Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2019, 08:35 PM
Planar Protector

check out this old relic I found browsing around some emu progression boards heh

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

yall realize in 2047 we gonna be playing on a Classic Project1999 Classic Everquest EMU server right?
Old 05-21-2019, 08:37 PM
Planar Protector

APRIL 28, 2000

Due to a feature within the zone, players can no longer bind within Timorous Deep. This functionality was intended in the zone prior to launch, as binding presents a possible balance issue. Players who are already bound in this zone will retain their binding location until they bind someplace else.

100% of players will be bound here lmao we all know this but still it cracks me up to think about it.
Old 05-21-2019, 08:39 PM
Planar Protector

JULY 20, 2000

/Consent no longer gives other players permission to loot your corpse. Instead, it only gives them the ability to drag your corpse using the /corpse command. This change is due to player request stemming from number of customer service issues raised by some players who were using /consent as a way to steal the belongings of other players. The change will eliminate those concerns and make the game more enjoyable for all of those involved.

OK Im starting to remember how the duping worked, it had to do with this.. I feel it in my darkest memories.

If we cant dupe on green99 then it is not a classic server JK
Old 05-21-2019, 08:41 PM
Planar Protector

Looks like warriors will be using runed fighter staffs until well into kuark lol blackburrow hands down going to be the most toxic place manastone will be a utopia compared to the toxcisity in this little newbie zone
Old 05-21-2019, 08:51 PM
Planar Protector

I imagine the staff will clarify the details, but in short some of the stuff you mentioned will be there, and some won't.

There's probably multiple factors involved, but basically if doing things the old/wrong way is too much work ... as I suspect it would be for them to impliment letting others loot your corpse when you /consent them ... then it won't be on Green.

But stuff like being able to bind in TD was implemented here on Blue, and very likely will also be allowed (briefly) on Green.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-21-2019, 09:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I imagine the staff will clarify the details, but in short some of the stuff you mentioned will be there, and some won't.

There's probably multiple factors involved, but basically if doing things the old/wrong way is too much work ... as I suspect it would be for them to impliment letting others loot your corpse when you /consent them ... then it won't be on Green.

But stuff like being able to bind in TD was implemented here on Blue, and very likely will also be allowed (briefly) on Green.
Well yeah obviously the client could completely prevent some of these things, and though I know there is no reason to ask these questions other than fun there is no reason not to because it is!

Now I ask you loramin, put on your little magical cap and imagine for a minuet if you will, what would you do in a fanatsy world where you could very well use a scimitar of the mistwalker to summon one of the most powerful pets in the game?

now isnt that a fun little dreamy adventure?

take it with me

lets dupe some corpses!
Old 05-21-2019, 09:03 PM
Planar Protector

By the way I think if you let someone loot your corpse, then they /q then you loot your corpse you get a duped item....

Im so close to remembering it!
Old 05-21-2019, 09:36 PM
Aviak

Well the simplest is usually the most likely. So i would expect green to be like blue but with the blue patches on green to be released faster (classic timeline). The only question would be whether the blue patches were segregated between timeline changes (i.e. expansions, classic iconic item nerfs, etc) and general game changes unrelated to classic timeline (i.e. bugs specific to p99, encounter tuning). If they were than green would lunch in same state as blue but with all the general game changes unrelated to classic timeline already in and subsequent patches being the blue timeline changes. If they werent segregated than green will lunch like blue and subsequent patches (v1 to v48) being released on a classic timeline with possibly some of the major bug changes unrelated to classic being in from start.
Old 05-22-2019, 02:48 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
JULY 20, 2000

/Consent no longer gives other players permission to loot your corpse. Instead, it only gives them the ability to drag your corpse using the /corpse command. This change is due to player request stemming from number of customer service issues raised by some players who were using /consent as a way to steal the belongings of other players. The change will eliminate those concerns and make the game more enjoyable for all of those involved.

OK Im starting to remember how the duping worked, it had to do with this.. I feel it in my darkest memories.

If we cant dupe on green99 then it is not a classic server JK
The really interesting thing about the /consent feature before it was changed was that a given corpse was keyed to a character's name.... and only that. On Fennin Ro I had a character with a Guise (a rogue) that I didn't feel like leveling any further and was too lazy to run my new high elf Cleric down to guk to get another. I transferred my stuff off of the rogue except for the guise, died in a remote place in Felwithe (drowned), logged out to char select, deleted the rogue, and created the high elf cleric with the same name. The cleric most certainly was able to loot the guise off of the rogue corpse.
Old 05-22-2019, 04:06 AM
Planar Protector

I hope everyone is looking forward to root and snare not stacking again, lol

yay, "quirks"