Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 02-27-2023, 09:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Human basically min max fashion for every class!
Even I have a human for fashion. Human Enchanter.
Old 02-27-2023, 10:03 PM
Planar Protector

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya.dingus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's the ben franklin saying. Penny saved is a penny earned.

Play a bard over two years, and your button presses will be well over in the tens of thousands for missed notes.

This is literally a case that a minor change in the short term, is a major saving in the long term.

Though as Misty said, still harder to get CHA long term than Dex. So the Min/Max option clearly is dumping points into CHA.
do you have a history of CTS? i was serious about the wrist implosion thing. to operate under the assumption that bard twisting causes cts is a huge leap in logic for someone requesting empirical evidence concerning game mechanics.

i don't remember the bard communities actually having major complaints about this back in the day, or pretty much ever. it was mostly just a joke or old wive's tale, as far as i know.
Old 02-27-2023, 10:24 PM
Planar Protector

What be a boomer.
Yes, on occasion i do use my white lined front facehole to breath.
Pleased to be insulting me with efficiency, me needing to question you regarding your malicious intent is quite the inefficiency, math remember.
I suggest you could do better, given more parameters.
My mother is dead so, unless you some kinda sick cunt "having her" is sorta off the table, i am rather poor, health wise and fiscally.
Ugly enough to scare MTG. Stoopid like a fox and have zero fucks what you think.
Go!
FWIW, dex is the correct answer.
Old 02-27-2023, 10:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even I have a human for fashion. Human Enchanter.
Solid choice, second best cha, and more str/stamina. Arguably one of the best if not the min max enc choice since INT is easy to come by
Old 02-27-2023, 11:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In any event, if we're talking about BIS or striving for BIS, you won't put points into DEX because odds are, you'll have a primal in your bag before you reach BIS. Once you proc avatar, your DEX goes up 100. I'm geared fairly well but not BIS, and once avatar procs, STR AGI DEX all hit 255.

The most important thing to do, if you haven't committed yet, is to choose human. It's a bit late for me to reroll but if I could I'd choose human for the most important reason - when you click halfling mask and then proc avatar, you become a barbarian sized halfling. I'm stuck at human sized halfling because I rolled wood elf. Learn from my mistake!
I think illusion: werewolf and avatar proc probably stacked in this era on live but I haven't been able to pin down enough evidence. How cool would it be to be even a human sized werewolf?
Old 02-28-2023, 06:00 AM
Planar Protector

https://wiki.project1999.com/Divine_Intervention

Quote:
Bestows the favor of the gods upon your target, granting them a second chance at life should they fall in battle. Consumes a pair of emeralds when cast. The chance for this to succeed is affected by the target's charisma.

Note: Mechanics of this spell are such that any hit taken while the player is between 15% and 1% health has a chance to proc a CH and consume the DI. This is why it only very rarely works against Death Touch, the player must have had to be under 15% first which likely would've gotten them killed by low hp aggro anyways.
Never really heard of DI being used on bards, but if the comment about death touch is correct than that would add more late game value to any starting point investment in charisma, particularly when blood aggro kiting/fteing in fear. That said, even without prioritizing the stat, at max level it's easy to reach 130 worn. And, with epic mod appied, Solon's Charismatic Concord amounts +80 cha.
Last edited by Ennewi; 02-28-2023 at 06:03 AM..
Old 02-28-2023, 06:03 AM
Planar Protector

By DSM's suggested BIS

9 sta human

14 sta half elf

dump charisma.

didn't calculate wood elf

edit 19 sta for wood elf

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Last edited by Jimjam; 02-28-2023 at 06:06 AM..
Old 02-28-2023, 09:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya.dingus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
100 hp wont save you from anything.
wrongerino ya jabroni