Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 06-07-2019, 10:04 AM
fadetree fadetree is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,829
Default

Nice work. So, you say these are immune to soothes...is that because they are actually flagged as immune or just because they have some kind of very large resistance? If they are actually flagged as immune, I wonder if that might affect the mechanics.
__________________
The Ancient Ranger
Awake again.
  #12  
Old 06-07-2019, 10:11 AM
Atmas Atmas is offline
Fire Giant


Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: In the bushes outside your window
Posts: 944
Default

Very nice work.

I've long been wondering if the different spells in the line Lull, Soothe etc. have different resist rates and effectiveness against varying mobs levels. It was my understanding on live this was not the case, that they only varied in their duration and agro/social radius. However, P99 may have been coded differently.
__________________
60 Wixxor - Atmas
60 Paladin - Opmeter
52 Rogue - Ories
Formerly of TZ
  #13  
Old 06-07-2019, 10:27 AM
Crede Crede is offline
Fire Giant


Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 754
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1551 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So between numerous characters of mine who use various lull lines, I've really wanted to put some numbers to the effect of charisma on reducing crit resist rates. Specifically I am always wondering if for example pulling on a paladin, it is worth the effort to switch in a +20 cha item or the like.
It's clear from your test results, but yes I always carried CHA gear on my Pally for a sketchy pull. The Luminary 2H sword that procs Glamour is a godsend for this too. Totally worth it, doesn't take long to swap in big CHA items.
  #14  
Old 06-07-2019, 10:38 AM
rezzie rezzie is offline
Sarnak


Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 302
Default

This is awesome. Thanks for doing it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
  #15  
Old 06-07-2019, 11:37 AM
deezy deezy is offline
Sarnak

deezy's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 377
Default

I love this post. Great job!
__________________
Orna scores a critical hit! (899)
  #16  
Old 06-07-2019, 12:16 PM
DMN DMN is offline
Planar Protector

DMN's Avatar

Join Date: May 2016
Location: My own special hell
Posts: 1,579
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty certain it was, or at least at 255, I rarely had agro on failures
Nah. i think a lot of the resists, especially crit lull, are way too favorable on P99.
  #17  
Old 06-07-2019, 12:43 PM
Abominog Abominog is offline
Large Bat


Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Very nice work.

I've long been wondering if the different spells in the line Lull, Soothe etc. have different resist rates and effectiveness against varying mobs levels. It was my understanding on live this was not the case, that they only varied in their duration and agro/social radius. However, P99 may have been coded differently.
I wonder the same. I believe the higher spells have fewer critical resists based on my experience playing enchanter on blue and red. However, my charisma also increased around the time I acquired the spells so I might be mistakenly attributing the reduction of critical failures to the spell.
  #18  
Old 06-07-2019, 01:06 PM
Puluin Puluin is offline
Kobold


Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nice work. So, you say these are immune to soothes...is that because they are actually flagged as immune or just because they have some kind of very large resistance? If they are actually flagged as immune, I wonder if that might affect the mechanics.
The mobs he tested this on were immune to the spell used due to mobs level. Soothe has a lower level cap.

From a bard point of view; we get 1 lull song that caps at 55? Will not work on mobs 56+... however I will not get agro off of the higher level mobs unless lull actually critical fails.

I don't have numbers or logs, but from appearances, I seem to have a much much easier time consistently landing lull on high level mobs compared to pal or enc.
I rarely have more than 150 cha and typically float at 141 during these lulls.
However, regardless of what other people say about wind modifier ( claims that it doesn't work ) I have personally experienced a consistent lower rate of critical fails while using the 25mod flute from PoG compared to no flute.
  #19  
Old 06-07-2019, 01:16 PM
Legidias Legidias is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,551
Default

PoG flute has +CHA on it. WInd still only modifies -MR on mezzes.


Lvl >>>>>>>>>> cha > anyhthing else for lull
  #20  
Old 06-07-2019, 01:28 PM
indiscriminate_hater indiscriminate_hater is online now
Planar Protector

indiscriminate_hater's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 1,579
Default

Fantastic work, good to see someone actually providing numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1551 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Likewise, I wonder if the target level has any impact on crit resist rate. My GUESS is no, but I could be way off.
Considering how highly dependent general spell resistance is upon level, I would think crit resists for this are as well. But, I don't have the numbers to back it up.
__________________
Antonin Dvorak, 60 Bardly Man
Flyhigh Lesbianseagull, Bard
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:27 PM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.