Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 12:44 AM
Aviak

Default What indicates that Harmony has worked successfully.

Playing a class w/ Harmony for the first time.

Sometimes i'll find myself using it on a select mob, a tab to the other in the encounter, pull him, and end up pulling the entire encounter.

Where other times I perform the same process, but only the one target is aggro'd.

Is there a way to tell if Harmony has worked as its intended to or not? as far as I can tell theres no "resist" message or any message for that matter, or any type of visible effect..

Also does harmony only work on on target at a time or will it jump to all targets in the encounter? it seems to do so visually.
Old 06-19-2019, 12:47 AM
Planar Protector

Harmony can't fail. It's a small aoe based on your target. Turn on spell effects and see which ones glow when it hits. Cast again to cover additional mobs in a big camp. Should only get adds if they are super close together or run over the top of each other on the pull.
Old 06-19-2019, 01:04 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Harmony can't fail. It's a small aoe based on your target. Turn on spell effects and see which ones glow when it hits. Cast again to cover additional mobs in a big camp. Should only get adds if they are super close together or run over the top of each other on the pull.
Good to know.

as for spell effects, I have them turned on, but was simply indicating that theres been no different visual effect when an entire encounter has been pulled as opposed to only one target.
Old 06-19-2019, 01:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arm_Chair_Hero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good to know.

as for spell effects, I have them turned on, but was simply indicating that theres been no different visual effect when an entire encounter has been pulled as opposed to only one target.
Ahh, I see. It's hard to say the cause without seeing it.
Old 06-19-2019, 02:41 AM
Planar Protector

Every player or mob which has been hit by the harmony AoE will sparkle blue.

It will hit everything (?) within line of sight and splash range of the target.

It lasts a couple of minutes.
Old 06-19-2019, 03:32 AM
Planar Protector

It reduces aggro range but doesnt eliminate it completely
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 06-19-2019, 06:32 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It reduces aggro range but doesnt eliminate it completely
^^^ This

If you pull another mob right past your harmonied mob, it will join in. If you pull from the back through a crowd of mobs, you will pick up a train. You still need to pull properly, you just make it easier to single-pull.
Old 06-19-2019, 06:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentathiel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^^^ This

If you pull another mob right past your harmonied mob, it will join in. If you pull from the back through a crowd of mobs, you will pick up a train. You still need to pull properly, you just make it easier to single-pull.
Also, that's particularly true for pom as example, since mobs can stack in some event, like blam stick... If you have stacked mobs harmo won't work
Old 06-19-2019, 08:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, that's particularly true for pom as example, since mobs can stack in some event, like blam stick... If you have stacked mobs harmo won't work
True. It can still be helpful for stacked mob pulls, when a monk FD's them you dont need much room to agro one without social.
Old 06-19-2019, 08:36 PM
Planar Protector

as long as nothing touches the character model of the harmony'd npc, then it will not aggro socially

this includes a player walking by it or a npc being dragged past it - either of those touch the harmony'd npc it will aggro