Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2019, 09:35 PM
Orc

Default Is it even worth gearing up my Druid?

I'm one of those rare folk who never played live. So when I joined p99 a few years back, I didn't know much of anything, and honestly still don't compared to most people. My druid is about 40% into lvl 59, and lately I've been saving up plat to buy my epic MQ and was hoping to get SS armor once I get enough plat to buy those MQ's as well.

Then I got to thinking. End game wise, Druids aren't exactly sought after I have found. They don't do any one thing exceptionally well (at least not in a group/raid scenario), which has made it near impossible for me to ever find a group ever since I tried looking for them in my lvl 40's. So why would I bother gearing him up and spending all of this plat? Just so I can have a bigger mana pool so I can port more?

Any suggestions on this. I have a few alts, none higher than lvl 45, but I feel like even if I decked my Druid out in damn good pre-raid gear, it'd be for nothing, so why bother?
Old 05-03-2019, 08:04 AM
Planar Protector

I definitely wouldn't spend money on expensive MQ gear that is no drop. That's an investment you can never get back.

Nothing wrong with buying better gear, if you focus on buying things that have easy resell factor you don't really lose anything in the long wrong because you can always sell it back.
Old 05-03-2019, 10:26 AM
Planar Protector

Do you like playing a Druid? Do you want to raid?

If not, stop reading, go start another character, and have fun.

But if so you have a whole other world to explore, where druids do in fact do one thing well: cast PotG [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Seriously though, most guilds always want one Druid for PotG (and Circles), and could use more beyond the first for healing. Plus there's occasional places where you get to shine as a Druid (eg. isle 5 of Sky where you can charm some badass pets).

And if you join a guild you can get Skyshrine armor AND your epic "for free" (or for DKP anyway). Anonymous does Sky every Wednesday and Skyshrine every Friday. Maybe you should give us (or another raid guild) a look?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-03-2019 at 10:29 AM..
Old 05-03-2019, 01:58 PM
Banned

Druids are great on raids.

You help your guild mobilize for contested targets (ports, succors, sow, etc).

Any targets in Kael you can charm a wolf for big damage.

Heals are good for anything in Kunark.

Anything but MT healing on fights w/ lots of splash damage.

PotG

If you have zero interest in raiding, then sure....its probably time to roll another char funded by your porting / PL monies.
Old 05-03-2019, 02:51 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you like playing a Druid? Do you want to raid?

If not, stop reading, go start another character, and have fun.

But if so you have a whole other world to explore, where druids do in fact do one thing well: cast PotG [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Seriously though, most guilds always want one Druid for PotG (and Circles), and could use more beyond the first for healing. Plus there's occasional places where you get to shine as a Druid (eg. isle 5 of Sky where you can charm some badass pets).

And if you join a guild you can get Skyshrine armor AND your epic "for free" (or for DKP anyway). Anonymous does Sky every Wednesday and Skyshrine every Friday. Maybe you should give us (or another raid guild) a look?
I do want to raid for sure, and it'd be much more convenient and easy to get my druid to 60 then it would be to level any of my other toons to 60 just for raiding. My druid is currently in DaP, so raiding obviously isn't anything that is done in this guild. I had always gone off this idea that druids are not sought after for raids. I've spoken with a few members of some of the "big boy" raid guilds and they said that if I had a cleric at 60 and was looking to raid, they'd all take me up in a second, but as a druid it'll be rather tough. But to be honest, I'm not looking to join a hardcore raiding guild, just a casual one that runs things at least somewhat often.

I'll look into Anonymous. I don't know much about them, but running SS would be really nice at the moment since I have my eye on much of the gear that drops there. My current gear is lacking somewhat, I won't lie, so not sure what the requirements are for joining this guild (if there are any). I also have never raided on EQ (well I helped in PoS once years back when my old guild Haggard Krew was still around), so I'm not sure if my lack of experience will be a damper on my ability to join or not.
Last edited by Delacroix; 05-03-2019 at 02:54 PM..
Old 05-03-2019, 04:19 PM
Kobold

Be sure you have the spells Fixation of Ro and Ro's Fiery Sundering. Both are important for Velious content.

Keeping Ice of Velious off the streets of Norrath
Old 05-03-2019, 05:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delacroix [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My current gear is lacking somewhat, I won't lie, so not sure what the requirements are for joining this guild (if there are any). I also have never raided on EQ (well I helped in PoS once years back when my old guild Haggard Krew was still around), so I'm not sure if my lack of experience will be a damper on my ability to join or not.
Sounds to me like you'd be perfect for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://anonymous.guildlaunch.com/index.php?gid=418431
Anonymous is a casual friendly guild that takes their raiding pretty serious with no major gear requirements however we would like you to start working on some resist gear, OT Hammer and a Midnight Mallet.
Check us out (forum link and website link), we'd love to have you. And if we're not what you're looking for, definitely consider other casual raid guilds: Druids definitely do get to raid on P99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread