Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2019, 01:52 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is no honor in ganking someone. If you get endo's from that, then ok but please stay on red. I know that IF it's a real fight and IF nobody is cheating by deleveling or having epics at L10 and any of the other ways there are to game the fight and IF both sides have approximately equal numbers and IF everyone will honor the 'rules'...then yeah the feeling of victory over real people is much stronger than it is when beating a bunch of scripted pixels.

But that doesn't happen very often on red, as far as I know. EQ PvP sucks in part because it was never designed to have PvP mechanics.
Counterpoint: my favorite experiences on red were when some fungi twink would come to crushbone and gank, then all the ungeared players would try to gang up on them at once. There was also that roleplaying dwarf rogue that was an anti pk'er that would help us fight the twinks if we /bow and swore allegiance to him.

If you are just looking to do the same shit you do on blue i.e., monotonously camp loot over and over or raid then yea you might have a bad time if you're on the wrong end of the numbers game. If you actually want to have fun fucking around in everquest it was pretty cool. This is all moot now though since the admin killed red by banning cross server trading a long while ago.
Old 07-20-2019, 08:31 AM
Planar Protector

yeah, that'd be fun for sure. But it doesn't make up for all the other crap in general. I like PvP, I've played a bunch in other games...but EQ just isn't set up right.
Old 07-20-2019, 12:07 PM
Planar Protector

The bluebie hate against red and PvP is strange. What does it matter how other enjoy their game, and why would you deprive them of their fun?
Unclassic mechanics and changes made for blue is not good for red. I hope for PvP players sake theres either a teams PvP upcoming or a red server reset with no rooted dragons etc

Red is great for roleplaying and meeting curious beings online. Red has some of the best posters on here too
Old 07-20-2019, 02:17 PM
Kobold

Blue and Red players are just after different things. Blue players want progression of their characters for farming pixels. Red players want progression of their characters to farm other players.

I think the main problem with Red is the lack of a good guy/bad guy dynamic. Most kills are just random acts of murder, and that isn't really looked upon favorably by the general community. I think if most people have a choice they would choose not to live next to a mass murderer. Hence playing on blue server.

I really believe having a teams server that bans cross team play would really help give a motive. It could even cast some people in a heroic light instead of being a random serial killer out to set you on fire.
Old 07-20-2019, 02:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seungkyu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really believe having a teams server that bans cross team play would really help give a motive. It could even cast some people in a heroic light instead of being a random serial killer out to set you on fire.
So a mix of early FV (where you couldn't really interact or group with people outside your faction) and SZ (team pvp where you couldn't hide on out of range healers)?
Old 07-20-2019, 02:47 PM
Kobold

You probably know better than me Jimjam, but that sounds about right. Basically people need a narrative that bands them together against the common foe and unites them as a community.

Something stronger than a guild. Something that goes beyond friendship. Yes, I'm talking Gnome Powah!
Last edited by Seungkyu; 07-20-2019 at 02:51 PM..
Old 07-20-2019, 02:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seungkyu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It could even cast some people in a heroic light instead of being a random serial killer out to set you on fire.
This is exactly why you need teams in PvP, or else you need to setup your whole MMO dramatically differently (see PvP in EVE Online).

But in Dark Age of Camelot, Star Wars Galaxies, World of Warcraft, and virtually every other MMOG with viable PvP, there are teams. Why? Because MMO PvP by its nature encourages griefing, and griefing is no fun for anyone but the griefer.

Griefers are unavoidable, because "Killers" are one of the four core types of MMO players (see Bartle's taxonomy). If you have PvP at all, people will act that way. So to make a game that people actually want to play you have to channel the natural energy of those players in a productive way ... ie. you need to make the random serial killer into something heroic (by giving him an opposing team to fight).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-20-2019, 04:54 PM
Sarnak

Though I would say it's a problem on red that players can't get TOV loot now. In PvP the gear imbalance between long time players and new ones matters a lot.
Old 07-20-2019, 05:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Though I would say it's a problem on red that players can't get TOV loot now.
what players

lol
Old 07-20-2019, 06:54 PM
Sarnak

Who let these redtards out of their quarantine?
Closed Thread