Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 07:18 AM
Planar Protector

Default Your options are...

The rotation isn't dead yet. If it ever was there's a few alternatives...

1. Take it like a chump and accept less.
2. Consider red (always a good option)
3. Compete, or merge guilds til you just have 3 huge zerg guilds in a highly toxic/competitive raid scene.
4. Play something else or somewhere else.

2 and/or 4 would be my picks.

Feel kinda bad for newer players wanting to get into the raid scene if the rotation collapses. The same nerds farming the same pixels for 4+ years to epic up their 7th character or to sell on for huge/unrealistic amounts of plat.

Interested to see how it plays out. Dare I say (of all people) that now is a good time to crash North Ro with the raft to Velious?
Old 01-30-2015, 09:58 AM
Planar Protector

These red threads are becoming like rabbits.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:00 AM
Planar Protector

Do you even know the primary issue people have with the rotation now?
Old 01-30-2015, 10:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you even know the primary issue people have with the rotation now?
You've probably got 2 answers, so I'll definitely be wrong whichever one I choose to pick.

However there's the argument that Class R guilds are sitting too pretty in their sandbox and the intention was always to see some graduate to Class C, which hasn't happened...people are content to wait in line, and there's only going to be more and more guilds joining when they feel they can down dwagonz making the rotation gradually shittier for all concerned.

If raiding for "casuals" becomes untenable I think it would be a sad evolution for P99. Velious would cure this quite possibly, but we're not there yet.

What, pray tell noble Daldaen are your thoughts on the "primary issue" people have?

Got GM powers on beta yet?
Old 01-30-2015, 10:24 AM
Aviak

Who stuck a stick up your ass, Swish? You're talking to Daldaen like he fucked your sister then ran off when she got pregnant.

I think you need to get over the fact that most people don't share your opinions about or interests in red and that your list of "options" isn't going to trick anyone into believing red or gtfo are the only answers to an imperfect situation on blue.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:26 AM
Sarnak

Red sucks. People play here for classic. There is nothing classic about red.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:31 AM
Planar Protector

This isn't a red recruitment thread (unless you want to make it into one?), this is a realistic set of options if you don't want to app for TMO/IB/etc for your pixels if the rotation collapses. Just because "red" is in the OP doesn't mean I'm going full speed trying to get people to join - susvain made a thread on that and its pointless having a dozen threads on page 1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

As for Daldaen, he does a lot of beta which is more than I can say for most people but I think his opinions/approach on a lot of things are the polar opposite to mine.

He snipes at me as well (see the 3rd post)... call it ForumQuest pvp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-30-2015, 10:34 AM
Aviak

Please.

Every word in the OP oozes your biased opinion against blue. The majority of players on the server don't even raid, let alone raid for their primary enjoyment of the game (both of those things are classic, by the way)... but everything you have to say here is based on the (faulty) assumption that since the raid scene on blue is far from ideal, then red or gtfo are the only good choices available to people.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:42 AM
Planar Protector

Shock/horror, I still play on blue... call me a purple player [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

A healthy amount of people who return to classic EverQuest will want to see the Planes at least and do their epic quest for their class. If they happen to pick the wrong class they'll be forever hoping they can save enough plat to buy a MQ off a Class C guild if the rotation collapses.

I don't think it's a good advert for casual players on P99, seems like it could end up being all about catering for the competitive end game players once you get to raiding levels.

Personally I've got no problems raiding competitively, but as a Euro zone player I've got 2 realistic guild choices that don't typically enjoy staying up til 4am socking mobs...and say what you like, this server caters for American players in terms of raiding repops. We really don't get much for Euro primetime.

Similar problem with red if I'm honest, there's not enough of a Euro player base there for a guild dedicated to raiding before 2am local time. Solution? Join Holo and raid at 2am or when mobs repop, or don't raid the majority of set events.
Old 01-30-2015, 11:08 AM
Planar Protector

As mentioned many times in the past - If the goal of Class R was to promote joining Class C... It failed miserably.

Of the Class R guilds taken is the one that has the strongest case for moving. But the number of people willing to track/Poopsock is a very small fraction of the guild, there are certain Neckbeard hours (see normal people sleeptime) where we have no viable force at all, and we don't have the Trakanon Teeth / VP keys to warrant the switch. Nor do we have the 4 Mages and 2 groups willing to poopsock an entire Trak window, which is required to compete on FFA Trak.

If they want people to move up. Remove 16 hour variance. Then when we compete we have a set time. Sure it will be more guilds competing on the CotH or footrace start, but we atleast know we will win or lose within 30min after that we go on with our lives.

Or remove Respawns and just assume it's a Euro server with horrible stability that continually goes down - IE full repops replace typical respawns.

The problem that caused Taken/Divinity to bring up these suggestions a year ago was simple. Look at this rotation spreadsheet:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

On Trakanon, notice how Omni/Indignation are the only ones sharing a slot.

But if you look at Omni's latest guild post they helped Europa on their Trakanon and split the loot. No problem in my eyes, until you find out that ONLY Europa drops to the bottom of the rotation. Omni's slot stays firmly where it is.

This allows guilds to game the system. Small guilds which field 20-man forces are able to get on rotations for mobs. Fine. They should be able to. But you should be able to kill that mob at any time it spawns during the window. If not you should find a partner guild and agree to ally on those mobs that you won't have the force to kill within 3-6 hours of their spawn. In doing so you should SHARE a rotation slot.

What essentially happens is 2-3 guilds may decide to ally with each other and whenever it spawns at a pseudo unfavorable time, so long as the guilds have 2 spaces between them in the rotation (due to the Class R 2 spawn lockout), they can continually band together, split loot and get double the kills. This is pretty clearly dumb. This was attempted to be mitigated by adding a window of time when you had to kill mobs... I don't think that has ever been enforced or anything at all.

If a mob spawns at any time of the day. And you want a rotation spot. You should have the force to kill that mob within several hours of its spawning by yourself. If you cannot, recruit more or find another guild similar to yours that you will share a rotation slot on.

The Gorenaire gateway thing is/was retarded and clearly was a meant to stick it to someone. Allowing people to occupy two separate rotation slot, ally and kill those mobs and the guild who wasn't the top slot guild allowed to keep its position in the rotation is maximum retarded though.

Also guilds who think that when they miss their kill, either letting another Class R guild kill it after 3 hours or Class C after 6 hours... That they shouldn't move in the rotation because they didn't kill. That's retarded as well. You failed, drop to the bottom and try again later. If you continually fail, again, recruit more or find another guild to pair up with and share a slot.

GM powers are incoming by Saturday they said. Very excited! So much betaing to do.
Last edited by Daldaen; 01-30-2015 at 11:11 AM..
Closed Thread