Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2019, 02:47 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indecisive [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How did you get over the MQ failure? I feel so sick about it I don't even know if I want to play anymore.
I was on the purchasing end, so it wasn't a loss on my end.

When I get really frustrated by any game, i'll distance myself focus on something else for a bit, and if i really love the game, i usually come back.
Old 04-17-2019, 02:53 PM
Banned

The person selling the MQ should be responsible for all these checks.. faction, items.. All of it.. And you shouldn't pay the seller until you receive the item.. It's his risk to take, at the end of the day, all you shoulda lost was your gems..

Again- Maybe check with seller if he's willing to refund or at least refund half of the payment.. If you truly think you got scammed.. It's time to name and shame!!!!!!!
Old 04-17-2019, 02:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indecisive [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is that something that genuinely happens? That someone would try to troll a turn-in NPC? Who would do something like that? I really hope it was some kind of mistake, because the idea that someone would do it on purpose is unsettling.

So CSR won't help at all? Not even to reset the NPC so it doesn't happen to someone else? Cobi Frostbeard is the NPC, if anyone is wondering so you know to stay away.

I've just been paying in full at the bank before the turn-ins. I had no idea that it was common practice to wait until after, I just assumed this was how it was done. But when the turn-in failed, he didn't offer to re-imburse and I didn't ask. I knew a failed MQ could happen, but I always assumed it would have to be my fault. I didn't realize someone totally third-party could screw it up and I'd be left holding the bag, if that's what happened.
Seller should assume the risk of something going wrong (i.e. you should get your plat back)

Killing the npc wont reset its inventory it needs to be a server reset.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 04-17-2019, 03:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If some third party deliberately messed up the quest NPC, then when your monk associate handed in his piece he would have got the reward. You can decide whether or not you know him well enough to determine whether he would have told you if that happened, or let you blindly continue.

Other, probably more likely case is that the other person turning in the item lacked sufficient faction. When that happens, the NPC simply eats his item, and now that NPC has your gems on it and is going mess up the next turn-in should the next turn-in be an MQ attempt. A non-MQ, direct turn-in should still work in that the person doing will still receive his armor piece.

EDIT: Of course there's also the possibility of a straight-up scam where the other player never had the item in the first place (or, at least, never turned it in). That being said, thurg-armor scams are exceedingly rare since few people want to risk GM action over the relatively small gains to be made.

Absolutely all of the Thurgadin quest NPCs have associated dialogue.

Danth
I don't know him at all - but his guild, from my understanding, has a good reputation. I want to be very careful that I don't cast any aspersions his way without evidence, because it wouldn't be fair. As upset as I am about this whole thing, I don't know if he did anything wrong or if I was just incredibly unlucky.

I did ask the guide I spoke to if there was any way they could tell me what had happened, but they stopped responding, so I just let it go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeff100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The person selling the MQ should be responsible for all these checks.. faction, items.. All of it.. And you shouldn't pay the seller until you receive the item.. It's his risk to take, at the end of the day, all you shoulda lost was your gems..

Again- Maybe check with seller if he's willing to refund or at least refund half of the payment.. If you truly think you got scammed.. It's time to name and shame!!!!!!!
I don't remember his name, but he was in Asgard. Seemed like a nice enough guy. Although I had no idea about the faction on his end being a problem as other people have pointed out, so if that's the case and he's not factioned up correctly, then I really hope he reaches out and tries to make this right.
Old 04-17-2019, 03:39 PM
Planar Protector

Course all the above assumes the mistake wasn't yours and you didn't do something like hand the NPC crushed onyx sapphire instead of chipped onyx sapphire, which have identical inventory graphics in addition to the similar names. If you did happen to do that, it's unlikely you'd even be able to tell, now.

Danth
Old 04-17-2019, 03:41 PM
Kobold

Quote:
How did you get over the MQ failure? I feel so sick about it I don't even know if I want to play anymore.
I did two MQs for the robe of the tomato or w/e using raster idols for my alt (first) and a friend's alt (second) both of which were eaten because it wasn't even coded yet. This was firstly pre-kunark and secondly post-kunark but before it was coded.. if it ever even was, I don't know.

It's painful but if you still enjoy the game then you'll still play it even if you get screwed. It's not like that's the first time EQ has screwed you and it likely won't be the last. That didn't result in me quitting p99, even though I eventually did. Now I'm playing the ffxi emu (since modern mmos are dogshit braindead single player games) and other games in general. If green ever happens I'll come back to p99.

Funnily enough druids are an unwanted class that no one cares about so making one your main is basically a total waste of time and spending your money gearing one out was a waste to begin with.
Old 04-17-2019, 03:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Course all the above assumes the mistake wasn't yours and you didn't do something like hand the NPC crushed onyx sapphire instead of chipped onyx sapphire, which have identical inventory graphics in addition to the similar names. If you did happen to do that, it's unlikely you'd even be able to tell, now.

Danth
I can confirm it was the chipped, as I still have the crushed for the cap turn-in. Had that lined up for tomorrow, possibly day after. I even had them seperated in the inventory, and further seperated after a double check to an open slot in the non-bag inventory before turn-in.

As I said in another post, I'm absolutely paranoid about turn-ins and take all the possible precautions I can take, several times over, to ensure nothing terrible happens.
Last edited by Indecisive; 04-17-2019 at 03:59 PM..
Old 04-17-2019, 03:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Funnily enough druids are an unwanted class that no one cares about so making one your main is basically a total waste of time and spending your money gearing one out was a waste to begin with.
I really appreciated your post until this part. It wasn't helpful or constructive, and I'm not sure why you felt it necessary to add it in.

Druids are a lot of fun. I care about that far more than being the best min-max choice at end-game.
Old 04-17-2019, 03:54 PM
Kobold

After someone receives the item from said npc, that npc will smile at you while he hands you your reward
Cobi has a fucked up grill you would've noticed his gangly ass teeth if the MQer got the lootz.
Old 04-17-2019, 04:00 PM
Planar Protector

At any rate, only way you'd have recourse is if there's evidence of a deliberate scam, and even then they'd just take action against the other guy, not refund your stuff. Hence /petitioning him might not be in your best interest even if you suspect a scam since you can't get a full or partial refund from a guy who's suspended. As noted earlier, though, a deliberate scam is unlikely. More likely is some snafu like insufficient faction or someone handing in the wrong item.

The public post is useful as a realtime warning that the thurgadin druid NPC is quite probably presently unsafe for druid leg slot Multiquest activities.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 04-17-2019 at 04:02 PM..
Closed Thread