Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2019, 03:55 PM
Sarnak

I'll never forget my first red experience, wide eyed and bushy tailed enjoying some exp in Crushbone and a lvl 16 wizard with Epic and full VP gear logs in and slaughters everyone within his level range.

I stayed strong and kept playing but this remained a common theme through out my leveling experience.
Old 07-18-2019, 04:53 PM
Fire Giant

red is underpopulated because nobody wants to play with career EQ pvpers
Old 07-18-2019, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They probably won't ever do blue -> red transfers, considering that they banned cross server platinum trades it is into quasi-RMT territory. Merger has the problem of duplicate names.

Points are valid though, blue is a mess mostly due to overpopulation. No amount of rules can really fix that problem. It's a hopeless try that just makes more GM work than throwing it all out and letting guilds come to their own resolutions.

Same with red and underpopulation. Overtuned content for the player population base won't be healthy long term.
just add x's to bluebies names when they transfer over, if their names already exist on red.
Old 07-18-2019, 05:07 PM
Planar Protector

Killing someone on Red is literally 100x the endorphins of killing Vulak on Blue.
Old 07-18-2019, 07:28 PM
Kobold

I didn't get any endorphins from killing someone on red. Probably because I was a paladin and the only people I could kill were afk.
Old 07-18-2019, 08:37 PM
Banned

The server needs a wipe but I think that the admins are never going to wipe it, as they enjoy playing with the massive databases that p99 has created.
Old 07-19-2019, 08:20 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So here it is: just merge blue into the red server
If I had a week I couldn't list all of the reasons that won't work.
Old 07-19-2019, 08:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Killing someone on Red is literally 100x the endorphins of killing Vulak on Blue.
There is no honor in ganking someone. If you get endo's from that, then ok but please stay on red. I know that IF it's a real fight and IF nobody is cheating by deleveling or having epics at L10 and any of the other ways there are to game the fight and IF both sides have approximately equal numbers and IF everyone will honor the 'rules'...then yeah the feeling of victory over real people is much stronger than it is when beating a bunch of scripted pixels.

But that doesn't happen very often on red, as far as I know. EQ PvP sucks in part because it was never designed to have PvP mechanics.
Old 07-19-2019, 08:38 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is no honor in ganking someone. If you get endo's from that, then ok but please stay on red. I know that IF it's a real fight and IF nobody is cheating by deleveling or having epics at L10 and any of the other ways there are to game the fight and IF both sides have approximately equal numbers and IF everyone will honor the 'rules'...then yeah the feeling of victory over real people is much stronger than it is when beating a bunch of scripted pixels.

But that doesn't happen very often on red, as far as I know. EQ PvP sucks in part because it was never designed to have PvP mechanics.
now this guy got seriously dunked on lmao
Old 07-19-2019, 09:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Doesn't mean anything.

Come over the hill and take everything from someone. This was back before "griefing" was labeled and fay gate balance queef afflicted Pee-Vee-Pee became the norm.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Mblake81; 07-19-2019 at 09:38 AM..
Closed Thread