Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2019, 08:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't have a direct source, multiple people on P99 have mentioned some kind of 'agreement' with the devs of P99 being one of the reasons we don't have an option 1.

*something along the lines of don't mess with our TLP demand or something of the sort
Sounds a lot like an unsubstantiated rumor to me!
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 03-07-2019, 08:28 AM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomuch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is so much drama about who woke it, why, etc. I hate it.

In my opinion, this server is more of a museum than anything else. A museum that use to have a painting of x, or statue of y, or display of z, but talks about how “in this now mostly empty room over here we used to have x, y, and z, but those things don’t exist anymore irl, so we removed the painting/statue/display”, that’s just non-sensical.

I’d love to have a crack at warders and their loot. If that means ancient prismatic instead of primal, cool. If it means warders reset on earthquake only, but no sleeper script (one time deal only), cool. If it means ST including the script resets each earthquake, cool.

I’d like to see the whole museum, please. I don’t want to have to have my experience if the museum be “oh, you should have been there, it was cool, sorry you missed it.”
This is probably the best argument for respawning Warders and it's fairly good IMO, but I think it comes down to the museum metaphor breaking down a bit in the case of removed content. There simply was no mechanism for respawning the Sleeper during classic for the museum to exhibit. If you allow for respawning the Sleeper, then to be consistent, you also need to allow for Manastones, Guises and Lockets dropping again, allow killing Nagafen with level 60s, and other "you had to be there for that limited window" type content.

Part of what I appreciate about P99 is that Nilbog has a more or less coherent philosophy for what it means for something to be "classic," and Warders respawning just doesn't fit into that philosophy as far as I can see. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-07-2019, 08:35 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is probably the best argument for respawning Warders and it's fairly good IMO, but I think it comes down to the museum metaphor breaking down a bit in the case of removed content. There simply was no mechanism for respawning the Sleeper during classic for the museum to exhibit. If you allow for respawning the Sleeper, then to be consistent, you also need to allow for Manastones, Guises and Lockets dropping again, allow killing Nagafen with level 60s, and other "you had to be there for that limited window" type content.

Part of what I appreciate about P99 is that Nilbog has a more or less coherent philosophy for what it means for something to be "classic," and Warders respawning just doesn't fit into that philosophy as far as I can see. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so what you're saying is that we should have a server-wide reset.
I am 100% for this logic.

RESET THE SERVER GUYS!!!!
Old 03-07-2019, 09:47 AM
Planar Protector

Red face

What makes you think you'd make it to warders on Green? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-07-2019, 09:50 AM
Planar Protector

Just make the warders repop with each quake.

Quakes are unclassic anyway, so might as well.
Old 03-07-2019, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quakes are unclassic anyway, so might as well.
they are?
Old 03-07-2019, 12:18 PM
Fire Giant

They were specifically put it in to emulate the classic experience of frequent patches and server resets. Search the forums for it.
Old 03-07-2019, 12:31 PM
Fire Giant

Have nots will always be have nots. Could start 10 new servers (which isn’t classic btw) and these guys still wouldn’t get their precious pixels.

Classic new servers launched at CURRENT timeline. Morell Thule with kunark, Vazaelle with Celious, Kane with Luclin. None of those servers ever saw a guise or stone etc.
Old 03-07-2019, 12:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well no, not at all, because there is literally precedent from the dev team in allowing not Classic things to be things.

In some cases unavoidable, in some cases just because they think it's easier, and in some cases probably because they don't care enough.

Nevermind that the timeline itself isn't 1:1 accurate, again undermining the point you thought you were making.
Quote:
Now this is probably true.
Old 03-07-2019, 12:44 PM
Sarnak

These "Classic above all else" people really like to cherry pick what constitutes what where, and talk about original developer intention, which usually doesn't involve people being as shitty as possible to each other.

Fundamentally it doesn't actually bear weight as a proven article.

It's an idea, and ideas are fluid, though I agree there should be limitations.

If we really want to talk about "developer intentions" we could probably all agree that not only was there no script for the Sleeper coming back, they never needed one because that gear was trash garbage about a year and a half later, and the original dev's were wildly erratic with what they ever decided needed to be focused on.

A year ago on Live (or was it two?) they went back and fixed old Kunark-era quests that no one could ever possibly want to do...but would make sense on p99, and be very Classic indeed, because that was their intention.
Last edited by Sonark; 03-07-2019 at 12:46 PM..
Closed Thread