Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2022, 12:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It probably comes from a day and age of homeless ppl literally showing up to work and only getting paid tips and trashbin food until they could move into a better position. Like pre1930s.
Some say a service economy(like Bezos wants) is a return to the Gilded age.
Old 11-17-2022, 12:35 PM
Banned

Tipping is literally a remnant of slavery. What are now called service jobs were once held largely by former slaves. It is yet another way that reinforcing existing hierarchy is built into our economic and social systems.

These days, obviously, nobody is a former slave, but the same structure does a fair job of suppressing working class people which has the added side effect of suppressing people of color.

It also has the effect of replacing some oversight that should be carried out by supervisors at a given workplace. You can not only pay people a base of poverty wages, but you can pass off the cost of doing business to the customer. Make them pay the worker a fair wage, that way you don't "have" to raise prices and deal with that headache. Plus, if the worker complains, you can just tell them to do a better job of pleasing customers.
Last edited by Basanos; 11-17-2022 at 12:38 PM..
Old 11-17-2022, 12:37 PM
Planar Protector

Capitalism only works if you put god before money.

If your god is the dollar and you live in a capitalist system, you may as well live in a nazi country.

Saying you put "morality" over money is dumb, because that's just pride month and child labor in 3rd world countries, climate protests, and you buying your 100th disposable iphone.
Old 11-17-2022, 12:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some say a service economy(like Bezos wants) is a return to the Gilded age.
My personal policy of supporting the exact opposite of whatever billionaires want hasn't failed me yet
Old 11-17-2022, 12:48 PM
Planar Protector

being anti tip is like saying you want the manager to take all the tips, and then to distribute them to the team how he feels.
Old 11-17-2022, 02:30 PM
Planar Protector

I just want to go either ddirection we exist in this stupid ass grey area where democrats pretend to be the good guys (lol)
Old 11-17-2022, 02:34 PM
Planar Protector

You know who else doesn't like tips? UBER

It's not like uber is communists.
Old 11-17-2022, 02:36 PM
Planar Protector

uber is evil as fuck lawl its a controlled economy u get to charge what uber dictates and they control all

no private ppl making their own apps

go get ur uber certification/licence/authorization
Old 11-17-2022, 05:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't tell me why I'm bad. I already know I'm bad.

Tell me why I'm wrong.
If that's where you stand I honestly don't think you could comprehend the reasoning, much less the underlying morality.

"I want to ignore who people in a state actually vote for in presidential election, and delegate the decision to party cronies in state courts. Not because it's fair, or just, or even legal, but just because I really want to win".

That's you. You're as wrong as somebody arguing for slavery.
Old 11-17-2022, 05:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If that's where you stand I honestly don't think you could comprehend the reasoning, much less the underlying morality.

"I want to ignore who people in a state actually vote for in presidential election, and delegate the decision to party cronies in state courts. Not because it's fair, or just, or even legal, but just because I really want to win".

That's you. You're as wrong as somebody arguing for slavery.
It is more curiosity than conviction, my brother in Christ.

Thanks for not explaining the thing I'm too dumb to understand I guess.
Closed Thread