Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2019, 06:25 AM
Kobold

Default Active group coordinator website for P99?

(I'm not sure if this has been asked before or if this is even the right board for it.)

I have a low level druid alt, and I really want a Scryer group for Guk, but I'm not in a guild yet and my friends are unavailable. I'd log in during irregular times of the day, scream in OOC for half an hour and then log off. Repeat the next day, and the day after it, and I never get the chance.

I found out about Project LFG but it's practically barren at this time and it seems like a shame.

21 y/o fantasy nerd - Discord: Midoo#2125
Odym Drekk
- 52 BAR SHM (main) || Midoo - 51 BAR WAR (alt)

Old 04-20-2019, 08:11 AM
Fire Giant

Start doing “/ all class [min level] [max level]” and start sending tells and recruiting. Or instead of screaming “LFG”, start screaming “LFM”. Someone needs to take the initiative and it might as well be you!

But to answer your question, these external services have pretty much all petered out. Put on “/lfg on” and search for “/ all lfg”, or just start sending tells to random people. You’re going to need to do this in the long run anyway, as a druid who likes to group.

Good luck and dogspeed.
<The Second Sons>
Old 04-20-2019, 08:27 AM
Sarnak

Yeah, I agree with the above. I had the same problem until I got over my reluctance and started sending tells. It might be frustrating short-term because some days it's feel like herding cats, but it will get easier, and more to the point, your friends list will grow with solid people your know you can group with.

Also, jump into a guild. It helps too.
Old 04-20-2019, 09:56 AM
Sarnak

I have trouble finding groups with just a LFG tag up. It doesn't always help to advertise in OOC.

If I can safely pop up at the camp I want and ask if they have room, I'll get a group invite much of the time. My thoughts are to just be proactive. It can take more effort.
Old 04-21-2019, 07:34 AM
Sarnak

You could always try the P99 discord channel. It's got a LFG section you can advertise in. I don't honestly know how helpful it is, as I've never used it - but people post in there every day, so it must work at least some of the time.
Old 04-21-2019, 06:25 PM
Sarnak

Lord Bob discord has a LFG channel as well. I'm not sure the level range on it but worth checking out.
Old 04-21-2019, 06:55 PM
Planar Protector

TURN ON THE LFG TOOL ROGEAN/NILBOG OMGEEERRRDDDDDD
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 04-21-2019, 07:19 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Discord LFG Channel.

http://discord.gg/p1999

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 04-21-2019, 07:20 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TURN ON THE LFG TOOL ROGEAN/NILBOG OMGEEERRRDDDDDD
No

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 04-22-2019, 12:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(I'm not sure if this has been asked before or if this is even the right board for it.)

I have a low level druid alt, and I really want a Scryer group for Guk, but I'm not in a guild yet and my friends are unavailable. I'd log in during irregular times of the day, scream in OOC for half an hour and then log off. Repeat the next day, and the day after it, and I never get the chance.

I found out about Project LFG but it's practically barren at this time and it seems like a shame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Start doing “/ all class [min level] [max level]” and start sending tells and recruiting. Or instead of screaming “LFG”, start screaming “LFM”. Someone needs to take the initiative and it might as well be you!

But to answer your question, these external services have pretty much all petered out. Put on “/lfg on” and search for “/ all lfg”, or just start sending tells to random people. You’re going to need to do this in the long run anyway, as a druid who likes to group.

Good luck and dogspeed.
Jarrow is correct on both accounts. You will want to learn how to communicate with others directly, and be personable, creative and confident. You also have to be patient, tolerant and equally able to instruct and command.
You being a Druid makes this even more of a necessity.

Outside of the game, Discord channels are often the best way unless planning a special dungeon crawl to which you could post on the forums.

You've already seen the Discord Project 1999 server.
There are guild channels on Discord as well as non guild affiliated ones such as Knights of Justice : https://discord.gg/CxUwV4

It would be good for there to be a sticky post of such channels.
Closed Thread