Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2019, 02:01 PM
Banned

Default I <3 SCIENCE!

Man, I love science. Did you hear they recently took a picture of a black hole? So fucking cool. I wish I understood more about that astrophysics stuff. If I had been better at math I think I would have been an astrophysicist or something like that. It’s mind-blowing enough just to realize we are all stardust, but can you imagine studying it for a living? I’m not smart enough honestly, but I have mad respect for those guys (and ladies!) who are.

Did you guys see Neil Degrasse Tyson on Colbert the other night? That guy is so hilarious. I’m seriously thinking of getting a tattoo of his face on my left shoulder by my Flying Spaghetti Monster tat. The tat I have now just says “FSM” so maybe I can have the tattoo artist expand it into “Fund Science More!” haha. You don’t see those Pastafarian memes around as much anymore and I’m wondering if people will still get the joke in a few years from now. But yeah, NDT (I call him NDT) is the shit. Can you imagine being that smart and that funny? I feel like I could just have a beer with him, cos we’re both nerds.

It’s fun to just talk about how science rocks with other people who get it, like you guys, but then...I always remember that that are actually people out there who DON’T BELIEVE science, and then I honestly just get pissed and disgusted at the world. I mean, can you believe there are still people like that? When I meet one of these clowns I just want to be like Hello! Hi! It’s 2019! The Middle Ages are over! Come and join us!

I’m not saying science is perfect. There have been some mistakes, like say, eugenics. YIKES. That was a big one. But that wasn’t really science, y’know? That was just plain old racism, disguising itself as science. I do sometimes worry about the future though. Like what if rich people, sort of, steal science for their own benefit? You ever see the movie Gattaca? Sometimes I worry that something like that could be real.

Anyway, we gotta keep fighting the good fight and just trust that reason and rationality will win out in the end. And hey - if those science denying jokers in the middle of the country really want to push us, who is going to be able to win that war? Us science loving liberals, who can make nukes, or those yokels that think God made the earth in 6 days and think their magic sky daddy will help them somehow beat nukes with their AR-15s? Lol. I wouldn’t cry if we did have to nuke em tbh. Country’d be a whole lot better imo. I’d take one NDT over some whole states in the Midwest!

Anyway, sorry, I’m being dramatic. It just blows my mind to think that these science denying people actually exist. All I know is, if I ever had kids I would raise them to respect SCIENCE just as much as some people brainwash their kids to be terrified of JEEZUS sitting on a cloud and watching them as they masturbate. Lol. Anyway, if you guys see any cool science news articles or catch any cool new science docs on PBS or Discovery Channel, shoot me an email. I’m always down to watch that shit. I fucking LOVE science.
Old 04-17-2019, 02:05 PM
Banned

I call him "Tyrone Degrassi" I think this is witty beyond measure
Old 04-17-2019, 02:21 PM
Planar Protector

Smile

i liek science too and am thankful that we have people liek NDT, Michio Kaku and Bill Nye to educate us on black holes, string theory and climate change.
Old 04-17-2019, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

You are such a dolt, Dino.
Old 04-17-2019, 04:05 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i liek science too and am thankful that we have people liek NDT, Michio Kaku and Bill Nye to educate us on black holes, string theory and climate change.
Lol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-17-2019, 04:32 PM
Planar Protector

Pity reply
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 04-17-2019, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

cool troll (not)

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 04-17-2019, 05:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
cool troll (not)
Did you just make a not joke?
Old 04-17-2019, 07:35 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 04-17-2019, 07:49 PM
Banned

SCIENCE IS SO FUCKING AWESOME

Edit: Thanks for the gold, kind stranger! XD
Closed Thread