Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2021, 06:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whatever you want to believe. If they fix channeling I'm going to propose fixes for all the other provably broken Enchanter stuff. If I remember right the list is about 100 items long and you're certain that since you showed some of them don't have enough evidence we should ignore all of them.

Let's have resistable tash, no charm break message, pets that attack your group members, etc just a few of the proven items from that list.

"Look bro, it's not going to hurt Enchanters to make channeling 10x harder, make Tash resistable, have no message when their charm breaks, have animations with half the HP, have their charm pets attack their group members.... I have ways around all of those, stop trying to get them fixed, there isn't even any like.. pfft.. evidence." - You
"Oh and like, even if there was evidence, a dev said it can't be fixed anyway because it's a client issue so don't even try. No I don't have that quote on hand, why?" - You

I remember you calling me names and stalking me around the forums and I wrote you back one time calling you names, savaging burning you so bad they banned me from forums. You know bro.
Old 12-05-2021, 06:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ya'll still got those badass animations, haste, slow, and lull/root/memblur

*cough*
To me fun-factor is still a variable though, and the animations are the most boring pet in the game. You can't give them commands, can't re-position them, and all you do every single mob is slow and maybe stun and give your animation rune. I suppose for a hard fight you could also try dot'ing and nuking with our terribly mana inefficient spell-based dps, but that's not something you could maintain doing; it's just not worth the mana if efficiency and the value of your time matters to you over "ooo pretty sparkles"

And the proposed nerfs did incorporate nerfing animations, I just didn't mention it

They are also somewhat of a pain when dealing with certain kinds of mobs. For example, you don't want to have shadowknights kick you in the nuts with every harmtouch just to get your animation on them, so you have to mez them, then finagle your animation over to stand next to them, then root them in range of it, which gets them to HT it. Same goes for nasty necromancer, shaman, any caster mob that is going to try to DoT you. You have to mez them, root them, get the animation in range of them, then wait for mez to fade to get that initial cast towards the animation and not you. You could try to facecheck them and stun interrupt their first spell, but that's just a wasted rune because they are going to hit you with melee too

So yeah, nerf them, they're not fun anyway
Old 12-05-2021, 07:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To me fun-factor is still a variable though, and the animations are the most boring pet in the game. You can't give them commands, can't re-position them, and all you do every single mob is slow and maybe stun and give your animation rune. I suppose for a hard fight you could also try dot'ing and nuking with our terribly mana inefficient spell-based dps, but that's not something you could maintain doing; it's just not worth the mana if efficiency and the value of your time matters to you over "ooo pretty sparkles"

And the proposed nerfs did incorporate nerfing animations, I just didn't mention it

They are also somewhat of a pain when dealing with certain kinds of mobs. For example, you don't want to have shadowknights kick you in the nuts with every harmtouch just to get your animation on them, so you have to mez them, then finagle your animation over to stand next to them, then root them in range of it, which gets them to HT it. Same goes for nasty necromancer, shaman, any caster mob that is going to try to DoT you. You have to mez them, root them, get the animation in range of them, then wait for mez to fade to get that initial cast towards the animation and not you. You could try to facecheck them and stun interrupt their first spell, but that's just a wasted rune because they are going to hit you with melee too

So yeah, nerf them, they're not fun anyway
That all sounds like more fun to me. I didn't know about the mezzing and rooting animation next to a mob thing.

Ya don't forget you guys have rune too!

About half of enchanters are just not really that good and should be rolling mages or wizards and grouping more.

Goal us classic EQ. More or less. I'm pro cosmetic changes. Not pro leaving the game too easy/imba for convenience. There are a ton of options for convenience. Live is a good one for enchanters who want the game to be soloquest and to solo raid mobs or churn out items with very little effort.
Old 12-05-2021, 07:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That all sounds like more fun to me. I didn't know about the mezzing and rooting animation next to a mob thing
I found out the hard way trying to kill the cool looking scorpion things in OT. They all HT, and it was late at night and I was tired and was using the animation to solo at the time. I pull the first to get the animation on it and it runs up and OOF! HT kick in the nuts. I think ok that one just happened to be a shadowknight. Let's see about the next one. OOF! Another HT kick in the nuts. Now I'm staggering away at under half health thinking how the F am I going to get the animation on these things without getting HT. So then I was rooting them and trying to drag it over them, but my ping is pretty bad and sometimes they'd still HT swipe me, also even their DoTs they cast at range is not something I want to be eating, so I started mezzing too.

The casters I've found it's always easiest to lead with the nullify line normally before attempting to slow. They seem to always have either a nasty DS or good buffs or both. But that doesn't work with the animation pet. Because then they'll stick a nasty DoT on me from range before they run over. So I need to lead with mez, then root, then mez again or something to blur, then finagle the animation over towards them to get them to jump on it. Then ideally interrupt their first cast with stun while still being out of melee range. If people want to do that for every caster, while also only getting 50% experience the entire time, be my guest. I just find it all annoying and boring
Old 12-05-2021, 07:19 PM
Planar Protector

Idk if classic, but mobs will blow their HT timer if you get them to attempt to cast HT at a time they can’t use it (such as in the middle of casting a spell). Hope this helps (or is nerfed if appropriate!)

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 12-05-2021, 07:33 PM
Banned

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I found out the hard way trying to kill the cool looking scorpion things in OT. They all HT, and it was late at night and I was tired and was using the animation to solo at the time. I pull the first to get the animation on it and it runs up and OOF! HT kick in the nuts. I think ok that one just happened to be a shadowknight. Let's see about the next one. OOF! Another HT kick in the nuts. Now I'm staggering away at under half health thinking how the F am I going to get the animation on these things without getting HT. So then I was rooting them and trying to drag it over them, but my ping is pretty bad and sometimes they'd still HT swipe me, also even their DoTs they cast at range is not something I want to be eating, so I started mezzing too.

The casters I've found it's always easiest to lead with the nullify line normally before attempting to slow. They seem to always have either a nasty DS or good buffs or both. But that doesn't work with the animation pet. Because then they'll stick a nasty DoT on me from range before they run over. So I need to lead with mez, then root, then mez again or something to blur, then finagle the animation over towards them to get them to jump on it. Then ideally interrupt their first cast with stun while still being out of melee range. If people want to do that for every caster, while also only getting 50% experience the entire time, be my guest. I just find it all annoying and boring
Well. A hasted Troll warrior duel wielding shark teeth and with walk speed on can crreep up into mobs and attempt to push interrupt them plus bash without an animation or rune up to eat the HT.

SKs got their grreeny little pet, their own ht, but no slow or colorflux.

For wizards, just have to spam rend and like lightning bolt or something with a 0.0 sec and click jboots praying to God.

Clerics get DA and can spam fear, and nuke o.O

Rogues, uhm, lol, maybe a poison, or lucky intimidate on some greens?

Maybe *classic* enchanter, just isn't for you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Imma, let up now.

It's RnF, kinda didn't feel like pulling a punch. Nothing personal!

Chanter is OOOOOp. Will still be pretty decent, and require some finger wiggly finesse, tis EQ. That's how this game gets deep. Not just churning through dark blues semiafk.
Old 12-05-2021, 07:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Well. A hasted Troll warrior duel wielding shark teeth and with walk speed on can crreep up into mobs and attempt to push interrupt them plus bash without an animation or rune up to eat the HT.

SKs got their grreeny little pet, their own ht, but no slow or colorflux.

For wizards, just have to spam rend and like lightning bolt or something with a 0.0 sec and click jboots praying to God.

Clerics get DA and can spam fear, and nuke o.O

Rogues, uhm, lol, maybe a poison, or lucky intimidate on some greens?

Maybe *classic* enchanter, just isn't for you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Imma, let up now.

It's RnF, kinda didn't feel like pulling a punch. Nothing personal!

Chanter is OOOOOp. Will still be pretty decent, and require some finger wiggly finesse, tis EQ. That's how this game gets deep. Not just churning through dark blues semiafk.
Well like I mentioned, I could still live with the channeling changes and an animation nerf, but a nerf to make charm and mez more unreliable + those other 2 I just don't see myself recovering from. And possibly a lot of other casual players, like the OP mentioned. It would definitely make chanters more rare, but the drawback is it would definitely also make necros more common, and they are already at the low to mid levels in my opinion the second most common class behind druids

And I actually have never gone for dark blues in my char's lifetime, which is probably why I've died so rarely. The sweet spot in my opinion for most everyone is going after mobs that are exp green and low blue. This is because you have a visual representation of level (obv blue is higher level than the green ones around it), and also they for sure will not hit as hard on average, and miss more often, than dark blues. Then there's charm breaks, I found on the rare occasions I tried charming a dark blue just to watch it wreck stuff, that it was significantly more unreliable

And anyone who thinks charm is reliable when targetting exp greens is simply wrong. There has never been a session where I've sat down to charm solo greens where charm has not broken randomly including seconds after it lands. And that's with 240 cha. I really don't see an extra 15 CHA changing this. Charm is not reliable now. You will always have to be ready for a break, because there always will be some breaks, even charming greens
Old 12-05-2021, 07:49 PM
Banned

Well the game isn't soloquest. Find urself a good paladin pal or cleric and marry them.

And ya I enjoy killing exp greens the most cuz its just safer funner, and less random, and I'm after goodies or faction usually anyway. Not even a chanter, so like I can actually hunt the occasional yellowcon solo with fear and an undead nuke, its just never worth the risk/rewards.

Maybe you only sorta like EQ... takp is a lot easier with pop erra combat code and resists and twink items galore. Imho that's the server to do solo challenge, nostalgia quest on.
Old 12-05-2021, 07:52 PM
Banned

Should have put ur stats all in agi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] just like every pro actual enchanter in 1999 that I had to hit with divine light immediately after rooting the mezd mob that just smacked them [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-05-2021, 08:10 PM
Kobold

People keep bringing up animations. Wasn't there proof that animations should be garbage compared to their current P99 numbers?
Closed Thread