Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2015, 11:10 PM
Aviak

Default an amorphous goo

The NPC "an amorphous mass" (the unusually large black goo) in Dragon Necropolis was pulled and downed this weekend by our raid force, and when it died it did not split into more goos. There is a ZAM post on this monster from around Velious era that indicates it did used to do this. Not 100% on it, but I remember this mob having this "split" mechanic when killed.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=5425

2 posts from the above link (one 4/14/01 and other 2004 indicate that this occurred on this mob)
Last edited by Shea; 10-12-2015 at 11:15 PM..
Old 10-12-2015, 11:12 PM
Developer

Need more information.

Did it split when it died or got low?
How many individual splits?
Did the splits split?
Did it split every time?
What were the names of the split?
Same model?
Loot?
Stats like max hit?
Old 10-12-2015, 11:15 PM
Aviak

Added link info
Old 10-12-2015, 11:19 PM
Planar Protector

http://www.angelfire.com/freak/eqjon...necropolis.htm

Quote:
Amorphous masses split in smaller versions when killed, which can be mezzed. But make sure you kill them quick as they could grow. Sometimes they drop a stick with 1 charge of the 39 res, give this to your monks, SK's or necros to ease CR in some raids
2004 post http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=5425
Quote:
i kill the Big slime near Neb

after kill the 1st Big goo, another instantly spawn.

after kill the 2nd , it split to 2 meduim

The 2 medium goo will spilt to 4 small after dead
2001 post same page
Quote:
These start out as a large goo, bigger than the ones in HS or CoM. Upon their death, they will split in to 1-4 new masses. Large ones split, small ones (pictured here) are the last stage, kill em and they die permanently.

They are completely unmezzable, though not magic resistant.

The can drop a number of different "goos" All one charge items with effects from regeneration, all the way to Resusitation (39 rez) as well as quest gems.

Pulling a single mass can eventually end up with 10+ masses killed as you work through the splits. Slow em, and have a tank keep them occupied until your group is ready to finish it.
Sounds similar to the guardian wurms in VP mechanic, random # of splits each time, can be large, medium, or small.
Old 10-12-2015, 11:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
These start out as a large goo, bigger than the ones in HS or CoM. Upon their death, they will split in to 1-4 new masses. Large ones split, small ones (pictured here) are the last stage, kill em and they die permanently.

The can drop a number of different "goos" All one charge items with effects from regeneration, all the way to Resusitation (39 rez) as well as quest gems.

Pulling a single mass can eventually end up with 10+ masses killed as you work through the splits. Slow em, and have a tank keep them occupied until your group is ready to finish it.
Quote:
i kill the Big slime near Neb

after kill the 1st Big goo, another instantly spawn.

after kill the 2nd , it split to 2 meduim

The 2 medium goo will spilt to 4 small after dead
edit ele beat me to it
Old 05-03-2019, 12:20 PM
Project Manager

I am writing the script to allow splits for the goos.

Currently on eqlive, the amorphous mass always splits into 2 smaller ones. It seems originally, there were multiple splits. Large->Medium->Small, with comments indicating up to 10 total goo.

So, I'm thinking Large always splits into 2 mediums, and the mediums split random 1-4 small goo to achieve 5 minimum, 11 max.

There is also commentary about different spawn times and mechanics. The one (large) near neb being 6 hours, and the other at 15 minutes. The larger one is said to be indifferent but will attack on a hail.

Lasty, the loot. Currently Pulsing goo is more common than Pliable goo. 99% sure it should be the other way around.

Anyone have additional details about any of this?
Old 05-11-2019, 01:52 AM
Planar Protector

Seem to work on giant magic rules if nothing else with the unmezzable comments.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/n...99349138319173
Quote:
Jun 25 2001 at 12:49 PMRating: Default
Anonymous
Anonymous
some of these goos will aggro if you go near them but some will only aggro if you hail them
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/n...98724337089104
Quote:
#Apr 14 2001 at 5:16 AMRating: Good
Anonymous
Anonymous

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/i...00039514671600
Quote:
Goos in DN
#Sep 13 2001 at 10:32 AMRating: Good
Lakin
1 post
These do indeed drop from the goos in DN. We've gotten a couple, though they seem to be a bit of a rare drop. Most times the goos loot is a no-drop, grub looking, regen item. As far as the use of this item, it is the level 39 ress, which is approxiamately 50% exp back. If anyone thinks this item is useless they are totally wrong. This comes in handy especially when deep in a dungeon. Example: One time we got wipeout and all died but the monk who had one of these, he moved the bodies to a safe spot and ressed the cleric, who then was able to ress the rest and we continued on without having to spend money on coffins, plus we were able to port out later taking the monk with us. The exp the cleric lost was minor compared to the exp gained that day.
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/n...99788677057901
Quote:
#Aug 15 2001 at 9:46 AMRating: Default
Anonymous
Anonymous
this lvl thing saying 49-51 is real wrong. they conned red to me at 52 and beat the **** outa my grp as well *tho that could be that the cleric was standing on an aoe trap :/* and they seemed a great deal larger when we were fightin em than the picture too...course i'm a dorf...
The great and powerfull Wolveseax
< 52 war bertoxx- lost boys >
▲ Page top
Well...
Possible 24 hour with variance limit on dragon construct traps.
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/z...01415642027399
Quote:
IMHO there is about 0 chance you will find a pickup group there on most servers because sane people dont want to go there. There is a few insane who like the place but these put their limits to 55+ when going there for good reason. I saw the best groups getting wiped there within a few seconds to mistakes, this zone isnt very tolerant with them.

So my advice to you would be, go to OS and HS and keep it at that, you do NOT want a pickup group in DN.

As for the droprate of stuff, its OK for the quality, nothing is very common but you get nice **** so its worth the effort. As for the mobs, you have to kill rats for it, cannot really relate their difficulty they spawn in all different kinds, just melee them down and watch that they dont gate on you.

Another nice feature of this zone which you should pay attention is the traps, especially dragon construct traps which once spawned stay up for 24+ hours unless killed which can make for VERY unpleasant times (just logged from a raid where we were jumped by 5 of them while setting up, not fun).

Have fun,
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/n...04733960294199
Quote:
Mar 10 2003 at 6:44 PMRating: Excellent
Darkmatil
128 posts
There are actually only two goos in DN that I am aware of, both not far from each other and both in the Paebela (good rats) cave. Both goos have the same name.

The first one is in the tunnel leading from the pool with the entropy serpent to where the hole is where you drop down into the chetari pool with vilefang, etc. This goo wonders down that tunnel, is light blue to me at lvl 61, and pretty easy. He does not split into any more goos when dead. He is also KOS to all. This goo dropped "pliable goo" which has 1 charge of regeneration.

The second goo is closer to Neb. When you follow the underwater tunnel past the pool you go left instead of right (right goes to Neb). This goo does not wander but is larger. He cons dark blue at lvl 61 and cons indifferent. He only attacks when hailed. This one is much more difficult, he must be mid to high 50's. I did not kill him so don't know if he splits, but got him close to dead. He summons AND enrages, and stuns. Max hit only 137 but hits fast.

The feel I'm getting from alla is that originally there were two spawns roughly where they spawn currently with both being able to split down to small goo from large to medium and then small. Large it seems could spawn 1-4 medium and those themselves 1-4 small making them fairly common. Any size goo seemed to have equal but rather rare chance to drop pulsing rezes versus Pliable goo which seemed to drop from any goo with a fairly common rate versus the pulsing rez goo. Later it seems the script was changed to one semi rare spawn and one on a quicker spawn more akin to the actual zone timer. This somewhat implies that the 10+ original goo spawns dropped too many rez goos and had to be scaled back eventually. Possibly only the semi rare spawn being able to drop pulsing goo at some point in 2003/2004. With some of the 2001-2003 comments I would wager that the original large goo was of a level/class to both enrage/summon so 56+ warrior/rogue/monk at the least with the smaller goo probably being lower than that but that is only assumed.
Last edited by Pringles; 05-11-2019 at 02:16 AM..
Old 05-11-2019, 02:26 AM
Planar Protector

Jaled' Dar should death touch if he isn't
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/z...99785131246621
Quote:
starting zone
#Aug 14 2001 at 11:55 PMRating: Excellent
Sorronn
Scholar
40 posts
Yes you can. You will want a cleric and a plate tank though. Phase spiders will "phase" their targets sometimes. This is a teleport to a short distance away, similar to what the scarelings in Fear do to you.

Regular phase spiders are all level 49 to 51.

There are two main kinds of traps to worry about topside. The first is if you spawn a dragon construct. This is a large, approximately level 55 UNDEAD dragon. He is susceptible to undead spells. They are tough but doable with one 55ish group but I am unsure about a 48 to 52 group.

The second type of trap are the swarming beetles. Each of these is like a little hill giant. They hit for 60 to 90 and have around 2k HP each. The easiest way to deal with these is an enchanter AoE stuns and then a mage or wizard AoE kills them. Mages can usually kill an entire trap if they can successfully get off 4 total AoEs. These beetles will swarm though so without AoE stun, whoever gets swarmed is dead.

Last note - Jaled'Dar is the dragon ghost who lives here. He was slain by Emperor Ganak (the guy that gives you the key to Sebilis). There is quite a backstory in Norrath about these two characters. Jaled'Dar is not a danger to you unless you aggro him. He is the quest NPC for the key to Sleeper's Tomb. His one thing is that he hates most all illusions. If you get near him he will death touch you so it's best to just avoid illusions near him. Generally I just recommend avoiding them anywhere in this zone.
Queen Death Behavior
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/z...99284182926765
Quote:
Jun 18 2001 at 12:23 AMRating: Default
Anonymous
Anonymous
We took out the queen with 22 people ranging from 51-58. The queen herself is easy but when she dies 10 to 15 spiderlings(all blue con at 53)spawn from her. We only had 6 deaths she dropped 2 Queens Carapaces.
Snare should not work on phase spiders,illusion deaths can be zone wide from Jaled dting folks, and spiderling traps should spit out way more than they currently do. They already are a death sentence with flee stun so might as well make classic as possible.
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/z...99264198349921
Quote:
Jun 15 2001 at 4:53 PMRating: Decent
Duldar
6 posts
We have been on several raids here, but have never had a rogue with a real high sense/disarm traps skill, and since last night when 1 trap let loose 22 tiny phase spiders which have a high mr killed us, (even with 2 chanters in the high 50's), does anyone know what skill is needed to disarm these traps? Also, it should be advised to not use any illusions here, as we have had people HT'd for 20,000 pts damage, and it doesn't seem to matter where in the zone you are. Lastly, last night I tried to snare a phase spider with Cascading Darkness, and I got a message "your target is immune to any change in it's movement rate". I had never seen that message before.
Last edited by Pringles; 05-11-2019 at 02:30 AM..
Old 05-11-2019, 04:19 PM
Project Manager

Pending update:

-large goo near neb is no longer kos. he will aggro on attack or hail. spawn time increased to 6 hours, splits implemented.

-smaller goo does not split, wanders, and has a normal respawn time.

-pulsing goo is rarer than pliable goo.
Old 05-13-2019, 03:26 PM
Project Manager

Working on finishing Queen Raltaas script.

I see notes for her existing spawn tied to march2001. As far as I know, she started spawning with Velious release. Any info about this?

Pending update:

-implemented spider spawns on queen's death
-corrected timers and depop/repop mechanics of queen/ph
Closed Thread