Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2020, 09:51 PM
Sarnak

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/la-no...ess-x-to-doubt
Last edited by M.J.; 09-20-2020 at 09:52 PM.. Reason: X
Old 09-21-2020, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

This is refreshing to read about. After 20+ years of elf simulation apparently there is still new ground to break.

I wonder if there are any other classes that could be utilized differently than we've been using them.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 09-21-2020, 09:35 PM
Banned

What does your downtime look like?
Old 09-21-2020, 09:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
This is refreshing to read about. After 20+ years of elf simulation apparently there is still new ground to break.
For sure
Old 09-21-2020, 10:12 PM
Fire Giant

Some initial observations:

Downtime is about the same as before just fear kiting the same mobs. I can kill 2-3 dark blues per buff cycle before they ( V.E., Vortex, and Banshee aura) wear off. Keeping all the buffs up is a bit frenetic, and I'm not sure I'm out dpsing the pet every fight. Sometimes I throw a dot out.

Went from 20.2 to 21.2 in a short amount of time, roughly 3.5 hours. Solid, faster than the fear kiting was going, also made plenty of mistakes finding out the best way to play this way. It's also way more fun and engaging!

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 09-21-2020, 10:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balimon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some initial observations:

Downtime is about the same as before just fear kiting the same mobs. I can kill 2-3 dark blues per buff cycle before they ( V.E., Vortex, and Banshee aura) wear off. Keeping all the buffs up is a bit frenetic, and I'm not sure I'm out dpsing the pet every fight. Sometimes I throw a dot out.

Went from 20.2 to 21.2 in a short amount of time, roughly 3.5 hours. Solid, faster than the fear kiting was going, also made plenty of mistakes finding out the best way to play this way. It's also way more fun and engaging!
Dude, that is so cool!!!!!!

Like its cool ivory figured this out, but its even cooler that its like, actually a legit way to play?? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Question: do yo notice a significant increase in your tankyness with stacking AC on the caster?
Old 09-21-2020, 10:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dude, that is so cool!!!!!!

Like its cool ivory figured this out, but its even cooler that its like, actually a legit way to play?? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Question: do yo notice a significant increase in your tankyness with stacking AC on the caster?
Definitely, I went from super squish to tank...life taps really help this work though. The AC and the proccing are the grease that keeps the gears turning I think. 402 AC self buffed at 21 atm.

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 09-22-2020, 12:04 AM
Planar Protector

SK is one of the most underrated pullers in Velious. They get good tagging spells, FD, taps, a pet. When utilized properly I'd say they can out perform a velious monk on pulls.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 09-22-2020, 12:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balimon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Definitely, I went from super squish to tank...life taps really help this work though. The AC and the proccing are the grease that keeps the gears turning I think. 402 AC self buffed at 21 atm.
Are you using leach too? The lifetap dots are the most mana efficient heals (And then at 29 when you get vampiric curse, you will see a big jump in passive tanking too)

I'd save all the mana for just lifetaps. And the great thing is since you aren't over-agroing, you can back up at any time and the pet will take it off you for breathing room or to CC or things.

Banshee aura is great damage for the mana, just the short buff time (especially earlier levels) meant I skipped it most the time. ((the time scaling is really harsh, 4.2 minutes at level 16.... but 9 minutes at level 40....though it's 60 mana and really good damage per mana in a fight, I wasn't too worried about DPS boost and instead was more focused on making downtime as low as possible to just keep killing things))

Spirit armor earlier on might be a bit iffy, later on the mana isn't a big deal... but the extra 13 AC is pretty nice for 36 minutes (just, again, I was more focused on minimizing downtime)

Also you will be more tanky with https://wiki.project1999.com/A_Shimmering_Orb if you don't already got (shield AC is worth 3 or 4 times what normal AC is worth, so using this can really make a difference over any other offhand item). And kerran toy for 3 more AC isn't bad either.

But since you aren't going to be outdamaging the pet usually, you should think about duoing when you can too. I leveled with duos a lot to really make leveling efficient (and would get the same exp per kill as if I was alone). Taunting off a monk or rogue is easy with disease cloud or vortex.
Old 09-22-2020, 12:55 PM
Planar Protector

I wana stack AC on my enchanter and see what happens.
Closed Thread