Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2020, 07:10 AM
Kobold

Default Worker Sledgemallet Post-Nerf?

Inadvertently, I'm sure, the nerf to the recharge cost of Puppet Strings made the cost of using a click to charm "an undead foreman" for the Worker Sledgemallet quest much, much higher. I haven't found anybody selling a click yet, but I'm sure it'll be significantly higher. I'm pretty stinking broke right now, but I am finally getting my Iksar SK to the level where I actually can use/start needing to have the mallet.

Is it even possible/feasible as an Iksar to try to do the quest the old fashioned way? (braids) It looks like it would require over 1,200 braid turn-ins, not factoring in how difficult the original ones where I'm KoS would be.

Any ideas?
Old 05-06-2020, 07:29 AM
Planar Protector

it's 2k for OT hammer now if I'm not mistaken?

Otherwise get VP key, tag some dragons.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 05-06-2020, 07:56 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's 2k for OT hammer now if I'm not mistaken?

Otherwise get VP key, tag some dragons.
Yea, I'll get "Right" on that.

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.
Old 05-06-2020, 08:23 AM
Planar Protector

I don't see how an iksar turns in the braids to begin with when you are kos. Sneak isn't even an option based on the positioning of the braid turn in mob. Maybe combination of harmony + sneak?

Honestly it probably IS easier to get a VP key and wait for a raid to pass through and tag the kills.
Old 05-06-2020, 10:17 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't see how an iksar turns in the braids to begin with when you are kos. Sneak isn't even an option based on the positioning of the braid turn in mob. Maybe combination of harmony + sneak?

Honestly it probably IS easier to get a VP key and wait for a raid to pass through and tag the kills.
Could someone else charm the mob for the braid turn-in? That would make him indifferent while the charm is up and allow for the braids to be turned in? do that until dubious, then just turn in normally. Whether or not iksar can get high enough faction to get a mallet, I have no idea though - think that would depend on whatever the iksar racial modifier is. Maybe skeleton illusion would help once base line faction is high enough?
Old 05-06-2020, 11:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdrcfrx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could someone else charm the mob for the braid turn-in? That would make him indifferent while the charm is up and allow for the braids to be turned in?
You don't get faction, xp or items if someone else charms the mob. Unless I'm mistaken.

This is why people have to hand over the puppet strings to the person buying the OT hammer.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 05-06-2020, 12:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't get faction, xp or items if someone else charms the mob. Unless I'm mistaken.

This is why people have to hand over the puppet strings to the person buying the OT hammer.

Correct and I believe amiable is needed to get the hammer, which means it has to be your own pet. Others pets are indif.
Old 05-07-2020, 12:00 AM
Sarnak

Quote:

You need the strings for the hammer, because you need to be amiable for that turn-in. You only need to be dubious(?) to turn in the braids, though. Someone else charming the mob would make the person turning in indifferent, so faction should be good. Isn't that the same as how a lot of people do the turn ins to Brother B for the monk epic?
Old 05-07-2020, 12:05 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdrcfrx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You need the strings for the hammer, because you need to be amiable for that turn-in. You only need to be dubious(?) to turn in the braids, though. Someone else charming the mob would make the person turning in indifferent, so faction should be good. Isn't that the same as how a lot of people do the turn ins to Brother B for the monk epic?
You don't get faction rewards for charmed.mobs. you will get other rewards but not faction rewards.
Old 05-06-2020, 12:47 PM
Sarnak

You're not entitled to a hammer. Good to see being iksar is finally having more classic consequences.
P99: [52 Champion] Alysane (Barbarian) <Auld Lang Syne>
SZ : [65 Lord Protector] Cochise (Erudite) <Sanctus Lumen>
Closed Thread