Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2020, 04:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongNpretty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Holy shit boys, it doesn't need to be this difficult.. We now have multiple threads open on tipping prices? For 1- Dial a Port does not set a standard in pricing for porting.. So if you're mad cause you tip 1pp per level or cause that's the unspoken standard of the server, then that's your fault. You're choosing to tip 1pp per level just cause that's what other people recommend, but nobody ever said you had to...
This is actually interesting. My first port as a lowbie on green way back in March (I had JUST missed the boat in FP trying to get to my friends all leveling in BB) I asked a DAP member how much it was. Paraphrasing, they said something like, "It's supposed to be 1pp/level but I'll take whatever." I think I was level 8 and I had something like 5pp on me and said as much. They came all the way to the dock to pick me up.

I've thought about it during times when I've walked to where I was going and, I mean... at 50 I can easily kill 3 HGs in the 15 minutes it would take me to run from EC to Rathe which - on average - more than cover the cost. And that has mostly been true no matter what my level has been.
Old 09-14-2020, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

IMO you shouldn't be getting ported at low levels if you're new enough or playing on a recycle server, its a luxury for the noble, so 1p per level is perfectly balanced. Newbies can run like the wildlings they are!

"You newbies have ruined your newbie hunting grounds, you'll not ruin our means of conveyance!"
Old 09-14-2020, 07:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by drackgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol so many 50/50 its either what I Originally posted, or cry that its insane.
Won't lie love it when I tip 50pp for a port and the porter from DAP freaks out happy as hell. Then I ask ask why its only 50. "Last 6 ports I've done I made 21pp total from 3 lvl 50s, and a few 20-45s, you sir paid more then all 6 and double that" I say DAP should shame them totally those 50s. No way in heck someone can't farm and sell like 8 FS wps. or heck 1 scroll from paw.

P.s. I do like the random 1-100pp as tip ideal kudos for thinking outside the box.
Ya I stopped porting most people on my druid because of how cheap people are. I would get tells from people who could clearly afford 20+ and would only give like 10. Lots of players feel entitled to ports and feel like porters don't deserve plat but "they just click a button." The only people who consistently paid me 30-60 plat was Seal Team.
Old 09-14-2020, 07:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IMO you shouldn't be getting ported at low levels if you're new enough or playing on a recycle server, its a luxury for the noble, so 1p per level is perfectly balanced. Newbies can run like the wildlings they are!

"You newbies have ruined your newbie hunting grounds, you'll not ruin our means of conveyance!"
If you know what ports are you should be paying 1p per level. There is a ton of ways to make good and easy plat at low levels. People just love to pretend their alt is new and broke yet they running around in 10k in gear.
Old 09-14-2020, 07:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1p\level sort of breaks down when the lvl 9 person you're porting has a rubi bp and two yaks. I tip 30-50p cause I can afford to. I occasionally get CR ports on my alt, and in those cases I add the porter to my friends list and tip them later on
Nope. A port does not constitute entetlement toward a flat percentage of that players total wealth, jackass.
Old 09-14-2020, 07:07 PM
Planar Protector

In my teens when I came back to green was like, "oh I need a port" oh well I cant afford one at 1 plat per level, I'll take the boat.

And it was like the best night of my life [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-14-2020, 09:41 PM
Planar Protector

current top thread in both green and blue discussions is about port costs.

if someone helps you out with a port, rez etc. Just pony up some plat. You will figure out if it was enough next time you need help from that person.

Threads Closed. Moved to Resolved. Back to camp stealing or server politics.

YW
Old 09-15-2020, 10:53 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaihir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nope. A port does not constitute entetlement toward a flat percentage of that players total wealth, jackass.
I believe you may be thinking about this from the wrong direction. Don't think of the port as getting more expensive because your accumulated wealth is higher... a port costs the same amount of mana no matter who is being ported. It costs the same* number of resources to the person porting.

Think of it as the discount you get on that service goes away as your accumulated wealth gets higher.

*There is, obviously, a slight increase in the amount of time needed to recover from a port for lower level porters.
Old 09-15-2020, 11:59 AM
Skeleton

This donation thing seems to be working well. I vote that we adopt donations as the standard method of exchanging goods across the entire server.
Old 09-15-2020, 01:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaihir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you willing to share the name(s) of your character(s) on P99? If you feel this adamantly about it, and you seem very confident that you're right, you should tell everyone who you are in game.
Closed Thread