Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2019, 09:37 PM
Planar Protector

All of this re-awaken the sleeper talk has me thinking.... What about for Green99: when the server wakes up green gets merged onto blue and new server pops up? Most epic server troll!

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 07-14-2019, 02:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyclin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"exclusivity" is some bullshit made up by soyboy manlets to justify clinging on to a sad addiction to a 20 year old game. especially after 4 years of Velious - even having full BiS on your main isn't "cool" at this point, it's just expected if you've been raiding for the majority of the 4 years.
Yep, there was no cause to say exclusive back in era because it was self regulating. There were only so many that could per server, only so many that would do what was needed. Exclusivity was a thing in classic era but it wasn't spoken about like it is here. For sure Ring of Valor, Arch Overseers, Club Fu were the envied ones on Bristlebane but they were also the ones figuring things out and doing it. I just logged on when I got home from work, played and was caught up in the 3D revolution of a fully online world occupied by other people.

EQ required, at least in my view, such a substantial difference to be good and have the good things compared to other video games. Sheer love & hate. I still praise it to this day although I don't play P99 or video games much anymore. I can't touch new games that wants to put baby powder and a diaper on me and be considerate of me. Its like placating myself.
Old 07-14-2019, 02:40 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All of this re-awaken the sleeper talk has me thinking.... What about for Green99: when the server wakes up green gets merged onto blue and new server pops up? Most epic server troll!
The players on the 4th warder encounter log getting merged into red would be a better troll.
Old 07-15-2019, 12:45 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Somebody already lived it. Sorry that you missed it, good luck next go around.
Classic AF
Old 07-15-2019, 02:04 PM
Fire Giant

Respawn warders but each warder only has a 25% chance to drop 1 item from it's loot table.
Celent - 60 Sorcerer!
Stratah - 58 Troubadour!
Joan - 58 Knight!
Colin - 52 Rake!

Guild Leader of <Eclipse>
Old 07-15-2019, 02:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Classic AF
Not really though, at least by the P99 definition of classic ("up to but not including Luclin").

Remember, Velious lasted only one year on live. Just to get a enough of your guild keyed to get into ST tooks many months. To then get enough more keyed, and figure out your tactics for how to kill all the warders, took even longer. The absolute very first guild to ever wake the Sleeper did so past the halfway point of Velious, and it took everyone else longer than that.

This means that every server on live spent more time in Velious with the Sleeper than without her. Some servers hadn't even woken the sleeper by the time Luclin came out! On them there literally wasn't a single classic second spent without the Sleeper.

So if P99 was really emulating "how live was", the pre-wakening era should have been at least half the server's time in Velious. No one knows when Blue will end, but we've had what three years so far? Even if you give a pessimistic answer of only a few more years, we still should have had the Sleeper era for way longer.

But, again, the case for bringing back the Sleeper (or at least the pre-wakening era) is only going to get louder louder here over time. If Rogean and Nilbog won't do it now, wait and see what they say in ten years.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-15-2019, 02:26 PM
Planar Protector

P.S. If the devs were really classic they wouldn't have even started coding Sleeper until maybe now ... but they wouldn't tell us that, they'd just let TMO put in all the effort to clear all four warders, only to find bugged code [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-15-2019, 02:48 PM
Fire Giant

Velious with Warders is more classic than Velious without Warders. Server is gimped
Old 07-15-2019, 05:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not really though, at least by the P99 definition of classic ("up to but not including Luclin").

Remember, Velious lasted only one year on live. Just to get a enough of your guild keyed to get into ST tooks many months. To then get enough more keyed, and figure out your tactics for how to kill all the warders, took even longer. The absolute very first guild to ever wake the Sleeper did so past the halfway point of Velious, and it took everyone else longer than that.

This means that every server on live spent more time in Velious with the Sleeper than without her. Some servers hadn't even woken the sleeper by the time Luclin came out! On them there literally wasn't a single classic second spent without the Sleeper.

So if P99 was really emulating "how live was", the pre-wakening era should have been at least half the server's time in Velious. No one knows when Blue will end, but we've had what three years so far? Even if you give a pessimistic answer of only a few more years, we still should have had the Sleeper era for way longer.

But, again, the case for bringing back the Sleeper (or at least the pre-wakening era) is only going to get louder louder here over time. If Rogean and Nilbog won't do it now, wait and see what they say in ten years.
If p1999 was classic people like you would be unemployed stay at home sons.

Oh wait.
Old 07-15-2019, 06:40 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpcake2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If p1999 was classic people like you would be unemployed stay at home sons.

Oh wait.
This is the only category of people fit to wake the sleeper...so what?
Closed Thread