Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 01-03-2024, 07:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpathEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not here to troll just trying to keep it real. I see people every day coveting what other people have but aren't willing to do what those people are willing to do to get it.

Totally ok to not wake up at 3AM when a mob spawns, I don't either. But someone will and they will end up with the reward for it. So can't be mad when they get the epic piece instead of you, they made sacrifices for that opportunity that others didn't.

The great irony is the very thing this thread was designed to advocate against is the thing you should be advocating for. If more people were farming epic pieces to sell loot rights or MQs for then it would be easier for you to obtain an epic without being in a guild or raiding at all and in my experience virtually anything in the game that can be bought is faster, easier, and more enjoyable to obtain with plat than it is to kill the actual mob and get the loot.
Sounds like what someone who needs to pay rent would say.
Old 01-03-2024, 07:14 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_PVP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly, I would rather spend cold hard plat than do some of these camps. So I fully support MQs!

Also, consider how many epic pieces would needlessly rot if multi-questing wasn't possible. The answer is a TON of shit would rot and zero people would benefit.
Items wouldnt rot if people are on that specific piece of their epic, nothing would ever rot actually.
Old 01-03-2024, 07:15 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpathEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not here to troll just trying to keep it real. I see people every day coveting what other people have but aren't willing to do what those people are willing to do to get it.

Totally ok to not wake up at 3AM when a mob spawns, I don't either. But someone will and they will end up with the reward for it. So can't be mad when they get the epic piece instead of you, they made sacrifices for that opportunity that others didn't.

The great irony is the very thing this thread was designed to advocate against is the thing you should be advocating for. If more people were farming epic pieces to sell loot rights or MQs for then it would be easier for you to obtain an epic without being in a guild or raiding at all and in my experience virtually anything in the game that can be bought is faster, easier, and more enjoyable to obtain with plat than it is to kill the actual mob and get the loot.
There cant be more people farming epic mobs, because they are dead 24/7. Another fix is to make certain epic mobs spawn times shorter, there is 2 much demand for epics on this server to wait 7 days, That would be another option, but then people would farm harder for the other non epic loot.
Old 01-03-2024, 09:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eqgod34 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also I am not in a raiding guild
How did you intend to complete your epic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eqgod34 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't have time to raid on green the way it has to be done, Im not waking up at 3am when i have to work to kill a raid target to get 1dkp, thanks but no.
So then it’s an availability issue, not a rules issue. There are just too many people who want the things.
Old 01-03-2024, 11:46 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

They can simply put something like instances where the person just clicks the book or something to do the encounter same for plane raids and dragons. And that's it end of farming for profit. Still, such a person will need to have a group or guild lol. Or such a person can just go to Project Quarm and do it there LOL. P99 is P99 either love the poop-socking or get out because the guys in charge of p99 don't care about the casual gamer. And BTW, you don't need twinking or epics to enjoy EQ content leave that to the addicts lol
Old 01-04-2024, 06:11 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
You guys cant resist trying to troll in every response on here. Grow up. I also bet half of the responses are from Neckbeards. Also I am not in a raiding guild , I don't have time to raid on green the way it has to be done, Im not waking up at 3am when i have to work to kill a raid target to get 1dkp, thanks but no.
So which mob is it that you don't want to pay for, and also not wanting to do a guild raid for? Which Epic are you trying to complete???
Old 01-04-2024, 06:40 AM
Planar Protector

Imo raid loot should require over a dozen people in zone to drop. The more people in zone the better the loot drops.

Raids meant to be fun with a whole bunch of elf pals.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-04-2024, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Wrong, They charge 125k a tear and 800k for earth staff etc, dont tell me its more accessible Lol. I think mobs should only trigger if the epic person is in the zone who is on that step. This Farming epic for selling is getting out of hand and we cant finish epics when guilds are sitting on everything. Classic or not, it needs changed. The staff changes all kinds of shit and makes it "Not classic" so I don't want to hear that excuse.
Whole lot of "I" this and "I" that. Maybe try being a team player and think of the overall goal of this server. You're so selfish in game and on the forums it is sickening.
Old 01-04-2024, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

OP not living up to his forum name.

Guess what, buddy? This is Everquest. You either compete for spawns or farm enough plat to buy a MQ.

This ones headed to RnF and rightfully so. Get fucked.
Last edited by Toxigen; 01-04-2024 at 12:53 PM..
Old 01-04-2024, 01:04 PM
Sarnak

...if you're not in a raiding guild, you're never going to be able to get any of the high end items any way except by people farming them with farm crews and selling them. If you made selling MQs illegal, you would make it slightly easier for people getting DKP-based epic pieces from killing things with their guild, since they would not have to compete with people buying them with plat from farm crews. But anyone not in a raid guild is basically guaranteed to not get any of the rare epics then.