
Old 07-01-2019, 07:53 PM
Sarnak

Helbit, Hoaty, Renlaan, and Semperfi (one i, not two, my bad) for guild invites.
Old 08-14-2019, 11:11 AM
Sarnak

We are starting to get some good people into the guild! It’s a crowded market out there with some top notch high end guilds that have a lot of folks in them so we are still recruiting for the early part of the game and working together towards the higher level content in a fun casual pace! Hit us up if you’re interested!
Thanks!
Old 08-14-2019, 03:44 PM
Fire Giant

If I recall the guild was around in 1998/1999 and it was Rogue only.
Old 08-14-2019, 04:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I recall the guild was around in 1998/1999 and it was Rogue only.
We had a few knuckle head rogues in the guild yes but it was all classes. Timeframe was more 2000-2002.
Old 08-15-2019, 07:14 AM
Large Bat

I would love to join your ranks if possible. I had to stop playing p99 3 years ago. I am just getting back into it. Currently I have my old level 41 chanter, but it's on the back burner. In vanilla EQ days I played a monk and I just started a monk to be my main again. He's currently level 5. With work and family my playing time falls right on line with what you described: a few evenings thought the week and 1 day on the weekend.

My Monk's name is Gurss. If you would like to chat for more details/info, I will be in game later this afternoon: I am EST.
Last edited by Green Legend Ran; 08-15-2019 at 07:16 AM..
Old 08-15-2019, 09:11 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Legend Ran [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would love to join your ranks if possible. I had to stop playing p99 3 years ago. I am just getting back into it. Currently I have my old level 41 chanter, but it's on the back burner. In vanilla EQ days I played a monk and I just started a monk to be my main again. He's currently level 5. With work and family my playing time falls right on line with what you described: a few evenings thought the week and 1 day on the weekend.

My Monk's name is Gurss. If you would like to chat for more details/info, I will be in game later this afternoon: I am EST.
Absolutely! I will look for you this afternoon when I get off work. We have several new people that are first timers to P99 but veterans from live years ago.
Old 08-15-2019, 09:20 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Absolutely! I will look for you this afternoon when I get off work. We have several new people that are first timers to P99 but veterans from live years ago.
Sounds great, and thank you.
Old 08-15-2019, 12:03 PM
Sarnak

I remember you guys from Bristlebane; best of luck building out here! A+
Old 08-15-2019, 01:36 PM
Fire Giant

I remember my best friend's mother was a cleric in <Club Fu> Bristlebane LOL This guild <Drunken Bandits> sounds great! Good Luck!
Closed Thread