Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 08-27-2018, 12:10 AM
Canopus Canopus is offline
Large Rat


Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 6
Default A few bugs

Hey man, nice work! This is my first custom UI to try on P99 and so far so good, except for a few bugs I've found so far.

- After dying and zoning, then opening my inventory, the game crashed. Only happened once so far, will update after I die again.
- After adding the "Collapsible/draggable chat windows with titles" file and reloading the UI, the horizontal hotbutton bar without the extra Primary/secondary/etc slots disappeared. Had to reload the UI without saving my layout to fix it (just reloading didn't fix it).
- In the inventory, I can put things in the 9 and 10 slots of my bags but they're only 8 slot bags. I'm ok with this one though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Not sure if the items would disappear on logout on not, might try with some trash later.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-28-2018, 07:02 AM
MilanderTruewield MilanderTruewield is offline
Sarnak

MilanderTruewield's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 459
Default

I feel like no one has addressed the fact that Orna is a jealous bitch when it comes to what spells he can cast :P

60 Rangers don't cast Regrowth of the Grove and other such spells. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-29-2018, 01:25 PM
deezy deezy is offline
Sarnak

deezy's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 308
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canopus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey man, nice work! This is my first custom UI to try on P99 and so far so good, except for a few bugs I've found so far.

- After dying and zoning, then opening my inventory, the game crashed. Only happened once so far, will update after I die again.
- After adding the "Collapsible/draggable chat windows with titles" file and reloading the UI, the horizontal hotbutton bar without the extra Primary/secondary/etc slots disappeared. Had to reload the UI without saving my layout to fix it (just reloading didn't fix it).
- In the inventory, I can put things in the 9 and 10 slots of my bags but they're only 8 slot bags. I'm ok with this one though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Not sure if the items would disappear on logout on not, might try with some trash later.
thanks, i'll take a look into it. may take some time though.
__________________
Orna scores a critical hit! (899)
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-29-2018, 01:27 PM
deezy deezy is offline
Sarnak

deezy's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 308
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanderTruewield [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel like no one has addressed the fact that Orna is a jealous bitch when it comes to what spells he can cast :P

60 Rangers don't cast Regrowth of the Grove and other such spells. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you almost found an easter egg
__________________
Orna scores a critical hit! (899)
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-01-2018, 08:11 PM
Para99 Para99 is offline
Kobold


Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 177
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
thanks, i'll take a look into it. may take some time though.
The crashing after dying or moving bags into empty slots isn't a problem with how you coded it, it's a problem with the client that wasn't fixed until long after Titanium when the EQtypes for bag slots were changed to <EQType> Inventory/equip 23/0</EQType> instead of the 251-330 EQTypes that Titanium uses.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-03-2018, 06:16 PM
Jazzael Jazzael is offline
Decaying Skeleton


Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 2
Default

i have a problem that s very strange . I lost my "target window". I found the hotkey to get it back ( CTRL +T ) but it doesn t work.

Any idea?
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-04-2018, 03:41 PM
deezy deezy is offline
Sarnak

deezy's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 308
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i have a problem that s very strange . I lost my "target window". I found the hotkey to get it back ( CTRL +T ) but it doesn t work.

Any idea?
You may need to reset the position of all of the UI elements to get it back. It might be off screen somewhere possibly.
__________________
Orna scores a critical hit! (899)
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-04-2018, 05:51 PM
Rredd Rredd is offline
Large Rat


Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Para99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The crashing after dying or moving bags into empty slots isn't a problem with how you coded it, it's a problem with the client that wasn't fixed until long after Titanium when the EQtypes for bag slots were changed to <EQType> Inventory/equip 23/0</EQType> instead of the 251-330 EQTypes that Titanium uses.
Reading the posts about crashes rings a bell for me. I've had some crashing/hanging during corpse recovery post death.

Para99: Are you saying it's unfixable? or is it an artifact of the bags open inventory page?

Is there a good substitute inventory page that fits the general look/feel of rustle UI that doesnt have open bags in it? I'm loving the feel of this UI and it integrates very nicely with NParse. I wish GINA timers looked more natural with it. Maybe I can fiddle with Gina to make it look cleaner...
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 09-04-2018, 06:43 PM
Para99 Para99 is offline
Kobold


Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 177
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rredd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reading the posts about crashes rings a bell for me. I've had some crashing/hanging during corpse recovery post death.

Para99: Are you saying it's unfixable? or is it an artifact of the bags open inventory page?

Is there a good substitute inventory page that fits the general look/feel of rustle UI that doesnt have open bags in it? I'm loving the feel of this UI and it integrates very nicely with NParse. I wish GINA timers looked more natural with it. Maybe I can fiddle with Gina to make it look cleaner...
It's very specific to the open bags. It's unfixable as long as the open bags are active in the UI. I use open bags in a UI I made for myself, I consider it a worthy tradeoff but I understand why some people don't.

I haven't downloaded this UI and looked at how it's written but there's a specific set of EQType's that are used for open bag slots on Titanium and a few other clients and the EQTypes themselves are bugged, that's why they were one of the few EQType's that got changed in later clients.

It's really simple to remove if you Ctrl+F the <EQType>251</EQType>, take note of whatever the <InvSlotItem=""> that EQType is linked to, scroll to the bottom and delete <Pieces></Pieces> associated with EQtype's 251-300. It's usually 80 lines. Probably should do it with a copied UI folder and make sure it loads in game in case you delete the wrong line.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 09-04-2018, 07:29 PM
deezy deezy is offline
Sarnak

deezy's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 308
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rredd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there a good substitute inventory page that fits the general look/feel of rustle UI that doesnt have open bags in it? I'm loving the feel of this UI and it integrates very nicely with NParse. I wish GINA timers looked more natural with it. Maybe I can fiddle with Gina to make it look cleaner...
Try out these options from cucumber's excellent ui > https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...&postcount=159
__________________
Orna scores a critical hit! (899)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:09 AM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.