Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 04:53 PM
Fire Giant

Smile Tears of joy, back to play. Introducing myself as Garthin

Hello everyone. I am so excited to say I started playing on this server yesterday. I haven't played since 1999. I used to play with an old school black dell CRT monitor and a crappy Acer computer that took 6mins to load between zones.

*deep breathe* There is so much to talk about. My first character on this server is Garthin an Erudite Enchanter. I am currently level 4. I play PST west coast hours usually around 6-11pm range. I would really love to meet new people and play with them. I chose enchanter so I could easily find people to play with.

I first want to send a really big shout out to a few of the many kind people I met in Toxx/Erudin last night. In no particular order, you guys are so awesome I hope to see you agan soon.

Dronestrike - Erudite Wiz
Andria - Anon Druid
Solist - Gnome Caster from (Inglorious B) guild. Thank you for the assistance.
Secondly I need some advice. I broke my right hand a few days ago. Typing this has taken a long time. Playing is kind of hard as well, I was wondering what kind of voice chat people use for this game? Curse voice? Skype? etc.

I have so much more I wish to write but it is hard to type a lot lol. I really hope to make friends and find people who want an enchanter in their group. I'm tearfully happy to be playing EQ again, Cheers and let's let the good times roll!

PS: I stopped playing EQ at Luclin release and I had a 53 Mage and 56 Warrior. I chose enchanter this time because my Mage was rarely invited to groups. Btw I was on Bristlebane.
Last edited by gkmarino; 02-18-2015 at 04:56 PM..
Old 02-19-2015, 11:30 AM
Sarnak

I was also on Bristlebane.

Kibbler Pumpernickle - 56 Halfling Warrior.
Old 02-19-2015, 02:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was also on Bristlebane.

Kibbler Pumpernickle - 56 Halfling Warrior.
AWESOME! I was Garthin Fyrefists Erudite Mage and Steelblades Wood Elf Warrior. I knew Xarina human Cleric, Italadin human paladin, Zama erudite mage. Many others I can't remember. I think Triwind wood elf rogue was a childhood friend of mine lol. I only went to plane of hate twice and fear once.

Last night on P99 I got level 7 on my Enchanter and met more awesome people.

Necrifico Erudite Necromancer - Awesome guy we hunted giant snakes and spiders in Toxx together.
A halfling druid saved me in the Qeynos area.
An Iksar SK I forgot his name Drasdec or something. He was hungry and thirsty so I gave him fresh chunks of meat and water. He gave me some coin to help fund mty spell research so I went to surefall glade disguised as a human and brought him iron rations and more water.
Skorn Unknown high level defiler - Cool cat, roleplayed for awhile but the message from my brother never arrived neither did the convoy of horses.

I also finished the top & bottom staff fragments quest for the druid/ranger crook staff quest and received 9plat from the quest!

I would write more if my right hand wasnt broken. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] maybe with dragon speech i can start a journal.

I have saved up 60plat for when I hit lvl 8 and begin more advanced research into enchantments.
Last edited by gkmarino; 02-19-2015 at 04:16 PM..
Old 02-19-2015, 02:23 PM
Fire Giant

Welcome home. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-19-2015, 02:55 PM
Sarnak

Wow 60 plat? That's amazing for a level 7!
Old 02-19-2015, 03:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulbousaur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow 60 plat? That's amazing for a level 7!
Thanks! I know i have been super lucky and trust me I didn't do it alone! I finished that quest very luckily for the 9plat. Toxxulia is not just Rungupp, death, fog and suffering. I got lucky with cracked staves and other weapons from kobold runts & decaying skeletons. I eradicated so many of them between levels 2-4. I also did the column of fire wizard quest for 5plat. Not to mention I was given 15plat from a generous gnome mage and tipped 20plat for bringing the iksar food and water, which ended up being 14plat after i purchased his rations and water. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] The adventure has been really fun so far!
Last edited by gkmarino; 02-19-2015 at 03:47 PM..
Old 02-20-2015, 12:30 PM
Aviak

Good community here if you can tolerate the neckbeards(few and far between thus far for me), but by and large even they haven't spoiled my fun just yet.

Welcome to the server!

Knights Who Say Ni!!!
Old 02-20-2015, 12:46 PM
Orc

Welcome! I play around Qeynos and I'll be happy to tip you for enchanting some silver bars for me once you reach 8, trying to get into jewel crafting!
Closed Thread