Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 04-19-2019, 08:51 PM
Planar Protector

Default Dark Huntress (Mistmoore Castle)

Having never seen this NPC and with no posts about her on the forums or mention of her on the wikipedia, I can only assume she doesn't exist. If that's the case, there are corroborated accounts about her below, including a screenshot.

Name: Dark Huntress
Level: 50
Race: Human
Class: Shadow Knight / Necromancer
Faction: None
Loot: None
A nonaggressive(?) rare spawn, possibly ultra-rare, that would occasionally despawn within a few seconds. The NPC had multiple spawn locations, including spa room, kitchen, and the base of the tower near pond. The class is questionable, as it summoned a darkbone skeleton pet and would cast scourge, fear, and a direct damage spell, but was also reported to have Harm Touched players. Additionally, the NPC likely had higher than average MR considering the comments and stun resist (screenshot). It wasn't until 2002/2003 that the NPC's faction and model were corrected to reflect the general zone population's.

https://web.archive.org/web/20010708042704/http://everlore.com/bestiary
https://web.archive.org/web/20010727010310/http://www.everlore.com/ShowScreenShot

Quote:
Submited by: Anonymous On: 6/19/2001 4:48:50 AM Rank: worst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 best
OK, so I am in MM helping a guild mate bard get her drums. well, it didnt go so well and we ended up at zone. she died and i lived. anyway, i was messing around fixing my faction with bards (52 reaver). i was by zone pulling. well, i went down the ramp to pull when i saw something casting next to me. it was the dark huntress. i was like kewl a blue spawn. well, i regret attacking her. she hit me for 127 and used a dd and scrouge on me. oh, she also tried to fear me too. i made it to zone after FD failed but only to die to her dot. very very nasty npc. revenge will be sweet someday!
Quote:
Submited by: Auriya Sunsinger On: 5/26/2001 9:27:55 AM Rank: worst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 best
she spawned in the Bathroom the other day when i was on a raid with my guild... it took 2 groups of people (levels 35-53) to take her down, and even then our cleric and druids were OOM from healing us all... she dropped absolutely nothing... not even a single copper... *growls*
Quote:
Submited by: Valence Shadowstalke On: 5/5/2001 4:43:08 PM Rank: worst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 best
I was soloing the torture chamber as a 40 Shadow Knight. I had my pet standing on the rack. I saw the Dark Huntress casting emotes. My pet turned towared the door and was hit with what I believe to be Harm Touch. I got up and went to the door and targeted her. She was red. She looked to be a human and she had a dark bone skeleton pet. I believe she is around a level 50 Shadow Knight.
Quote:
Submited by: Valaden On: 12/31/2000 11:01:51 AM Rank: worst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 best
With my group we were camping the HBC one night and we were pulling gargs and such around to give xp to the lower levels and this thing spawned right beside the hemo encologist.I would say shes lvl 50 or 51 naked human female because our lvl 49war kept shouting "YELLOW".She has alot of hps she hits for mid 100's.She took out 4 out of the 6 people in our group because we had more mobs to fight.I would say shes a random spawn for some FA quest.
Quote:
Submited by: Nitrus Oxyde On: 12/10/2000 8:14:42 AM Rank: worst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 best
I've seen one of these spawn once the entire time I was in mistmoore, and you do not want to be face to face with one of these. About 3 seconds after she popped the zone was filled with all of the level 50+ people in my group shouting "ITS BLUE! ITS BLUE!!!" Took a *LONG* time to beat her down - probably has a truckload of HP.
The few times she did get a spell off it was a ~700hp DOT and a DD that took noticeable HP from a level 58 warrior. As for the location she is a random spawn near the spa room. (I think some people call it the bathroom and the gargoyle room.) She popped right in front of the secret door so watch out if you are camping the gargoyle spawns. ALSO - she did pop one more time somewhere near the throne room (I'm guessing.), cast a spell, and de-popped. Anyone with warmly faction with mistmoore might try hailing her if you are lucky.
Quote:
Submited by: Bonekrusha On: 12/5/2000 8:48:43 AM Rank: worst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 best
Well, lemme tell yerz wot we had happun.

Dere were 4 ov us in der Kitchen, und had jus taken on der cookz und maid as well.
we wre bout 40-50 on mana, bubble down on health (general picture ov party)
we had 45th Warrior (Me! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.], 40th Pally, 52nd Necro, 56th Druid.

She popped right in frunt ov us..Woz bright red ter me, woz blue ter necro und druid. Wozza long hard fight..she woz hittin me fer bout 137 a pop on der full blows. She took out der Druid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] but Pally LOH me und we finished her off.

She dropped nuffin und dont remember her Faction hitz.
Quote:
Submited by: Dinvaras On: 11/12/2000 9:22:11 PM Rank: worst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 best
I just saw this thing spawn near the tower in MM, the one next to the pond. It casted some spell then poofed.
Old 04-19-2019, 10:45 PM
Planar Protector

Nice research! I made a temp. page on the wiki. The live Allakhazam site says something about Dark Huntress living in TOFS... dunno

Amax MNK / Amalgamax ROG / maximum
Begging (227)

EQ Map Archive (1,000+ images)
P99 WikiEQ Patch Chronology
Old 04-19-2019, 11:19 PM
Planar Protector

(Post-classic link, however it confirms her class as Necromancer.)
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/oldunsolvedquestsineverquest

Quote:
Luthair Nov 24 '02 #1
Female Human Necromancer has a pet, and is blue to 61. Apparently her sounds are the same as Maestro. She used to pop buff and depop, however she now stays up.

Oddly she seems to hate some of the plate mobs, I saw her kill a few but unfortunately it was too fast to catch the names on them.

Doesn't see invis but she'd kill anyone who could actually hunt there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nice research! I made a temp. page on the wiki. The live Allakhazam site says something about Dark Huntress living in TOFS... dunno
Thank you! Apparently the zone change came quite some time after classic and placed her on the 5th floor of the tower or thereabouts.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/...a.59894/page-9

Quote:
Jan 12, 2005 - I would not be surprised if Fv was met by lanys or tserrin possibly even the dark huntress as she traveled to the tower from mistmoore.
https://thesafehouse.org/forums/foru...-dark-huntress

Quote:
Nov 3, 2005
I know that when MM was revamped, that the Dark Huntress was moved to the Tower of Frozen Shadow.
Old 01-11-2021, 07:36 AM
Planar Protector

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/...?quest=756&p=8

Introduced around the same time as the advisor, black dire, and blood wolves.

Quote:
RE: What we know so far
#Sep 22 2000 at 1:19 PMRating: Default
Anonymous
Anonymous
yes there is new mobs in Mistmoore . blood wolves black dires the Advisor who drops acool looking robe and a "Dark huntress' haven o idea what she drops along with the wolves and dires. i heard Maestro is apart of this quest because the bard in DL mentions the maestro...so we most likly gotta kill him to get the bottom part of page 24. i have yet to get anything at all altho i can do almost all of it solo. except for the skyfire and burning woods drake along with maestro . has someone killed maestro recently? if so tell me if he dropped bottom page of 24. thanks later

Gandel Talron Taliesin 47 bard of rodcet nife

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=2088

Spawn location, sound, and class.

Quote:
Dark huntress
#Jun 25 2001 at 12:00 PMRating: Default
Anonymous
Anonymous
Ne one seen this mob before? it popped when i was camping the HBC guy ne ways im 51 and after she popped she proceeded to kick my @$$ funny thing was she had the appearance of a human but when i hit her she sounded like a vampire. just wondering about her she seemed to be a necro *shrug*

Turaylon Trublade
51st cavalier
Povar

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=2081

Approximate level.

Quote:
RE: 231 damage?
#May 08 2001 at 11:04 AMRating: Default
Anonymous
Anonymous
Just so you know there is now two creatures i have seen that are lv 49+ in MM. One is a dark Huntress who was red to a 46, and blue to a 53.
The other was a Ghostly dog of some type that was again red to a 46 and blue to a 53.

i got hit by the dark huntress for a very short time, actually only twice, once for 118 and once for 120 i think, so i don't know if that was her high or not.

Another thing is that Mayong Mistmoore is lvl 53 when pulled out of the closet and played by GM's. he was taken out because his aggro was too high for the size of the zone, and he trained the zone all the time(well whenever he spawned)....since there are alot of 30's low 40's in this zone he would aggro people halfway accross the mansion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I had heard rumors of one other lvl 50+ in MM, that was a named werewolf that ???did?? spawn in the CY(very rare spawn), and dropped a wonderfull BP(effect:werewolf form, 40ac and +str) and tail(belt with stats, and nice haste) Alas that was a rumor and i can't say if this is true or not =p

Out of era information, but it corroborates posts from 2001 and earlier.

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=8537

Spawn location and no loot.

Quote:
Dark Huntress
#Oct 13 2002 at 1:22 AMRating: Decent
__DEL__1591779782081
1 post
While we were camping Xiconiti, she appeared in the bedroom. We had a decent group with us, so we attacked. It killed 1 person in our party, but we ended up killing it. Upon it's death, it just vanished. Needless to say, we were upset that we couldn't loot it.
Spawn location and duration.

Quote:
Very spooky
#Sep 27 2002 at 10:30 PMRating: Decent
__DEL__1591781792553
1 post
Well I was camping the Avenging Caitiff in the staircase right by the bridge and the tower. All the sudden I see the Dark Huntress cast a few buffs on top the staircase then a second later the Avenging Caitiff spawns...I dunno if its some sort of connection or not but thats my encounter with her ^_^
Spawn location/duration and approximate level.

Quote:
dark huntress
#Aug 08 2002 at 10:46 PMRating: Decent
__DEL__1593362247445
1 post
i saw her right up close and personal. was farming mistmoor and entered piano room and there she was buffing herself right in front of me. she conned dark blue to me (i'm 56 magician). she didn't attack me. i turned to deal with the other mobs in the room and when i turned around again she was gone. her title was just as it says, dark huntress. didnt know who she was until i came across this forum tonight. after reading the info here i guess i'm to believe that i am incredibly lucky that she did not attack me. i wasn't with a group, just my lonesome. mathus majere 56 magician on the rathe server.
Spawn location/duration, GM verification, and approximate level.

Quote:
Dark Huntress
#Aug 02 2002 at 1:41 PMRating: Decent
__DEL__1593362147235
1 post
ok guys here what i know about the Dark Huntress. alot of this info came from very good friends and long time player. ok she a random pop in the zone and she is only there for the time it take to cast one buff on herself. after that she will depop about 10 sec or so. She looks like a human female newbie ("naked"). When I saw her, she spawned in the passage that leads from the newbie pond to the graveyard. i have asked a GM friend about her and was told noone to date has ever killed her. when i asked about her loot i got no reply so i did not push it. if you can cast or melee her before she get her one buff casted she can be attacked without her depoping. she coned dark blue to me at lvl 51 and have been told she is very under coned. she seem to pop in alot i have seen casting text from her 3 or 4 time in one night of raiding the zone. if you ask me about it i say it would have to be a blue moon before anyone could kill her. having the group or groups to kill her and having the luck for her to pop in on top of your raid is the only way anyone could take her down. i hope this info help you guys and good luck to anyone going after her;o)
Appearance, spawn location/duration, possible trigger, and con.

Quote:
Spawn Pattern
#Jul 29 2002 at 6:41 AMRating: Decent
__DEL__1591781180108
4 posts
She looks like a human female newbie ("naked"). When I saw her, she spawned in the passage that leads from the newbie pond to the graveyard.

I suspect that she can spawn anywhere. In fact, since she spawned right at the spawn point of a pledge initiate (or something similar) the very moment I killed it, I suspect that there is a miniscule chance for her to spawn any time a mob in mistmoore is killed.

I wasn't near enough to draw aggro from her, and as i conned her and started asking people what she was, she blinked out (was there for 2 seconds). I didn't know if she had despawned or hidden, but i walked past her spawn point and nothing happened, so my best guess is the former is the case (she was scowling at me when i conned her -- and dark blue).

Wish I knew more. Good luck with her.
Spawn location and sound associated with her, the same as Maestro, along with time of introduction in relation to the advisor's.

Quote:
Huntress
#Jun 06 2002 at 3:25 PMRating: Default
Anonymous
Anonymous
First and only time I saw her was a few weeks after the Advisor was created. A small group us 50+ were camped in the library area and we kept seeing her cast. Finally right in mid-fight with room spawn and pulls, she pops right in where the Advisor spawned. She laughed exactly like the Maestro and she hit like a SOB. We weren't buffed for a real fight and only managed to get her to 25% or so before our cleric was oom. She resisted about 75% of my stuns (level 57ish at the time). I didn't have tash loaded since we were just fighting ash and trash, so I dont' know if it would have made a great difference. Needless to say, we CR'd and she was nowhere in sight.
Approximate spawn location.

Quote:
Dark Huntress?
#Apr 28 2002 at 1:56 PMRating: Default
Anonymous
Anonymous
Khmm was wondering about this mob. I was camping dhampyre for like 5 nights and giving out essences to some lower levels *waves to syraties* here on drinal. One night while camping my guy, i heard Dark Huntress casts a spell. Wow, I thought I remember seeing this mob, wasn't sure whether she was lvl 50 or not. However, I didn't dare to check her out lol, I can barely gate when a few green mobs pound on me lol but with huntress that would be flat out impossible. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Can someone please post what does she drop? Gotta be something good or for really ultra rare quest.
Confirmation of her existence pre-Luclin, approximate spawn location, and mention of her resists.

Quote:
Dark Huntress is TUFF!
#Apr 22 2002 at 1:48 PMRating: Default
Anonymous
Anonymous
We were wiped out by this mob about a year ago. She spawned in the music room as far as we could tell. Then she systamatically droped everyone of us. She had MASSES of HP, and was almost totally magic resistant (i didn't land anything druid 40). Luckily she dosnt seem to spawn that much..
Last edited by Ennewi; 01-11-2021 at 07:59 AM..
Old 05-09-2023, 08:32 AM
Planar Protector

https://web.archive.org/web/20010929...ne=63&start=50

13:58:50 Sep 29, 2001

Quote:
Dark Huntress By: Anonymous
Posted @ Tue, Oct 10th 7:16 PM 2000 Score: Default[2.00]
What does everyone know about the Dark Huntress? She appears for a VERY short time and then gates, apparently out of the zone. We have attempted to locate her before she gates with no luck. Any info or help with her would be appreciated.

[Top]
RE: Dark Huntress By: Anonymous
Posted @ Sun, Oct 15th 3:11 AM 2000 Score: Default[2.00]
Aye, I saw her today for a very short time. Me and 2 friends were camping the Advisor when all of a sudden the Dark Huntress spawns in the corner. I couldn't get a cast on her before she dissapeared and my friends didn't have time to hit her either. Odd, indeed

[Top]
Posted @ Tue, Oct 17th 1:34 PM 2000 Score: Default[2.00]
I've heard the dark huntress casting on 2 occasions now. I usually camp the damphyre and check for the advisor periodically. Once I was outside the library and heard the huntress casting and saw partical effects through the wall of the Advisors room, but she was gone before I got there so I assumed that was the spawn point of the huntress as well.

[Top]
Posted @ Sat, Oct 21st 4:27 AM 2000 Score: Default[2.00]
Shes a lvl 50 caster of some sort, spawns in the trone room acroos from advisor room and only hits for about 137. When killed she dropped no money and no loot. Any other info?

[Top]
Posted @ Sun, Nov 19th 11:54 PM 2000 Score: Default[2.00]
I was in kitchen waiting for the cook to pop when the Dark Huntress pop and I killed her soon, She con blue to me (59 mage) and dropped nothing.
Only gave me exp hehe.

[Top]
Posted @ Mon, Dec 4th 2:17 PM 2000 Score: Default[2.00]
probably doesn't gate, instead casts invis, like the froglok warden and ghoul assassin.

[Top]
Posted @ Wed, Jan 31st 7:17 PM 2001 Score: Default[2.00]

The guild was off doing a bashing in good ole Mistmoore and while taking a med break in the graveyard, the dark huntress spawned right in our laps. We wasted her before she had a chance to gate out, dropped no money, no loot.
Although right after we dropped her, Lasna Cheroon appeared on track. Maybe she is a placeholder for a number of rares?

https://web.archive.org/web/20020429.../mistmoore.htm

Quote:
Map Fileset

Zone Info:

Castle Mistmoore
mistmoore
Compiled by EQmaps, http://www.eqmaps.com/

mob: Dark Huntress HUM, SHD 50 - 50 0
mob: Garton Viswen Unknown, WAR 35 - 35 0
mob: Glyphed Ghoul DEF, Unknown 25 - 25 0
mob: Lasna Cheroon DEF, NEC 36 - 37 0
mob: Magreck Unknown, Unknown 0 - 0 0
mob: Maid Issis Unknown, Unknown 35 - 35
mob: Mynthi Davissi HUM, ENC 32 - 32 679
mob: Princess Cherista Unknown, Unknown 35 - 35
mob: Xicotl TRL, SHD 35 - 38 0

Copyright © 2001 by Hooded Nomads. All rights reserved.
Revised: 12 Nov 2001 21:15:22 -0500 .

https://web.archive.org/web/20010823.../000004-6.html

Quote:
Abcnai
unregistered posted September 22, 2000 03:53 AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Well, with many mobs in mistmoore being "a dark offerer" and some scribes not being "a dark scribe" i was leery about coming there. But when I showed up immidiately a druid tracked "Dark Huntress" who despawned immediately.
Asking around one 52 ranger and a cleric, and other class tried to take her and they whooped her but. Not sure, but perhaps would have to kill her to get a "Dark Scribe" to spawn.

Next tiem we saw her spawn was at exactly midnight and only stayed spawnd for about 30 to 60 secconds. Doubt she is for this quest, but maybe she can lead to a Dark Scribe.

Just a thought,
Abcnai
Quote:
Abcnai
unregistered posted September 22, 2000 03:56 AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Oops, I said that those 3 beat the Dark Huntress. Actually she beat them very bad they said. Hit very hard and they didn't stand a chance.
They also said she spawned in a room near the spaw with the gargs, but not in a normal spawn point, just in the middle of the room.

Abcnai
Quote:
Riffraffs
unregistered posted September 22, 2000 05:20 AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
i am so glad someone brought up mistmoore,i being a mistmoore junkie.have noticed many and i mean many new spawns in mm since last patch.here are a few that i have seen or heard of......
dark huntress,have not come face to face with her but sometimes at zone u can read her casting fer like 30 seconds,despawns very quickly.

advisor,i have been told he has very nasty nukes,and drops a very nice new robe nice red color,stats on graffe.com and pic

vampire lord,have been told very very nasty,i heard he took down a whole group of 53+,but i find that very hard to believe beins nothin is usually ever over lv35 there.

blood wolves,blue to me at 40,drop quest items,spawns near,enynti,**sobs**the back wall is no longer a safe spot.

black dire,most interesting new spawn of them all so far,its a SPIRIT WOLF,and gives the same not dedicated,not loyal,mumbo jumbo sayings as most other fa style quest npcs,have been saying.my guess is he HAS to be part of either ench or druid quest,looked on druid boards and there is no mention of him yet tho,check it out 50's see what he tells u.

hemo enologist,was a silver spawn i think,like the heralds and harbringers,killed him and he dropped 2 bottle called blood spirit lore no drop,sorry i forgot to con him.

there r prolly other new spawns there as well but thats what i know of so far i really hope that helps,im leaning toward that black dire to be ench quest cuz he told me i wasnt ready at 40,so i got a 51 dru to come over and he got really ignorant with her,dubious to us both.

anyhoo thats my 2cp hope it helps

Riffraffs Raffruffs
40th season Enchanter
Xegony
*EXCALIBUR*

O BTW the black dire spawns in between the 4 blood wolves next to the enynti and 2 garg spawn on safe hill all dogs were dubious and did not attack when we took out gargs and enynti right in front of them.

https://web.archive.org/web/20021104...show&BID=67637

Quote:
Submited by: Resshin On: 11/26/2000 8:52:53 AM Rank: worst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 best
Since sometime in the recent past, there is another mob that will spawn in the same spot as Maid Issis, and that is the Dark Huntress. I'm assuming that she is actually the rare spawn now. She looks like a normal human female, but cons even at level 50, and puts out some huge damage. She will easily shred any group under 40. I have no idea what her loot is because we had to evac very fast after the fighting started. So if you're planning on camping the maid and butler, watch out for this mob, and always have evac memmed and ready to go.

https://web.archive.org/web/20050114...hp?p=56977&amp

Quote:
Varia the mage

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2002 9:40 am Post subject: Re: Mistmoore Reply with quote
One little warning. If you see a naked human female with a skele pet, RUN. She is known as the Dark Huntress and is a level 50 necro. I ran into her twice the other day while collecting some items for a smithy friend. The first time I saw her, she agroed onto me from a long distance. I'd never heard of her, but quickly noticed she conned light blue at 65 when she started tearing apart my pet (epic pet). She wasn't that difficult once I realized what she was, but I thought I'd give this warning. I would expect she could very quickly kill a mid level character that is alone. The first time I found her, she was deep in the castle. The second time though was near the entrance. A 45 ranger was telling me how he got attacked by her while sitting at the zoneline and still barely managed to zone.

For anyone that is curious, she has no loot. Not even a single coin.
Varia Darselai Arch Convoker