Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 02:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gonna stop you there.

If it's about competition and not loot you wouldn't be filing petition after petition trying to get your only competition in Class C suspended or loot returned. If you had such a fantastic rapport with IB that kind of stuff wouldn't be happening.

Sure you may enjoy your competition. But saying pixels don't motivate is a flat out lie. May not matter to some of you, eh maybe. But the guild as a whole, certainly.
Wow, you really are dense, aren't you? Part of competition is following rules and when the people you are competing with break the rules, you go to the authorities to ensure a fair and even competition. Nothing that you have said, shows that these guilds are motivated by loot 'because they filed a petition'. Your logic doesn't make any sense. Are you seriously not capable of understanding what competition means to the class C guilds?

It doesn't surprise me though, that the bigger class R guilds would do what they can to bully the smaller guilds who help eachother out, into changing the rules that were agreed to. They talk about how greedy and horrible TMO/IB are, yet they can't allow the smaller guilds to help each other out without making a fuss because 'oh noes, both those small guilds got to split the loot on 2 3am spawns instead of the 2 guilds having to split the loot from one spawn'.

The behavior of some of the larger class R guilds on this matter disgusts me.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poosammich [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't recall any such rotation crap on Live.
It's been proven repeatedly that there were live servers that had rotations. Yours may not have, but mine did.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipdog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow, you really are dense, aren't you? Part of competition is following rules
Then why are the guilds who always talk about competition constantly looking for any possible way to get around or lawyer the rules?
Old 01-30-2015, 02:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Every guild kills all of their mobs solo 90% of the time, unless already signed up in conjunction with another guild on the list. So this change won't make an impact on the length of rotations at all.

The only effect it will have is that the number of R-FFA snipes will go up(the only guild who even attempts to /stopwatch and snipe R FFA mobs now is Taken), which is why its important to understand that they don't want to be held accountable for these kills.
And the 10% of the times mean monthly guilds aren't able to kill a mob they are on rotation for. So they get assistance, and then in a few weeks they are able to assist that guild for a second kill.

It is also important to remember what precipitated the necessity for 12-hour alliance windows. When guilds would have blackout hours they would refuse to track or try to kill, mobs but at the same time they would refuse to drop down to the bottom of the rotation after failing to kill their Class R mob.

It did used to be worse. But it can still get better. Simply saying you kill a mob and get a lockout, you drop to bottom of rotation. That's all that needs to be said to improve the rotation. Covers guilds allying together, and the big-bad taken (who you appear to have a Pie-Chart-Hardon for) sniping Class R mobs after they go FFA. There should be mention that if you are repeatedly allying to kill a mob (IE cannot on your own) you should share a merged slot.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:14 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenlaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's been proven repeatedly that there were live servers that had rotations. Yours may not have, but mine did.
This iteration of an MMO didn't get the "instanced" bug until LDoN I think, but even then things weren't perfect. However when you have 1000+ people all wanting pixels and and each target is only up 1(?) time a week its tough. If I were a GM I'd have to advocate adding more spawns despite the "classic" issue. I also don't recall how big my server(Mith Marr) was in its hay, but I think Blue is probably pretty close to its overall pop.

Knights Who Say Ni!!!
Old 01-30-2015, 02:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poosammich [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This iteration of an MMO didn't get the "instanced" bug until LDoN I think, but even then things weren't perfect. However when you have 1000+ people all wanting pixels and and each target is only up 1(?) time a week its tough. If I were a GM I'd have to advocate adding more spawns despite the "classic" issue. I also don't recall how big my server(Mith Marr) was in its hay, but I think Blue is probably pretty close to its overall pop.
I'm not sure how your story relates to the fact that there were live servers that had rotations.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenlaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then why are the guilds who always talk about competition constantly looking for any possible way to get around or lawyer the rules?
Pay no attention to what they actually do, it is not permitted to hold them accountable for their actions.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:20 PM
Aviak

Quote:
I'm not sure how your story relates to the fact that there were live servers that had rotations.
Simply stating that personally the solution I would choose would be more opportunity over more control. Also hardly thinking it was SOP for guilds to wait months to get another kill on mob X or Y.

Knights Who Say Ni!!!
Last edited by Poosammich; 01-30-2015 at 02:25 PM..
Old 01-30-2015, 02:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
yeah they had rotations of like 3-5 guilds maybe but not like the volume here, when servers got this populated in the top end it wasnt uncommon for Verant/SOE to split the server.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah they had rotations of like 3-5 guilds maybe but not like the volume here, when servers got this populated in the top end it wasnt uncommon for Verant/SOE to split the server.
Chardok proxy?