Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2022, 04:26 PM
Sarnak

Default Thinking of returning, state of the server?

Good afternoon all,

I was a long time blue player who hasn't played in some years. I believe I left shortly before the third server arrived. My main character was Tywyll and I was one of the senior officers of Auld Lang Syne, and the former raid leader of Hydra and Aegis alliance before I left due to being a bit too busy with my master's degree.

I am looking at returning as I miss the community, and I know I will of course get some varied answers here but I wondered what your thoughts on the state of the server are? I am not looking to get back into playing incredibly long hours or more intense raiding, but looking to play a bit more casually.

Anyway, just wanted to reach out as I caught myself thinking of p99 again.

If any old friends see this, of course please say hello!

Thank you,

Auld Lang Syne Discord - click here to join
Please read our charter and post in #new_applicants
Old 01-04-2022, 04:36 PM
Banned

it's ass
Old 01-04-2022, 04:40 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketu Garyx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good afternoon all,

I was a long time blue player who hasn't played in some years. I believe I left shortly before the third server arrived. My main character was Tywyll and I was one of the senior officers of Auld Lang Syne, and the former raid leader of Hydra and Aegis alliance before I left due to being a bit too busy with my master's degree.

I am looking at returning as I miss the community, and I know I will of course get some varied answers here but I wondered what your thoughts on the state of the server are? I am not looking to get back into playing incredibly long hours or more intense raiding, but looking to play a bit more casually.

Anyway, just wanted to reach out as I caught myself thinking of p99 again.

If any old friends see this, of course please say hello!

Thank you,
Give red a go, it's a refreshing and thrilling experience with a 200% exp bonus. + you don't lose anything except coins on the extreme rare occasion someone kills you in pvp. +/- 4 level range. Considering how fast you level you'll out level any parked twink PK in a leveling spot in a few hours.
Give it a go for a few hours and see how you feel. We even got Auld Lang Syne on red.
Old 01-04-2022, 04:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Give red a go, it's a refreshing and thrilling experience with a 200% exp bonus. + you don't lose anything except coins on the extreme rare occasion someone kills you in pvp. +/- 4 level range. Considering how fast you level you'll out level any parked twink PK in a leveling spot in a few hours.
Give it a go for a few hours and see how you feel. We even got Auld Lang Syne on red.
I played on Rallos Zek primarily back in the day, I am a little too casual these days for red, it isn't really what I am looking for right now, thank you though!

Auld Lang Syne Discord - click here to join
Please read our charter and post in #new_applicants
Old 01-04-2022, 04:52 PM
Fire Giant

Both blue and green seem to be going strong and especially viable for the casual playing you describe.

If you're talking about rolling a new character, I see a lot of the old-timers rolling new characters on blue, both twinked and non-twinked.
Old 01-04-2022, 05:02 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah the servers are still going great. Blue is still a lot of fun to play on, both casually and raiding. They also changed the ZEM modifiers recently, which is spicing up which zones get play time a bit more. The only downside with the Blue/Green split is it can be a little more difficult to buy/sell stuff in EC, but it's not anything serious. Welcome back!
Old 01-04-2022, 07:12 PM
Banned

run away, very far away
Old 01-04-2022, 08:14 PM
Kobold

play on red lets get those player nombers up
Old 01-04-2022, 08:45 PM
Sarnak

I twink tons of alts and level them up through a variety of zones, it's still pretty active and you'll run into at least a handful of new people everyday even in off-road zones.

Hope to see you around!
Old 01-04-2022, 11:44 PM
Sarnak

Welcome back Tywill, the bug never goes away huh?

Server end game is a mess for the hardcore. BUT as a fairly casual player it's not bad. The quarterly draft has opened up loads of opportunities for smaller guilds (like ALS/Aegis) to knock out some great encounters and earn some BiS loot otherwise unavailable (check out Snails' recent upgrades for example!). There's other stuff like Golem Races and also the last 4 months or so have seen an increase in quakes which the smaller guilds have managed to take advantage of.

Still a lot of fun! Hope to see you around!