Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2019, 12:07 AM
Fire Giant

Default Attack and Weapon Skill Effect on Max Hit

I just dinged 46 on my Pally. When leveling up I have used a sword of blessings and Massice Dragon Claw Shard and never leveled up 2hs and it was at 1 skill. Got a Natures Defender tonight and have some questions about max damage.

With a 19 damage sword of blessings I can hit in the 70s and with the Shard I can top 100 dmg per attack with 142 strength.

With the Natures Defender I had a max hit of 91 but started at 1 skill. After hacking yetis for 20 minutes I’m up to 15 skill and still a max hit of 91. I tried using Yaulp to increase strength to see if the max hit would increase but it still looked like 91(only tested on 1 mob so needs more testing).

My question is do skill cap which effects attack have an impact on max hit? What could be causing it to be so low? I expected it to be higher since I thought 2 handers have a higher damage bonus and I feel like my monk hits much harder with a 28 damage 2 hander and similar strength. The wiki doesn’t show attack or weapon skills in the damage formulas. 91 is pretty underwhelming given the high delay and that a 28 damage 1hs has a higher max hit. Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 05-09-2019, 12:21 AM
Planar Protector

You can dump like 50 skill points before it gets expensive. Yea max skill vs 15 skill is a HUGE difference. It directly increase attack power, I bet you are like 500 points shy (switch weapons with your inventory/stats open and look at the stat numbers change).

If impatient grab a Ornate Rune Blade or Nathsar and head to WL for a faction group. Should max it pretty quick.
Last edited by Snaggles; 05-09-2019 at 12:23 AM..
Old 05-09-2019, 02:05 AM
Planar Protector

(weapon skill + strength - 75 / 100) (weapon base damage) + (level based bonus damage) = max hit

And if your weapon skill + str stats aren't high enough you will see no bonus to your damage beyond the level based bonus damage+ 2 x weapon base damage.. Sounds like that's where you are at right now and is why yaulp didn't increase your max hit.

And currently 2handed weapons don't have a damage bonus.
Old 05-09-2019, 05:15 AM
Planar Protector

Don't 2hander have the same bonus as one hander atm? That is low and only level based? We definitely don't have the big, delay and level based bonus for sure...
Old 05-09-2019, 07:54 AM
Fire Giant

Thanks for the information. I always thought skill level and attack impacted how often your attacks landed but didn’t realize it also impacted max hit. I wonder what the break point on skill will be when the max hit goes up. I will try to log it and see.
Last edited by Barlu; 05-09-2019 at 07:58 AM..
Old 05-09-2019, 05:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barlu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the information. I always thought skill level and attack impacted how often your attacks landed but didn’t realize it also impacted max hit. I wonder what the break point on skill will be when the max hit goes up. I will try to log it and see.
When the sum of your str and skill goes over 275 you will start to see it go up.
Closed Thread