Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 02-28-2023, 10:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooboredtoquit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Toxigen was 100% on point. Choice spot. Safe and straightforward. Little tricky getting there for the first time if you're not comfortable, but no big deal at all and certainly very easy to get to compared to some camps in other places.

I was able to solo very briefly as groups were pulling everything from there to their camps elsewhere both times I checked, but definitely viable for soloing if available (and more mobs than I would be capable of keeping down).

I was also able to get in a pickup group as well, however, mixing in some non-Undead has led to me get a sacrifice in the tunnel as penance.

Thank you!
Yep. If you can camp out there and sneak on during some off peak times it should be much more calm. When the zone is busy you'll often have both Hands and LCY groups running down there grabbing as many mobs as possible to bring back to their camps. Just kindly talk to their puller, in private, and ask them to at least be aware of your presence. They'll likely leave you plenty of mobs unless they're a total dickwad.

Best thing to do is get friendly with those pullers....then ask them if you can bum a C2 from their enchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If its really bad, just claim Turnkey in /ooc. Set up shop in that hallway. If pullers repeatedly take those mobs and train over you after asking them nicely via tells, petition them sumbitches. Guaranteed a guide will show up in stealth mode and watch whats going on.
Last edited by Toxigen; 02-28-2023 at 10:16 AM..
Old 03-03-2023, 09:46 AM
Planar Protector

There's a good spot in the hole where dartain spawns but getting there at 58 might be tricky depending on how many rock golems you have to root camp before you can ivu in. If you can get there it's easy, safe and better XP then kc but the kc basement is definitely the "easy dad" option which sounds like your goal. You could also just afk kill the undead foreman in OT and afk on hammer hill all day. Sebilis crypt also doable but similar to HS and hole it's probably more danger then it's worth bc you'd spend forever trying to recover when you slip up
Last edited by Pint; 03-03-2023 at 09:49 AM..
Old 03-07-2023, 07:57 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

58.5, been basement dwelling in KC and zapping undead! I've run into a lot of tryhards, but despite that this has still been a great spot! Thanks again for the suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's a good spot in the hole where dartain spawns but getting there at 58 might be tricky depending on how many rock golems you have to root camp before you can ivu in. If you can get there it's easy, safe and better XP then kc but the kc basement is definitely the "easy dad" option which sounds like your goal. You could also just afk kill the undead foreman in OT and afk on hammer hill all day. Sebilis crypt also doable but similar to HS and hole it's probably more danger then it's worth bc you'd spend forever trying to recover when you slip up
Would you please expand a bit more on this spot in The Hole? Would this be fighting the ghosts down in the crypt/basement of the Tower? I always assumed that the Undead Tower area in The Hole was dangerous even for groups.
Old 03-07-2023, 08:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooboredtoquit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
58.5, been basement dwelling in KC and zapping undead! I've run into a lot of tryhards, but despite that this has still been a great spot! Thanks again for the suggestion.

Would you please expand a bit more on this spot in The Hole? Would this be fighting the ghosts down in the crypt/basement of the Tower? I always assumed that the Undead Tower area in The Hole was dangerous even for groups.
The basement below the undead tower has fallen erudites where dartain spawns. You gotta go through the graveyard to get there. They are easy to kill I’ve seen warriors go down there. But dartain will wreck you and spawns behind a rock so careful. Occasionally they pop this ghost of glohnor so once he’s up just kill the others.
Old 03-08-2023, 03:46 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah don't bother going to the hole as a solo cleric you're just gonna die.
Old 03-08-2023, 07:25 AM
Planar Protector

I seem to remember during pop era there was a haunted bath tub in the hole where you swam down into it and there was a whole secret room in there.

CR nightmare, but maybe a brell halfling rogue drag bot can fix that.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 04-19-2023, 11:09 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah don't bother going to the hole as a solo cleric you're just gonna die.
Not true at all. I solo'd from 55-60 in undead crypt. Had an absolute blast. Super easy and laid back.

@Op here is my little guide for this.

Requirements:
Level 55 - This is because we get our final undead nuke, Exile Undead at this level.
2200 mana or more - Takes 8-10 casts of Exile Undead to kill 1 mob.
Some CHA gear - You are going to pacify your way all the way to Docks.

The basics of this are to get to the docks. 2 methods are available. 1) Pacify your way down. 2) Have a cleric friend already at the docks, you jump down the hole, they drag your corpse up the waterfall and rez you.

So method 1).
Get your CHA gear on, mem root, stun, pacify, and atone. The rest of the spells can be whatever you like. Too many random mobs see through invis so you aren't invising to camp.
Just pacify your way through the dungeon. If a single mob crit resists your pacify, you are fine. Root -> Pacify -> Atone (repeat atone if it didn't stick. You can tell when atone works by moving and the mob no longer focuses on you and turns towards you). If you crit resists and get adds, just root and log. Root and log is a great option whenever you don't feel comfortable.
You will very rarely get resists on the elementals. The rock golems and rats are fairly resistant so just keep in mind you may need to pacify a few times to get it to stick and you may get a crit resist.
This crawl is a lot of fun and absolutely shows off your cleric as more than a CHeal macro pusher.

So you made it to the docks, congrats! Go to the waterfall and bind yourself on the left side of the wall. "But RobortGraveyard, I dont' want to stay here forever!" Yeah, well you aren't. You can exit the hole via the door at the bottom of the zone by ducking and unducking while running at the holes in the left side of the door. Pop DA/DB, jump from the top of the waterfall, and run/duck through the door. Your success rate is 100% if yael isnt' up. If yael is strangely up, chances of survival drop. Now you can leave the hole as you please. Toxx has ports, you can use your hammer on trash in the yard, you are never stuck there.

With yourself bound to the left side of the top of the waterfall, you are now ready to drop down to undead tower. On the left side, drop to the ledge just below you. You might take 5-6 fall dmg. Now, you can see the bottom of the hole straight ahead and to your right. To your left you can see undead tower. It looks like far down, but it isn't! Run along the left edge and aim for the area below to the left! This spot is safe on the outter right wall. Heal up from the fall damage and mem IVU. There is 1 roaming golem but his path is very simple and fast. When he leaves the undead tower, IVU up and run in the first area. Head to the left graveyard and towards the back, there is a door to the right that takes you to the crypt. Welcome home. 4 spawns of https://wiki.project1999.com/A_fallen_erudite. 21.5 min timer. The 3 in the front will agro you if you agro one. So we IVU, select 1, run to the hallway and pacify. Do this on all 3 then pull 1 one from the side rooms or the center. Drantin the lost is in the back of this area behind a stone door. He won't agro you unless you stand too long by the tomb thing in the center. If you run to the back spawn, just hug the right walls and he won't bother you.

When you pull your mob, go to the little hallway before the crypt and just root/nuke here.

I did 55-60 here in not a long time at all. Maybe a few weeks of casual play. AT 59, I was getting 1% every 4 kills. Is it great? Nah. Is it awful? Nah. Just sit back and grind. You can gate up to your bind, jump down and get ports, POTG, bank, whatever else.

Worth noting, you will not get rich doing this. They drop bone chips only and maybe 4g to 2pp a kill.

Anyone have other questions, feel free to reach out! I am will make a video of getting to camp some day.
Old 04-19-2023, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

Impressive. I knew you could jump down to the undead area from waterfall, but I didn't know about an easily accessible 4 spawn from there.

Is there a spot to med / afk in complete safety?
Old 04-19-2023, 06:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Impressive. I knew you could jump down to the undead area from waterfall, but I didn't know about an easily accessible 4 spawn from there.

Is there a spot to med / afk in complete safety?
Yes. The hallway between crypt door and the first corner where he suggested you should root nuke. Nothing here until you turn the corner and go deeper where the fallen erudites spawn.

Also, this is why cha clerics are the shit. I regret going dorf on mine.
Old 04-19-2023, 06:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotGraveyard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not true at all. I solo'd from 55-60 in undead crypt. Had an absolute blast. Super easy and laid back.

@Op here is my little guide for this.

Requirements:
Level 55 - This is because we get our final undead nuke, Exile Undead at this level.
2200 mana or more - Takes 8-10 casts of Exile Undead to kill 1 mob.
Some CHA gear - You are going to pacify your way all the way to Docks.

The basics of this are to get to the docks. 2 methods are available. 1) Pacify your way down. 2) Have a cleric friend already at the docks, you jump down the hole, they drag your corpse up the waterfall and rez you.

So method 1).
Get your CHA gear on, mem root, stun, pacify, and atone. The rest of the spells can be whatever you like. Too many random mobs see through invis so you aren't invising to camp.
Just pacify your way through the dungeon. If a single mob crit resists your pacify, you are fine. Root -> Pacify -> Atone (repeat atone if it didn't stick. You can tell when atone works by moving and the mob no longer focuses on you and turns towards you). If you crit resists and get adds, just root and log. Root and log is a great option whenever you don't feel comfortable.
You will very rarely get resists on the elementals. The rock golems and rats are fairly resistant so just keep in mind you may need to pacify a few times to get it to stick and you may get a crit resist.
This crawl is a lot of fun and absolutely shows off your cleric as more than a CHeal macro pusher.

So you made it to the docks, congrats! Go to the waterfall and bind yourself on the left side of the wall. "But RobortGraveyard, I dont' want to stay here forever!" Yeah, well you aren't. You can exit the hole via the door at the bottom of the zone by ducking and unducking while running at the holes in the left side of the door. Pop DA/DB, jump from the top of the waterfall, and run/duck through the door. Your success rate is 100% if yael isnt' up. If yael is strangely up, chances of survival drop. Now you can leave the hole as you please. Toxx has ports, you can use your hammer on trash in the yard, you are never stuck there.

With yourself bound to the left side of the top of the waterfall, you are now ready to drop down to undead tower. On the left side, drop to the ledge just below you. You might take 5-6 fall dmg. Now, you can see the bottom of the hole straight ahead and to your right. To your left you can see undead tower. It looks like far down, but it isn't! Run along the left edge and aim for the area below to the left! This spot is safe on the outter right wall. Heal up from the fall damage and mem IVU. There is 1 roaming golem but his path is very simple and fast. When he leaves the undead tower, IVU up and run in the first area. Head to the left graveyard and towards the back, there is a door to the right that takes you to the crypt. Welcome home. 4 spawns of https://wiki.project1999.com/A_fallen_erudite. 21.5 min timer. The 3 in the front will agro you if you agro one. So we IVU, select 1, run to the hallway and pacify. Do this on all 3 then pull 1 one from the side rooms or the center. Drantin the lost is in the back of this area behind a stone door. He won't agro you unless you stand too long by the tomb thing in the center. If you run to the back spawn, just hug the right walls and he won't bother you.

When you pull your mob, go to the little hallway before the crypt and just root/nuke here.

I did 55-60 here in not a long time at all. Maybe a few weeks of casual play. AT 59, I was getting 1% every 4 kills. Is it great? Nah. Is it awful? Nah. Just sit back and grind. You can gate up to your bind, jump down and get ports, POTG, bank, whatever else.

Worth noting, you will not get rich doing this. They drop bone chips only and maybe 4g to 2pp a kill.

Anyone have other questions, feel free to reach out! I am will make a video of getting to camp some day.
Nice write up didn’t know you could Drop down into undead area, always did that nasty crawl up the rock door way. Did you just solo the ghost of glohnor when it spawned?